California-Los Angeles

NWR: I'm so happy =D

Of course its not wedding related...I have no wedding to plan anymore ;(

Anyway, just wanted to share my happiness! My boss (Assemblymember) just called me right now to tell me that I am getting a raise and will be full time with full benefits. yay!!! Since I started I've been working 30 hrs. so it'll make a difference. I don't know how to tell DH, I was going to text him but I think I should wait for dinner right? any cool ideas? we are having dinner at my parents house.

Re: NWR: I'm so happy =D

• edited December 2011

awesome! that's great news, especially in this economy! yeah, maybe you should wait until dinner and announce it then. well, they might think it's baby news if you do it that way :p

• edited December 2011
    buahahaha..baby news.  That reminds me of my april fools plans for this year.  April 1st will be 3 days after i get back from my honeymoon.

You should call him and tell him when you have a chance so he knows before you tell your folks.  He's your husband now, after all.  It affects him more than it affects them!

But how hilarious would it be if you led your parents to believe you were going to drop "big news" about a baby and then go, "Nope, got a raise...that's all." 

*giggle*
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting!  Benefits!  So jealous right now ;)  Congrats on the good news!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg, you guys stop playing about baby news...I havent gotten my period!!!
  • edited December 2011
    *mouth dropping open*
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011

haha phiaska. I'm worried! I admit, I havent been taking my pills how I supposed to...it's just that I've been forgetting so that is why I'm sh**ting bricks! Last time I got it was a week before the wedding which was exactly a month from today. So I am supposed to be on it, right?

• edited December 2011
    If you're normally pretty regular yes, you should be getting it by now except that you experienced a high level of stress and got out of your normal routine  for wedding and honeymoon so it could very easily be delayed.  UGHHH.  I had a nightmare a few weeks ago that I was pregnant.  It was horrifying!  In the dream it was still only four weeks out from the wedding and suddenly I was pregnant also!

The moral of the story is don't forget your pills!!!!! Surprised
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    haha yeah I wont anymore.

You're dream is so funny. On top of all this, my mom called me earlier today and told me she had a dream of a pregnant girl...that made me freak out more. I guess I'll wait and see for another week. I hope its just delayed. Innocent
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, and thanks everyone for congratulating me Laughing
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Vans!  I'm sure you're body is just a little delayed but (I know this isn't ideal) you should think about condoms until you've been back on the pills for a couple of weeks. 

*fingers crossed for Aunt Flow to visit you soon*
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    thanks jagore, will do.
  • edited December 2011
    That's GREAT VANS!!! WOOOOOO HOOOO!!!!! Raises are always great that deserves a drink :D

As for the other situation, oh man I get freaked as well...I stopped taking the pill to actually help the loosing weight process so I'm always bitting my nails every month. I NEVER have regular periods, the pill has really messed me up. So I always go into freak out mode cux I never know when "she's coming". I feel ya Vans, I feel ya!
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, congrats on the raise!!!

Second of all, you ladies are making it sound like having a baby is so bad...lol

I ADORE my baby girl...she is the joy of my life...I am regular as well so I knew when I didnt feel right, something was up...Needless to say, I got a BFP!!!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• geal3456geal3456 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the raise! Don't have any cool suggestions, but I think I'd tell my husband alone first then tell everyone else so he seems special and important.

I always hated taking pills so many girls suggested to me to get an iud and I was, but then I just got my tubes tied I hated forgetting and I got 3 already. Thats enough for me.

If you are I know your not excited right now, but you will be so congratulations on that too. just in case Wink
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    geal- thanks! =)

I'm no pregnant ladies! I got the big visit from Aunti Flow today. yay! Not that I don't want kids, I do but just not now.
  • edited December 2011
    *phew!* 

So how did hubby/parents take the news of your raise?? :)
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    DH was very happy for me, he said we would go out on the weekend to celebrate. And well my parents were happy for me too. It was about time. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Vans! Glad everything worked out for the best Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Super dupper LATE on this! but Just wanted to say Congrats on the Raise! && Yaii for Auntie Flow getting here =D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards