Chit Chat
Options

Let me hear your wedding nightmares/dreams!

As the wedding gets closer, I keep having more and more wedding nightmares. Last night's dream was my Mom had changed the venue of our wedding to a church and I freaked out. (I'm not adverse to getting married in a church in real life, but I don't attend a church currently.) And then my wedding dress got left at home. So my stepdad had to go and get it and he got stuck in traffic and I ended up wearing a shoulder wedding dress. It had shoulder pads :(

Other nightmares include:
- Wearing shoes that are stripper appropriate (No way in HELL could I ever wear these and am quite envious of those that can.)
- The reception was decorated in all the wrong colors and in rival college football team colors.
- My hair fell out a week before the wedding and I couldn't find a wig that I liked so I ended up wearing something victorian-like.
- My Dad forgot about my wedding and didn't show up. 

Ugh. So let's hear some of yours.

Re: Let me hear your wedding nightmares/dreams!

• Options
    I had one last night, too. 

It was basically all the things I have yet to do, didn't get done by the wedding day. 

* I had no makeup on and my hair was a mess. There was no time to do it. 
    * My dress was never altered, so the chest area was gaping open. In my dream my mom offered to pin it. 
    * No one on my FI's side showed up. 

I woke up to my dog doing his weird tribal call howl. That's the only reason I remember any of this.
  • Options
    I really only had like one or two. Both dreams were that it was the wedding day and we weren't ready - my dad didn't have his tux. My dress wasn't finished. I couldn't find my shoes. 
  • Options
    I had a couple but only one that I can remember. It was our wedding day and I realized we had never sent invitations. So I was scrambling around trying to call everyone and let them know where the ceremony and reception were. I was so scared that no one was going to show upon such short notice.
  • Options
    I had a couple but only one that I can remember. It was our wedding day and I realized we had never sent invitations. So I was scrambling around trying to call everyone and let them know where the ceremony and reception were. I was so scared that no one was going to show upon such short notice.
    Yes. I've had this one. In my dream it was totally logical to just call everyone the day of the wedding and be like, "It's cool. Ya'll just come next weekend instead. We'll do this thing then."

Right. 

I realize to solve a lot of my worries, I need to get more stuff done. 
  • Options
    @maeday2 that was what worked for me. I procrastinated and dragged my feet so much during the planning process because I absolutely hated it. But once I finally got my butt in gear and got stuff done, the stress went away.
  • Options

I had the most BIZARRE wedding dream last week - we went down for the cocktail hour, and the only decorations the florist arranged were dried up gourds in mesh.  And then he told me that he *knew* I would love it because it had recently been used for a jeans ad (???)

The weirdest part - the only reason I thought it was weird in my dream was because my wedding is in the spring and not the fall. As if gourds in mesh are the perfect flower alternative for fall weddings.

• Options
    I only had one before the wedding. The parts I remember are that I didn't have time to put on makeup before the ceremony, we forgot to put on my veil, and the shredded cheese for the salad at the reception was all clumpy and I had to go break it up by hand while people were standing in line watching me do it.

I had 2 AFTER I was married. In one, my mom made me and DH have a PPD at a more posh venue and kept saying how much nicer it was than the first one and asking me if I was happy. I just kept yelling at people I liked my real wedding and I didn't want to do it again, but no one listened.

In another, DH said I deserved better than him right before the ceremony and I married Enrique Iglesias instead. Enrique sang a song to me using the tune of his song Hero. After the ceremony, I found DH who had watched the whole thing and begged him to marry me instead because I didn't want Enrique. This all took place in some kind of castle.
  • Options
    maeday2maeday2 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    littlemushroom said: In another, DH said I deserved better than him right before the ceremony and I married Enrique Iglesias instead. Enrique sang a song to me using the tune of his song Hero. After the ceremony, I found DH who had watched the whole thing and begged him to marry me instead because I didn't want Enrique. This all took place in some kind of castle.

The hell kinda little mushrooms 
    are you on? 

• Options
    @maeday2‌ Haha, I wish I knew because I am sure I could make bank selling them. I hadn't thought about Enrique Iglesias since that song Hero was popular on the radio. My mind is a strange place for sure.
  • Options
    I've had three so far (that I can remember anyways) and they are always so far out there that I know it's just my mind messing with me.

-post-apocalyptic world so hardly anyone there, getting ready for the wedding, my dad was nowhere to be found and FI was out on some scavenger mission and not back yet but everyone was just going you HAVE to do this now.  I just stood there going there is no groom and my dad isn't here to walk me down the aisle.  The general response was "walk alone and FI can just sign the license when he gets back" so I had to do a bride only wedding WTF.

-day of wedding everything was super late and my hair/make-up artist didn't show-up.  Last minute going to the ceremony my hair and makeup is a mess and my dress is wrong.  The venue changed (to the legion hall of my hometown 2 hrs away) there were tonnes of uninvited people who just showed up and there were no chairs whatsoever so everyone was just standing around and there was no room for an aisle.  I had to push my way through for the people for the processional all while the stupid song what does the fox say played.

-I was at some camp out of town and only accessible by snowmachine in the middle of the winter.  Basically my mom showed up at noon and was like "ummm your wedding is at 3 we gotta go!" Needless to say it was a crazy time trying to even get to the right city.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just woke up from a very strange one. I work customer service fora company that sells vitamins and a customer called telling me he was suing me personally for giving him the product code of a vitamin that when mixed with his meds resulted in him having his arm amputated.

Dream me is clearly a jackass since I started hyperventilating over not being able to afford the wedding if he sued me. Went to court in my wedding dress to get sympathy, it worked the judge said he would have made me pay 150k if I was married but single me only paid 50 bucks.
  • Options
    I'm 4 months out from the wedding and I've had two very similar dreams within the last month or so. In both of them, I realized the day of the wedding that I never booked a makeup artist. The first time I dreamt this, I was about to head to the ceremony. The second time around I realized it in the morning, I had time to at least try to call some people about it. Except my fiancé kept coming to me with all these problems and I was like, "babe, this is all gonna have to wait because we can't get married if I don't get my makeup done"

So yesterday I booked my hairstylist/makeup artist and hopefully I won't dream about it anymore.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I feel like I wrote this out already somewhere but whatever.

I dreamed I got married at a gas station and had a bunch of people there. Then my card got declined while trying to buy $75 earrings at the register next to the candy.

Then I remembered that I was supposed to get married in like a month.

It was fucking weird.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    The worst one I've had was that I put on my wedding dress, my mom decided it didn't look good on me, and she made me get married in the biggest, baggiest, ugliest blue sweater and jeans. And our piano player had been replaced by two seven-year-old girls who didn't play any of the songs I wanted, even simplified versions. And our chapel wasn't available, so I don't even know what space we were getting married in. The plated meals had been replaced by a buffet which didn't have any of the food we wanted on it. I think dream-me collapsed in full-on temper tantrum.
  • Options
    I had one where my hairdresser was too busy visiting with guests to do my hair. For some reason or another we decided to do my hair in the getting ready room at the venue instead of my hotel room (which is where its happen in real life) and she kept running into people she knows and would yak and yak and yak. until it was like 2 minutes until walking down the aisle and i was like eff this noise, I'm not being a late bride. Threw my hair into a ponytail and marched down the aisle.

In all fairness, my hairdresser is my cousins best friend and has been doing my families hair for about 10 years so she will know a lot of people there. And she is invited to the actual wedding too. So really technically it could happen... haha.

• Options
    Omg I had 2 this week. TWO!! 

So the recent one was just last night. I needed to get my hair done, and the hairdresser said I should also dye it, so I was like sure. She said it would be a while and that I should pick out a color while I waited. All of a sudden it was my wedding day, and I realized that I forgot to hire a MUA. Then I realize that I didn't even have makeup, so I went out to get makeup. As I was going on a makeup search, I realized that my hair appointment was taking really long. Then I realized that my shoes never came in, so I needed to get wedding shoes! At this point it is one hour until the wedding and I have no hair done, no makeup done, and I still had to buy shoes.

I also had one 2 nights ago, but I can't really remember it now. I think it had something to do with not being ready, I think we forgot to get the decor or something. I know myself, I am going to have a ton of them till the wedding.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Funny that almost all of us are having hair and makeup fears. 

I know mine is because I haven't booked it yet. Think I'll get on that today. 
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    These are so funny, even though when you wake up, they're most definitely NOT funny.

I remember having two vivid dreams, both about being horrifically late and missing my own wedding. As a person who is freakishly punctual and I can't be late even when I try, of course had dreams about being late. 
    Why aren't the flowers done? Why isn't my hair done? Why are we three hours behind schedule? What the hell is going on???

Ugh, stress!
    Edit: spelling

• Options
    I had a few before the wedding.

Now I've started having nightmares that H has left me for an Emilia Clarke lookalike. When I told him that, he said, "But she doesn't have any boobs!" Good to know he loves my tatas?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I have a repeat nightmare of FI seeing me in my dress before the wedding day. Like I'm trying it on at home and he walks in. Apparently that's the big fear I have. But the dress isn't even at our house! And I wouldn't put it on just to walk around the house anyways. So weird.

I also had one where our photographer didn't show up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also for the longest time FI was actually 'on call' the day of our wedding. With his company they book vacation for the next year in November. We obviously didn't want to wait until November to book our September wedding venue as it's in a small town that Saturdays fill up fast. So we talked to his company and they said they would ensure that he would get the date off, so we booked the venue.

How the vacation bidding works is that It goes in order of seniority. And only 2 Pilots that fly the same size plane can be off at the same time. My FI is #10 out of 12 on the seniority list as he's only been with the company a little over a year. So by the time they get to his name, theres a very good chance the time he wants for wedding/honeymoon will already be taken by other pilots.

So even though the company had assured us that no matter what he would at least have that weekend off, up until the day that the vacation bid happened and his name was written as "OFF" on the schedule, I was having constant nightmares that his phone would ring in the middle of the ceremony and he would have to go flying. Or he would get a call the night before for an all weekend flight, etc etc etc.
  • Options
    I've started getting them too. Usually it's me waking up and finding out that the wedding date had been moved to that day and no one bothering to tell me so nothing's finished yet and all of the guests, of course, notice the lack of centerpieces and decorations, the unfinished vows, etc.

Others include the florist never delivering the flowers, the photographer only taking pictures of her feet instead of the wedding, the wedding dress either getting ripped and stained or forgotten day of, and the MUA making me looking like a clown.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    After we selected our venue and caterer, I had my first real doozy.

We were at the wedding, except the reception came first. I wasn't at a sweetheart or head table, but just a regular round table. Matthew Mcconaughey was at my table. He hated everything, but most of all the food. Eventually I stood up to go get dressed for the ceremony.

The getting ready room was a silver trailer at the top of the hill. On my way up I realized oh god, I never went wedding dress shopping. I don't have a dress! I get up to the trailer and there's a tea-length 50s style white dress in there. That'll do. But now I can't find anyone to help me get ready, so I run back down the hill and find a bridesmaid who says she was just coming up to help me.

I turn around to go back up the hill, frantic because now we're very late. The trailer is gone. My bridesmaid is gone.

At the bottom of the hill, the wedding is starting and I'm not there.

ETA: Mcconaughey.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Options
    tcnoble said:

I have a repeat nightmare of FI seeing me in my dress before the wedding day. Like I'm trying it on at home and he walks in. Apparently that's the big fear I have. But the dress isn't even at our house! And I wouldn't put it on just to walk around the house anyways. So weird.

I also had one where our photographer didn't show up.
    This reminded me of another one a had several weeks back. Our photographer, for whatever reason, didn't take ANY pictures of my and my fiancé on our wedding day. He only took pictures of me by myself before the ceremony and nothing else. I woke up after I had a meltdown in my dream where I was explaining to my fiancé that we'd have to get all dressed up again, do my hair and makeup just so we'd have pictures of us together, and it wouldn't even be our actual wedding day.

Man dreams are so weird.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    edited January 2015
    The first wedding-related dream I had, my e-ring broke into pieces and I couldn't fix it so he left. I woke up and my ring was missing, and I scrambled around the bed in tears until I finally found it. 

The most recent one I remember anything about was Thanksgiving morning, and I woke FI up crying from it. I don't remember what exactly happened, but I remember the end was that FI left and I wound up with 47 cats. It put me in a funk for the whole stinking day. 

ETA clearly my concern isn't really wedding related....
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    The first wedding-related dream I had, my e-ring broke into pieces and I couldn't fix it so he left. I woke up and my ring was missing, and I scrambled around the bed in tears until I finally found it. 

The most recent one I remember anything about was Thanksgiving morning, and I woke FI up crying from it. I don't remember what exactly happened, but I remember the end was that FI left and I wound up with 47 cats. It put me in a funk for the whole stinking day. 

ETA clearly my concern isn't really wedding related....
    Opposite of a problem and an excellent coping mechanism tbh
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I also had one where I never mailed invitations, so I was scrambling to mail them the DAY OF the wedding (because somehow they would get to people on time?). Some people still showed up without having received the invitations, which was super confusing. In another dream, no matter how hard I tried, I could not actually get ready for the wedding; I forgot to buy a dress, and no one could give me a ride to the venue. And there was no food.

Wedding anxiety dreams are the worst.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have dreams on the regular that the wedding day is suddenly here and I have NOTHING done. This is a variation on a dream I've had since childhood of approaching some big milestone (that I may or may not have already reached in real life) and being suddenly unprepared.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Have had a lot but my favorite so far is when I dreamed that after the ceremony, my mom and step dad announced that they were going to host everyone "back at the house" which was an hour away. I told my mom that we had already paid for dinner and drinks for everyone at the reception venue and that going back home would be a waste, but she was insistent that everyone would be more relaxed and would have a fun time at home instead. Then we got to the house and the place was a mess, hardly no food, and only a 30 rack of bud light. HAHA.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards