Chit Chat

Wait, was I supposed to introduce myself?

I sort of just jumped on board and realized that I never actually introduced myself to any of you!

I'm also sort of (read: super) inebriated right now, so that might have some small bearing on this post. I'm supposed to drive back to school tomorrow and so my FI and I are in a LDR for yet another semester. Wahhhhh. This explains the drinking, maybe.

Anyway, my name is Jen and I dig scotch, gin, vodka, a good bowl of risotto, feminism, and the Mayhem Man from the Allstate commercials.

That probably covers just about everything important.

What are you doing on this not-so-exciting Monday night?!

Re: Wait, was I supposed to introduce myself?

• ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I sort of just jumped on board and realized that I never actually introduced myself to any of you!

I'm also sort of (read: super) inebriated right now, so that might have some small bearing on this post. I'm supposed to drive back to school tomorrow and so my FI and I are in a LDR for yet another semester. Wahhhhh. This explains the drinking, maybe.

Anyway, my name is Jen and I dig scotch, gin, vodka, a good bowl of risotto, feminism, and the Mayhem Man from the Allstate commercials.

OH! OH! DEAN WINTERS! DEAN WINTERS IS MY OVER 50 CRUSH, GUYS! I have one!

Ahem... anyway, Hi! Welcome! Gina Gin tastes like dirty gym socks, but everything else about you is a-okay by me.

How do you feel about turtles?

ETF: Uh, Gin. Not Gina. I don't know what Gina tastes like. Who is Gina?
  • Eh. I don't think most of us ever introduced ourselves.

My H is beating me at Trivia Crack. This displeases me.

• We are watching the Football game. 

I'm in major pain from skiing yesterday. Barely can walk.  It's only 7:50pm here.  I forcing myself to wait until after 8 to go to bed.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Eh. I don't think most of us ever introduced ourselves. My H is beating me at Trivia Crack. This displeases me.
    Oh, thanks for reminding me. Must download this game that people keep talking about.
  • I sort of just jumped on board and realized that I never actually introduced myself to any of you!

Ahem... anyway, Hi! Welcome! Gina Gin tastes like dirty gym socks, but everything else about you is a-okay by me.

No hate for what you have to say about Gin, or Gina. I mean I've never tasted Gina so I'll take your word for it. But gin? I only started drinking that because I'm a hot mess and decided I would rather spill gin on my wedding dress than scotch....you know...stains and all.

And turtles?

• I sort of just jumped on board and realized that I never actually introduced myself to any of you!

DENIS DUFFY!!!!  Holy shit, he's over 50?  Dayum, the aging process was kind to him.

Ahem.  Anyways.  I am having a glass of whiskey before starting dinner.  Maybe I'll just let slothieguy make dinner.

What's your favorite reality show?
    Anniversary

• Eh. I don't think most of us ever introduced ourselves. My H is beating me at Trivia Crack. This displeases me.
    My best friend was just talking about this game yesterday. My ex was beating her -- that displeased me. Much sympathy.

lyndausvi said:
    We are watching the Football game. 

I'm in major pain from skiing yesterday. Barely can walk.  It's only 7:50pm here.  I forcing myself to wait until after 8 to go to bed.  

I wish I had gone to bed at 8. It's nearly 10 here and I have to be up at 4 or 5. Get some rest! Skiing is totally exhausting.

DENIS DUFFY!!!!  Holy shit, he's over 50?  Dayum, the aging process was kind to him.

Ahem.  Anyways.  I am having a glass of whiskey before starting dinner.  Maybe I'll just let slothieguy make dinner.

What's your favorite reality show?
    I can't believe he's over 50. For real.

Reality show? Hmmm I haven't watched a reality show in awhile, but I used to love The Bachelor(ette).

I've been totally hooked on Always Sunny, Gilmore Girls, and Parks and Rec lately.
  • blabla89 said:

He'll always be Detective Cassidy to me <3
    Yes! 4EVA
  • In other news, my dog is totally sleeping on my clothes in a vain attempt to keep me here and prevent me from packing my stuff.

How do you say no to that?!
  • I am old and in bed. 

Also, did not realize he's over 50. I would have given him like 35. I'm also terrible at guessing ages, though. 

Very nice to meet you Jen. I'm Aleesha. 
    I'm not too much of a drinker, but I do enjoy tequila. I tried scotch once on a spring break trip and I did not have a good reaction to it.
    I love the Mayhem Man, especially before he became the official Mayhem Man back when he was causing havoc on Oz!

It's Tuesday now, but all I'm doing tonight is cooking spaghetti and watching Netflix. 
  • maeday2 said:
    I am old and in bed. 

Also, did not realize he's over 50. I would have given him like 35. I'm also terrible at guessing ages, though. 
    I am too, but that's always good when you think people are younger, right?! And I love being in bed early...and I don't think I'm old!

parkera92 said:

Very nice to meet you Jen. I'm Aleesha. 
    I'm not too much of a drinker, but I do enjoy tequila. I tried scotch once on a spring break trip and I did not have a good reaction to it.
    I love the Mayhem Man, especially before he became the official Mayhem Man back when he was causing havoc on Oz!

It's Tuesday now, but all I'm doing tonight is cooking spaghetti and watching Netflix. 
    Hi Aleesha! Netflix and spaghetti are two of my favorite things! It's Gilmore Girls for me tonight because FI isn't here.
  • I didn't, but welcome!

Are you on the Bee too?  I'm pretty sure I've seen a similar SN over there.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:

I didn't, but welcome!

Yep, I am! Exactly the same SN. But it kind of feels like I have more in common with members over here!
  • Hi Aleesha! Netflix and spaghetti are two of my favorite things! It's Gilmore Girls for me tonight because FI isn't here.
    I've been switching between rewatching Army Wives, Supernatural, and Archer lately. And of course, various terrible reality tv shows.

• luckya23 said:

I didn't, but welcome!

Yep, I am! Exactly the same SN. But it kind of feels like I have more in common with members over here!

Beware the hive! They'll blow rainbows up your ass and convince you to break etiquette. Come, my darling. Stay with us :smiling_imp:

• @blabla89 So SVU has been on for what- 15 years? (must be because I saw a Hayden Panatierre episode where she was no more than 10 and now she's 25) I swear to God that I had never seen this show until about 2 months ago. And now I'm COMPLETELY hooked!!! I can find it on some channel almost daily and I'm trying to watch it as much as I can. I don't know how I lived my life without it for the last 15 years! God I'm so behind but I did see a few episodes with Cassidy and I never would have put 2 & 2 together that he is the Mayhem Man!

Anyways, welcome OP! What are you in school for? Do you have a date set? How many guests?

• jenna8984 said:

@blabla89 So SVU has been on for what- 15 years? (must be because I saw a Hayden Panatierre episode where she was no more than 10 and now she's 25) I swear to God that I had never seen this show until about 2 months ago. And now I'm COMPLETELY hooked!!! I can find it on some channel almost daily and I'm trying to watch it as much as I can. I don't know how I lived my life without it for the last 15 years! God I'm so behind but I did see a few episodes with Cassidy and I never would have put 2 & 2 together that he is the Mayhem Man!

Anyways, welcome OP! What are you in school for? Do you have a date set? How many guests?

Wait, what? 

@jenna8984 Prepare to lose your social life. SVU used to come on around noon and play like 3 or 4 episodes in a row. I could not tell you how many hours of my life I will never get back from my college years. My roommate and I would binge watch after class. Every single day. 
  • maeday2 said:
    jenna8984 said:

@blabla89 So SVU has been on for what- 15 years? (must be because I saw a Hayden Panatierre episode where she was no more than 10 and now she's 25) I swear to God that I had never seen this show until about 2 months ago. And now I'm COMPLETELY hooked!!! I can find it on some channel almost daily and I'm trying to watch it as much as I can. I don't know how I lived my life without it for the last 15 years! God I'm so behind but I did see a few episodes with Cassidy and I never would have put 2 & 2 together that he is the Mayhem Man!

Wait, what? 

@jenna8984 Prepare to lose your social life. SVU used to come on around noon and play like 3 or 4 episodes in a row. I could not tell you how many hours of my life I will never get back from my college years. My roommate and I would binge watch after class. Every single day. 

Ditto that. I also found out that Hulu has all the seasons, plus current episodes - Netflix only has through season 12. So I binged 4 episodes from season 13 last night. I will probably make it all the way through to current by the end of the long weekend.
  • @cupcait927 they took all the old ones off Netflix, and now have 13 and on. USA usually has the best weekend long marathons because a lot of them are based on themes instead of playing them in order.

• maeday2 said:
    jenna8984 said:

Wait, what? 

Ditto that. I also found out that Hulu has all the seasons, plus current episodes - Netflix only has through season 12. So I binged 4 episodes from season 13 last night. I will probably make it all the way through to current by the end of the long weekend.
    Yes! I would always catch re-runs in the past and then a few years ago I watched it from the beginning on Netflix....my favorite show!

• @lurkergirl really?! I'd much rather watch them on Netflix - no ads with Netflix. I can't watch them on TV any longer because I don't have cable :( I used to go entire weekends watching SUV before H and I bought our house and we have free cable.
  • @lurkergirl really?! I'd much rather watch them on Netflix - no ads with Netflix. I can't watch them on TV any longer because I don't have cable :( I used to go entire weekends watching SUV before H and I bought our house and we have free cable.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Yes they just did it I think at the start of the year. We ditched cable too, but when we had it I spent many a weekend binge watching the marathons!

• @cupcait927 they took all the old ones off Netflix, and now have 13 and on. USA usually has the best weekend long marathons because a lot of them are based on themes instead of playing them in order.
    YES! This bugs me because I just started watching, so when it's an older episode and Olivia is fucked up from having been held hostage and abused I'm like wait, what?! When did that happen?! And then like a week later they will play that episode and I'm like this makes so much more sense now! lol

• jenna8984 said:
    @cupcait927 they took all the old ones off Netflix, and now have 13 and on. USA usually has the best weekend long marathons because a lot of them are based on themes instead of playing them in order.
    YES! This bugs me because I just started watching, so when it's an older episode and Olivia is fucked up from having been held hostage and abused I'm like wait, what?! When did that happen?! And then like a week later they will play that episode and I'm like this makes so much more sense now! lol
    You have a LOT of catching up to do!

They have all the seasons on Amazon Instant Video, but pay-per-episode, not Prime. I'm hoping that they'll pick them up as a free offering now that Netflix has dropped them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards