Not Engaged Yet

Thirsty Thursday

2»

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• First I'll just respond to everyone.......

@Hummingbird125 - I have been dreaming about a massage for months. This needs to happen.

@cu97tiger - I get the 3 day weekend too! So freakin excited! And I'm happy you get to see your friends and their daughter. 14 months is such a great age.

@CocoBellaF - When I decided to stop being vegetarian I was afraid that I wasn't going to like bacon anymore....... But I still loved it..... So it doesn't tie in with your Whole30 story quite that much, but I just wanted to mention it because I LOVE BACON.

@southernpeach89 - I got on my own cell phone plan last year. It sucks. Way more expensive than a family plan, but I wanted to become independent and all that BS. Sooooo laaaaame.

@Marylab - Have you found any restaurants you've liked so far?

@lmcooper86 - Things just keep getting more expensive as you grow up, don't they? It's infuriating! Haha

@Swazzle - YAY FOR CLOSING DAY!

@LaPeanut1018 - HOORAY FOR NEW SEPTIC!

@futuremrshistorian - I get migraines and I'm on BC. Is that a thing? OMG, IS THAT A THING? Cuz my migraines freakin suck, but I've never necessarily had any side effects from my pill, that I've noticed.

@speakeasy14 - If I was the girlfriend sleeping on the floor, I'd be pretty pissed. Haha

• @Swazzle - All the good vibes for a smooth closing!

@GoldenPenguin - Those are pretty, definitely has a water feel without screaming "beach wedding"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @alpacina Omg those pictures came out really good!! And I know, when he said she was sleeping on the floor I told them to drive faster.

@goldenpenguin I love that invitation!
  • GoldenPenguin It's very nice.I love the watercolor effect,and pastel colors.

@AlPacina I ended up with more luck finding a dress!
    I have to talk about it with my mum,since she knows places
    with the cuisine my family likes.I found on fb the place that my dad had
    his birthday last year and I was at a wedding there too,but I don't know..
    It's formal and has live music,but I'm not that of a fan..And I saw their menus
    and my jaw dropped.Nothing special and it's pricey.It was so much easier doing it
    at home..we spent around 350$ and fed 70 people,along with soft and hard drinks.
    Now with a 19$ menu with wine,I have to ask how many people we're inviting.
    And I have a big family..and my parents a lot of friends.That means that I have to
    have strong RSVPs..which I don't see happening :(
    I'm not in the mood of paying for people who won't show.

• @AlPacina You and your pup are so adorable! Love!

• @alpacina, great photos!

@goldenpenguin, lovely invitations!
  • @AlPacina What a cute pup!And girl you look so young!
    Beautiful pictures.

@Justbeingme93 Awkward?Better say the opposite!
    We had fun going together,I wanted something very very simple,
    not pricey and unique.The first 3-4 shops we went to,showed us
    big rocks and presented it like it was the only engagement ring option.
    Maybe if we didn't go together he would end up with a proposed option,
    not with something I would want though.And we did find a lovely shop that
    the owner made his own pieces.We saw two cases with totally different rings,
    unique,small and beautiful.It was what I wanted,but I did pick two-three and then
    went out and he chose the one he liked,so it was kind of a surprise after all.

• Thanks, everyone! I love them so much :) I think they're just perfect for a waterside art gallery.

@alpacina - you & your dog are ADORABLE!! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin - Those invites are awesome!  They do say "water" but not "beach"...which is hard to do.

@marylab - I'm going from Protestant (Presbyterian) to Roman Catholic.

@AlPacina - Everything I've read suggests that if you have a history of migraine (especially with aura), you need to be careful what kind of BC you take, because it can up your risk for stroke.  I started getting them when I was on BC (Yaz) years ago, so I stopped taking BC.  I need to go back on it, because Mr. H and I are bad Catholics and want to control when we procreate without using NFP, but I don't want to take something that is going to up my stroke risk!

@justbeingme93 - I have a friend who has a stunning 1.5 ct round solitaire.  She let me try it on once...um, the sparkles, they rock.  I didn't find putting it on my left hand awkward at all.  ;-)

Thanks for all the BC feedback, everybody.  I'll talk to the nurse practitioner tomorrow.  I've just got to find something that's safe and doesn't break the bank (my insurance requires a $50 name-brand drug copay, which I just can't do.)

Also, I have to get new tires.  Booooooooo.  :-(
  • marylabmarylab member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @Futuremrshistorian I had to google the difference.But it looks like a big change,
    how are you feeling?And it might sound stupid,will you be baptized again or for the first time?
    Sorry if it's too intimate,to answer.

Fi returns home soon,I hope we do change the shirt.
    It's been bugging me that because he tried it on,they will not.
    It had 10 pins,and a ton of card/plastic pieces in order to the
    shirt to be folded and we had to take them off of course.I don't know
    how to put it back with all that stuff,so I'll take them with the shirt.
    I know it's stupid but how could he know it fits him if he didn't try it on?
    But it was expensive and who knows in what mood the salesperson will be..

• @Marylab - It is a big change...a very big change.  I feel really good about it.  And no, I don't have to be baptized again.  I'll be confirmed, but the Catholic church acknowledges one baptism.
  • @futuremrshistorian I wish you good luck :)
    Faith is a complicated matter,but everyone should
    be believing in what he feels comfortable and right,
    and be in a matching environment too.
    oh,I didn't know that!

• futuremrshistorian does your insurance cover generic?  I had my dr put generic only on the prescription because I don't have to pay for generic with my insurance.  
  • @speakeasy14 - I only have a $20 copay for generic, so it's better.  That's what I'm hoping for.  I was on Lo-Loestrin for a little while, and they didn't have a generic version at the time.
  • @cocobellaf Would you recommend PiYo? I'm considering starting it before heading back to my normal routine at the gym... I want to get my body used to working out again without overwhelming it at the gym, and PiYo looks like a good program for that.

@GoldenPenguin I LOVE THOSE INVITATIONS! They are gorgeous!

@speakeasy14 You should totally make a sign!

@Hummingbird125 That ring is gorgeous! 

@cu97tiger I really hope Fritz feels better soon :( Poor guy!

@futuremrshistorian Aw, I'm sorry that you get frequent migraines. I don't have that issue, but I've been on a few different BCs. Nuvaring is my favorite, and I've been on it for about 7 years now. I don't think it's necessarily low estrogen though... I took Ortho Lo for a while and liked it. I really hope they're able to get you on something that helps. Also, crossing my fingers you get a normal pap!

@southernpeach89 AT&T has really great family plan rates. We switched from Verizon about 6 months ago, and our monthly rate went down by about $50 each. I bet your MIL gets even better rates than that. 

@lmcooper86 Being an adult is no fun sometimes :( Glad you guys have a plan in place!

@AlPacina OMG your poor BF! 

@justbeingme93 Aw, what an exciting week you're having! When FI and I were ring shopping, a few friends had me try on their rings too. It's totally dorky and a little BSC, but it's so much fun too. I think it's totally normal to feel like a little kid when ring shopping. Let us know what designs you end up loving. :)

@Swazzle SENDING ALL THE AWESOME HOUSE CLOSING VIBES YOUR WAY! (yes, that sentence warranted all caps)

@peaseblossom55 Break a leg this weekend!

--------------------

I too have Monday off and am looking forward to the 3-day weekend. This year my company added MLK Day and President's Day to our list of paid holidays, and I'm really looking forward to the extra day to lounge around the house. FI is going to take the day off too, so it will be nice to cuddle on the couch and watch Netflix. I also REALLY need to make some serious progress on the Slytherin scarf I'm knitting for FI. I was hoping to have it finished for his birthday, but that didn't happen. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it... eek!

We don't have many plans for the weekend. Tomorrow we're going to see The Imitation Game with some friends, and I need to get my car serviced at some point this weekend, but other than that, no plans. My parents and my siblings are skiing this weekend in Colorado, and I'm infinitely jealous. FI and I couldn't swing the trip since all extra money this year is going towards the wedding... hopefully we can join them next time. 

I brought my lunch, but a coworker mentioned going to lunch today... and now I'm craving Turkish food. I think I'll have to eat my sammich and pretend it's saksuka and gyro meat... *drools*

• @futuremrshistorian - I have a friend that takes the mini pill and she loves it!  she does have migraines but I'm not sure if that's the reason she switched to the mini pill.
  • @eilis1228 - I LOOOOOOOOOVE PiYo so hard.  I can't say enough good things about it.
  • @Goldenpenguin I love the invites so much!!!

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 All the love its for the Slytherin scraf!
    I run into a buzzfeed Harry Potter post and it was ALL THE FEELS.
    I need to get Fi to watch the rest of the movies.

• Hi everyone! 

@cu97tiger I hope Fritz feels better soon! 

@AlPacina aww you are your pup are adorable! So sorry for your BF though! At least it doesn't sound too serious. 

@swazzle ALL THE HOUSE VIBES!!!!!!!!!

@GoldenPenguin those invites are beautiful! I also hope that you get to go skiing soon!

@Hummingbird125 that is a beautiful ring! 

@futuremrshistorian I am sorry that you get migraines. They are never fun. 

@justbeingme93 that's awesome about ring shopping this weekend! I was definitely nervous and giddy before we went too. I hope you have a great time! 

Not much going on here today. My lab equipment for both projects that I was working on broke last night, so I really only have a few emails to send and that's it as far as work goes. Had the equipment worked properly, I would have had a lot of work to do today. FI and I rushed out the door this morning to get to a meeting (the only one we have together, and we don't interact with each other much in it fortunately), and I had the feeling that I was forgetting something. We got to work and I realized what it was: my engagement ring! I guess I am not exactly used to wearing it yet. I am going to go home on my lunch hour and grab it, because my finger feels naked. 

We don't have many weekend plans as far as I know. FI wants to get his motorcycle serviced this weekend, and we will probably just drop it off and then do something else. We are also video conferencing with the DJ that I think we will go with (they did previous parties that I have been to and are awesome to work with so far). Other than that, we have no plans. We just found out one of our good friends from college was moved out here to California for a few months, but he is a few hours north of where we live. Maybe we will go visit him in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we do not have Monday off, but we do get President's Day off in February, so I can hold out until then. 

• Woohoo! Just filed my tax return, and my refund is enough to pay off credit card bill. Now I can put that money towards wedding savings and student loans each month. I paid about $4k in interest on my loans last year, which is entirely too much... definitely need to redo my budget to pay more than the minimum each month. :-\

@marylab We're huge HP fans! I'm bummed that FI is a Slytherin though... but to each his own, I suppose. 

@CocoBellaF Awesome! I'll probably take the plunge and order the kit tonight or tomorrow. I did Blogilates last year around this time to get back into gym shape after I finished all my crazy antibiotics for my crazy sinus infection, and it helped a lot. I think PiYo will be more structured and effective though, which is ideal.

• @eilis1228 that's awesome about getting your refund! Are you feeling any better today? 

• @eilis1228, you're way more organized than we are. We don't even have all our paperwork yet to do our taxes.
  • @AuroraRose41 Much better, thank you! My arms are back to normal.

@KeptInStitches I'm always anxious each year to get my refund, so I file as early as possible. Plus I only have to worry about a W-2 and the 1098-E for my loans, so filing is a quick process. My company gave us our W-2 yesterday, and the student loan form was available today. FI is still waiting on all of his info too, so I think my company is the exception instead of the norm. 

• I finally made it to work today! YAY. And then I left, like, three hours later because I had to take birdo to the vet.

Unfortunately, his testicles look a little bit bigger than last time, which isn't good. But the enlargement is VERY slight, and that was over the course of 7 weeks. And we have no idea how bad the situation was before he started the hormone treatment two and a half months ago, and we have no idea how bad the situation would be now if we hadn't done the treatment.

So he got another dose of hormone today and we'll check him again in a few weeks. He's napping now.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira glad you're feeling better, and hopefully Birdo starts feeling better soon!
  • @eilis1228 I might have changed my mind about Slytherin after Snape's reveal.
    I kinda liked him from the beginning,like something was hidden deeper inside him.
    But I'm a Gryffindor myself!This year if I make myself a cake,it will be HP themed!

And...success!We found the blue shirt a size bigger,and a green one!!
    It's not the perfect shade of green I would like,but it's also tricky to find one,
    and Fi and me wouldn't like something shiny like a green fly's butt :p
    So this emerald/slim cut one was perfect!And last size,and free!
    I like checking things off my list :)

• @eilis1228 glad to hear that! 

@phira I hope Birdo is okay! 

Today went from being easy to being stressful. I still have a light work load, but my manager canceled our one on one meeting without telling me, and I rushed through lunch to get there in time. 

Then my desk phone came up with an error message and didn't have a dial tone, so I submitted a ticket online to our IT department. I get an email back from IT asking me to call them. HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO CALL YOU WHEN MY PHONE DOESN'T WORK??????? It doesn't help that I don't get cell service in my building, but come on, really? There are coworkers of mine who don't own cell phones still too. 

Lastly, I emailed out a status report, saying that we have some issues in the current project, but the plan is to check to see if they are easily fixable or not tonight. The director of the project emailed me back jumping to conclusions that they are not easily fixable and that we need to use expensive techniques to fix them only. I literally had to send an email back that said "Not before we check to see if it is this quick fix." I don't think she actually read my first email, because all of her questions were answered in the first email I sent. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards