Registry and Gift Forum

Disney Honeymoon Registry: Yay or Nay?

Does anyone have experience with the Disney Honeymoon registry? How does it really work and is it worth it to set up? Thanks!

Re: Disney Honeymoon Registry: Yay or Nay?

• Honeymoon registries are very tacky. You end up paying a percentage or service fee on money that you would otherwise get for free. People will buy you 'experiences' but you end up just getting a cheque (or disney gift card) minus the fees. Everyone knows money is a good wedding gift. Just don't register and you will receive cash. If you are asked where you are registered, you can say "We didn't register anywhere but we are saving up for a honeymoon". 
  • Ah, good idea @LondonLisa. Thanks!
  • I made a honeymoon registry at Honeyfund and selected for my guests to only give me cash or checks (no credit cards so no fees are taken out). They get to print out the little gift certificates saying what they are funding (food, airfare, etc.) if they want to to give with the money but again, no fees taken out. It's my way of encouraging monetary gifts without having to say "we want money" to each guest. ;)
  • I made a honeymoon registry at Honeyfund and selected for my guests to only give me cash or checks (no credit cards so no fees are taken out). They get to print out the little gift certificates saying what they are funding (food, airfare, etc.) if they want to to give with the money but again, no fees taken out. It's my way of encouraging monetary gifts without having to say "we want money" to each guest. ;)

Believe me, it's still saying "we want money."

The only people who like giving gifts through honeymoon registries don't know how they work. They think they're actually giving you that dinner on the beach, and don't realize that you're just getting their payment minus the site fees. Which means it can be deceitful on top of being cash-grabby and making poor financial sense

Sorry but this screams "WE WANT MONEY."

People are not stupid so don't treat them like they are.  They know money is an awesome gift.  They don't need some ridiculous HM website to tell them that you could benefit from some cash.

• Begging for money for a holiday through a honeyfund website is tacky, rude, crass and shameless. The only time it is ever appropriate to use a website to ask for monetary donations towards a trip is for sending children with terminal diseases to disneyworld. You know, ACTUAL charity. You are not a charity case so please don't solicit for "donations". OP, please don't use honeyfund- it is the vulgar online equivalent of this:

As another knottie has pointed out in the past, a honeymoon is just a vacation that a couple takes at a specific time, usually right after the wedding. You wouldn't ask (or strongly suggest to) your friends and family that they help fund any other vacation you might take. So why do people think it's okay to do this with a honeymoon? Adults should be able to budget and plan so that they can afford their own honeymoon, without having to raise the funds to 'enhance' the experience.

Asking for money in any way, whether it be a honeymoon registry, a down payment fund, or registering for gift cards is downright rude.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards