Chit Chat
Options

Grown up Stuff

So on top of being a master procrastinator, I am having a hard time playing grown up today. I need to pay bills, continue the gloomy house and job hunt, and make a gyno appointment. Blah. 

What grown up stuff do you hate? 

Re: Grown up Stuff

• Options
    Ugh. I paid my bills yesterday. No fun.

The grown up thing I hate the most is cleaning. I hated it when I was a kid too, but I also hate it now. I like having a clean house, but I hate cleaning and I can't afford a maid. I like when we have company because it forces me to clean.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Grown up thing I hate - cooking. I hate cooking and grocery shopping - pretty much anything involving food if it means I have to deal with it. My dinner last night - pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich because I was simply too lazy to make anything else and H wasn't home. My MIL got us a Betty Crocker cookbook for Christmas and I get fleeting moments where I want to try and start cooking and make all these fun recipes - yeah, not going to happen.
  • Options
    @maeday2 it was pretty fantastic. Dipped it in the Dinosaur BBQ sauce we had in the fridge. That being said, I've eaten that the past two night so tonight I should probably make something slightly healthier!
  • Options
    I love cooking and grocery shopping. I hate cleaning up after dinner. I don't mind cleaning as I cook but once I'm done eating, I'm done with the kitchen for the night.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    cleaning and bills. bills kill me because of my income. cleaning i hate doing because i can never find places for things and i am kind of a hoarder. (shame on me)
  • Options
    I like cooking and don't mind cleaning as long as I don't feel too rushed by it, but I do rather detest doing dishes. We have two young boys who eat like krakens and there is just this constant trickle and pileup of dishes. We do have a dishwasher but a) it's a wall dishwasher (who does that?) which is so not helpful as it's not near the sink and there's no countertop anywhere near it so its just like... you basically have to bring over one dish at a time from the island to this wall thingy with nowhere to rinse them and nowhere to set them down or stack them up; 2) it's slightly broken in two different ways (still works well but you have to fuss with it; and d) a dishwasher doesn't really meet the needs of the trickle problem very well. We would just quickly run out of the kids' plastic dishes if we started loading them in the dishwasher instead of hand-washing them.

I'm just really, really tired of dishes.
  • Options
    Cleaning and laundry. Thank God Fi is boarderline OCD with cleanliness.

imageimage

• Options
    Laundry is the worst.  All of it, not just the folding and stuff, but also having to make sure you don't leave clothes in the washer.. and washing sheets...... the absolute worst!
  • Options
    Oh, fuck. How did I forget putting away laundry?! The literal worst.
  • Options
    Anyone who hates laundry - give it all to me! I seriously love doing laundry. I used to be okay with dishes but now we live in a house with no dishwasher and I loathe the task of washing dishes.
  • Options
    KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    ^ Hehehe. It's from somewhere - I was thinking Mad About You, but Google tells me Home Alone! I've been doing it for years, and actually, it drives my husband insane.
  • Options
    I don't really mind paying bills, cleaning, cooking, etc. But what I DO hate is spending days off doing these things!! If I clean a little bit on a weeknight, no big deal. If I pay some bills from work, no big deal. But when I have to spend a Saturday cleaning, then going to the bank, then sitting at the mechanics, then shopping for baby shower gifts that's the fucking worst!!!!! DH works on Saturdays while I do all these things so he just has Sunday off and literally gets to do nothing.

• Options
    Getting out of bed on time. I have a 9:00 meeting at work. Work is 45 minutes away. I got out of bed at 8:04.
    I told FI this morning I am waiting to get fired for looking a hot mess. I was working with the same time frame this morning. Bring on day 2 of hair on top of my head. 
  • Options
    I'll just continue eating lettuce and canned corn instead of going to the grocery store
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I love cooking and grocery shopping. I hate cleaning up after dinner. I don't mind cleaning as I cook but once I'm done eating, I'm done with the kitchen for the night.
    I'm the same way. I want to plop my full-bellied self down on the couch and relax. Thankfully H is a bit neurotic about getting the dishes done right away, so he always takes care of them. 

Anyone who hates laundry - give it all to me! I seriously love doing laundry. I used to be okay with dishes but now we live in a house with no dishwasher and I loathe the task of washing dishes.
    COME TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE. I have 3 baskets that have been sitting clean in the basement waiting to be put away since... 2014. And another 2-3 baskets worth piled on the guest bed. Bring your dishes; my H will wash them!

• Options
    @lolo883 I'll be there soon! I will do ALL the laundry and put it all away! I get so much satisfaction at seeing all of the dirty laundry clean and put away. Oh and I clean bathrooms too - love it.
  • Options
    Getting out of bed on time, cleaning in general, motivation, self control when eating sweet stuff,

I also need to schedule a gyno appointment. and a hair cut/color. but it's so much woorrrkkkk.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Getting out of he's does not work for me at all. I honestly don't remember how I made it to work before I lived with FI who makes sure he has coffee in hand before trying to drag me out of bed.

I don't mind cleaning, but only if its a big I want this place spotless deep clean. Picking up the constant stream of clutter that FSS leaves in his wake drives me insane. I'm also currently on a strike from dishes. If I'm spending every night in the kitchen cooking and usually have to wash half the things I need to cook with before I can start there's no way in hell I'm touching anything after dinner.
  • Options
    Ugh. I paid my bills yesterday. No fun.

The grown up thing I hate the most is cleaning. I hated it when I was a kid too, but I also hate it now. I like having a clean house, but I hate cleaning and I can't afford a maid. I like when we have company because it forces me to clean.
    Ditto this

Anniversary
  • Options
    Definitely getting up in the morning. Have to leave the house at 7:50 for work at 8:00. I'm usually crawling out of bed around 730 and then running around the house like a mad woman trying to make myself somewhat presentable and throw together a lunch. I've become a master at 2 minute buns and tinted moisturizer and a swipe of mascara.

I actually enjoy grocery shopping. FI and I always go together. When we were long distance I used to dread grocery shopping because we would always do a huge grocery trip for him on his last day of visiting because he lived in a remote northern location where everthing was insanely expensive, if you could get it at all. So to me, grocery shopping signaled the end of the visit and the beginning of another 3 weeks/month without him. I was usually sniffling the entire time. ahha.

But now its so much fun because we have taken to cooking together. So its nice to to the prep together too. And for some reason our grocery store seems to always play the best 90's songs ever on the intercom so we end up dancing down the aisles and singing to each other. Yes. We are those people.
  • Options
    Getting out of bed and getting to work on time is the hardest. To be to work on time, I need to leave by 7:45. I usually get out of bed at 7:15. I somehow convince myself that I can shower, brush my teeth, make breakfast, and get dressed all within in 30 minutes. It rarely happens.
  • Options
    My alarm is set for 5:40 a.m. to be at work for 8. I'm even rushed on that schedule. I don't know how y'all get ready for the day so fast! 

• Options
    I'm exactly the same way. 

I also hate putting laundry away. That's why there is a bra pile and a jeans pile and a sweater pile on my bedroom floor. All clean. But unless those assholes are gonna jump into the correct drawers themselves, they will stay right there on the floor. 

Hate going to the dentist. Hate it. I'm over-due for a cleaning and I keep saying I'm going to make the appointment but let's be honest. I'm not making that appointment. 
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same way. 

I also hate putting laundry away. That's why there is a bra pile and a jeans pile and a sweater pile on my bedroom floor. All clean. But unless those assholes are gonna jump into the correct drawers themselves, they will stay right there on the floor. 

Hate going to the dentist. Hate it. I'm over-due for a cleaning and I keep saying I'm going to make the appointment but let's be honest. I'm not making that appointment. 
    I'm the worst with putting laundry away! I've gotten better lately only because we recently added a new stray to our family and either she or our male resident started spraying in the house. After a pile of H's clothes got soaked in urine, I suddenly got really good about picking up my crap.
  • Options
    I like most "adult" things. H and I grocery shop together and I like to cook. I even kind of like cleaning and I LOVE that "our house is spotless now I can lay around and do nothing" feeling. Since we finally got ourselves out of debt (YAYYYYYY US 100% DEBT FREEEEEEEE), I actually enjoy paying bills so I can sock away the rest.

I made an appointment with a financial planner and that really made me feel like an adult. At 27 I still have "wow I'm almost like a real adult!" moments. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Making appointments and going to them. Hate going to the doctor. Hate talking on the phone.

I don't mind any housework tasks. Cooking, cleaning, etc. I just don't like talking to pay roll, filing taxes, figuring out retirement, paying bills.

Luckily H handles most of our finances. But he can't make me go to the dentist...
    Anniversary

• Options
    I like most "adult" things. H and I grocery shop together and I like to cook. I even kind of like cleaning and I LOVE that "our house is spotless now I can lay around and do nothing" feeling. Since we finally got ourselves out of debt (YAYYYYYY US 100% DEBT FREEEEEEEE), I actually enjoy paying bills so I can sock away the rest.

I made an appointment with a financial planner and that really made me feel like an adult. At 27 I still have "wow I'm almost like a real adult!" moments. 
    Ditto this. I'm 28 and there are seriously moments where I do something responsible and then look at FI and say, "Holy shit, look at me! I'm like a real adult!" 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards