Getting in Shape

Workout Music

I'm trying to stay motivated with my running, but I need hype-up music to help me! Does anyone have any songs they love to listen to when they run? I'm open to all kinds of music.

Thank you in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Music

• I don't run, but I'll happily contribute some of my recent loves for my workout playlist. I'm more of a hip hop/pop kind of girl.

GDFR- FloRida
    I'm Legit- Nicki Minaj
    Get Low- DJ Snake
    Flawless remix- Beyonce & Nicki Minaj
    Cinema (Skrillex remix)- Benny Benassi
    Scholarship- Juicy J
    Shell Shocked (from the TMNT soundtrack)- Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla Sign
    Rather Be- Clean Bandit
    Bend Ova- Lil Jon ft. Tyga
    Play Hard- David Guetta ft. Ne-Yo and Akon

Pandora has a Hip Hop/Pop Workout Station which has been a fun variety too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love anything by Fall Out Boy.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for your help! I will definitely look into these!

@ohmrs2014 - I really like Fall Out Boy too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2015
    The 80's Cardio station on Pandora is a blast! If you go into their genre selection, they actually have a workout genre. Dance Cardio, Pop Fitness, Latin Workout, Yoga, Spinning, etc! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My tastes are all over the place depending on my mood when I run, but I generally like running to Rudimental, Scooter, Diplo, Muse, Fall Out Boy, and Nero. Or I listen to Soundcloud or Spotify. 

My favorite song to put on when I really need a boost near the end of a run is "Hung Up" by Madonna.
  • @stevensonwedding2015 - I always switch to 80's Cardio when my usual isn't playing songs I enjoy. I really enjoy it!

@lolomilly - I will give all of those a try! I'm like you, I need a boost at the end of my run. I just don't usually have the energy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Popsugar has some great playlists on Instagram!
  • I like upbeat songs that make me feel good about myself as a woman and feel pumped so I'll listen to Latin/salsa, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Shakira, Pitbull, etc.  
  • Daft Punk is what I need when I'm slowing down on a run. I have "Around the World" set about half an hour in to my usual playlist and it's the perfect tempo for my slow-ass 10-min mile to push past three miles, haha.

I also love mashup DJs like Girl Talk for running - his "All Day" album is one I can pretty much run straight through. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • On Pandora I like Pitbull's and Flo Rida's stations 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards