Favors

Proce

How much does everyone consider to be a good price for a favor. One per person and one per couple please

Re: Proce

• Don't do "per couple" favors.
  • Definitely do one per person.
    *********************************************************************************

• Agree on one favor per person. A good price for a favor is whatever fits into your budget. I don't really think there is a standard. To give you an idea we spent $4.58 per favor, but I have seen people do very nice favors for less than a dollar.
  • My fiancé likes to brew beer so we are going to brew several different batches of beer and give them cute wedding names and labels to give to each guest. It's personal, price is determined by recipe ingredients (average $2-$4) per guest and each 21+ guest can enjoy it later.

• Hi, I bought glass coasters that came 2 in a box for $1.99 per box from Bed Bath and Beyond. I ordered enough sets and a few extra in case people took more than one box.  Buying per person might get expensive, a family of five should not be taking 5 favors.  I counted the number of families, then the single people and ordered accordingly.  Also, if you want to control how many guests take, keep the favors near your table or have someone monitor them as the guests leave.  
  • zitogail said:
    Hi, I bought glass coasters that came 2 in a box for $1.99 per box from Bed Bath and Beyond. I ordered enough sets and a few extra in case people took more than one box.  Buying per person might get expensive, a family of five should not be taking 5 favors.  I counted the number of families, then the single people and ordered accordingly.  Also, if you want to control how many guests take, keep the favors near your table or have someone monitor them as the guests leave.  
    So a family of 5 gets 1 favor/2 coasters?   What about everyone else in the family?  That doesn't seem very fair.

A good favor is one where everyone gets one and it's appropriate for everyone (ie a coaster set is not an appropriate favor for a 16 year old guest).   This is why is often mentioned that the best favors are edible.  I have no use for 2 glass coasters.  Aside from the fact that I already have a coaster set, I find glass coasters don't absorb the sweat of a glass and inevitably water ends up on my good wood tables.  Not happening.  

OP - Spend what you're comfortable spending.  We spent about $5/guest on really nice chocolates.
  • Hey, just making suggestions, people don't have to be nasty when replying, just glad JoanE was not part of my wedding.  

• zitogail said:
    Hey, just making suggestions, people don't have to be nasty when replying, just glad JoanE was not part of my wedding.  

I'm being honest (and blunt) so the OP can make an informed decision.  Most people won't tell you to your face that they don't want coasters.  DH and I certainly don't want 2 glass coasters.  Ask the children in that family of 4 if they'd rather share 2 coasters or if they would've preferred something edible.  It's not a rude response, it's simply truthful and how I feel.  I'm not going to sugarcoat it.  
  • I don't think people even care about favors, unless they're edible, so I wouldn't break the bank on something that people will likely just throw out or lose.  A lot of weddings I've been to recently didn't even have favors.
  • I agree, the trend has changed with no favors, but I chose to give something since it was a small guest list of 40 adults and all the kids at my wedding were under the age of 12 - they could have cared less about them, I had activity books and dollar store games for them to play with during the reception and they were happy to take those items home. If guests don't want the favors they just don't take it, edible or not. We're all just trying to help other people with ideas in this stressful time, not undermine the good intentions of others' opinions.
  • I also gave favors, but they were very inexpensive.  I think people would rather the money be used for tastier food!  Or maybe that's just me!
  • zitogail said:
    Hey, just making suggestions, people don't have to be nasty when replying, just glad JoanE was not part of my wedding.  

Huh? She wasn't even remotely rude to you. She wasn't even snippy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    zitogail said:
    I agree, the trend has changed with no favors, but I chose to give something since it was a small guest list of 40 adults and all the kids at my wedding were under the age of 12 - they could have cared less about them, I had activity books and dollar store games for them to play with during the reception and they were happy to take those items home. If guests don't want the favors they just don't take it, edible or not. We're all just trying to help other people with ideas in this stressful time, not undermine the good intentions of others' opinions.
    The point here is that if you're going to spend money you don't need to spend at all on giving a small favor to your guests, why give them something they may or may not want at all? You could just make a small pile of that money and set fire to it, if you're so inclined to waste it. 

Listen, the bolded is fucking absurd. We're planning parties, not sting operations. And disagreeing with your choice of favor isn't even remotely rude, so you need to take a step back and realize that the only person being rude in this thread was you, not @JoanE2012. I wouldn't take glass coasters either, because I already have enough shit sitting around my house collecting dust. 

• We're doing "cake in a jar," and it costs almost $5 per person.  Agreed, NO couple favors. 
  • Don't do couple favors and definitely don't stingily give out glass coasters (so much NOPE).

Edible is best. If it's not edible, avoid anything personalized with your names, picture, or wedding date. But food is probably most economical.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• We did favor bags of some local goodies, but our guest list was very small and this was something we wanted to splurge on. The bags contained chocolate covered hazelnuts, a small box of macarons, and a tin of shortbread cookies. Each person got their own bag. They were VERY well recieved (and I'm actually kind of bummed that we didn't think to make a bag for myself and DH.).
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    We did boxed gourmet cookies. The favors were $4.50/pp and the cost included custom boxing, packaging, adding on ribbons, etc. Please don't do per family/per couple favors like two glass coasters. Who really wants/needs that anyway? My preference, do something edible or don't do anythying at all. At least something edible isn't likely to be "wasted" or thrown out.

• Ours were simple, little organza bags full of candy with a stamped tag that said "thank you." Under $2 apiece, one set at every place.

Kids got cello bags with activity books, crayons/multicolored pens (depending on age), blinky rings, puzzle mazes, fruit snacks and cookies. Doubled as favor and appetizers in case they didn't like the cocktail hour food.

• Just jumping in for clarification:

Why no per couple/family favors? I can see why 2 glass coasters for a family isn't ideal, but as a general rule...? Just curious!
  • rcher912 said:

Just jumping in for clarification:

Why no per couple/family favors? I can see why 2 glass coasters for a family isn't ideal, but as a general rule...? Just curious!
    Both members of the couple are supporting you by being there, and if you're going to thank one person with a favor, you should thank everyone. It comes off as cheap to make people share.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards