Just Engaged and Proposals

Worst Experiences?

To all my already married brides, what was your worst experience with trying to wrangle together your bridal party??

My wedding is set for January 2016 and I currently have 6 bridesmaids. This is where the nightmare begins.

First I originally only wanted 4, but then 1 (my cousin) threw a fit because she wanted to be a bridesmaid and of course my mother has been pressuring me to make her one. The other bridesmaid lives all the way in Texas but swear she can just order her dress on line and show up. I've been putting up with this because my mom keeps pressuring me to do so, but now I'm getting a little ticked off. My MOH is my closest friend so she has been a great open ear to me but the other 5 are driving me up the wall. They don't seem to be taking everything seriously to the point where they don't answer my texts concerning scheduling a date for a initial fitting.

We don't have any clue what their dress sizes are, what their budget should be or what even will look good on everyone. Most of their excuses (except for my MOH) is that they are busy. My wedding is 12 months off and I'm already fed up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker}

Re: Worst Experiences?

• You should really put XP when you cross post on different boards. This indicates as such to other members of the boards.

That being said, you got some responses on your other post :)

• Hi OP,

I responded to you over on the Wedding Party board. If you're going to post the same question in multiple locations, please edit your post to put "XP" (crosspost) in the title so that we know.

• Why do you have to schedule their fittings? Every time I was a bridesmaid, I was just told what dress to get, and it was up to me to order it an get fitted, if I remember correctly (it's been a few years)
  • To all my already married brides, what was your worst experience with trying to wrangle together your bridal party??

My wedding is set for January 2016 and I currently have 6 bridesmaids. This is where the nightmare begins.

First I originally only wanted 4, but then 1 (my cousin) threw a fit because she wanted to be a bridesmaid and of course my mother has been pressuring me to make her one. The other bridesmaid lives all the way in Texas but swear she can just order her dress on line and show up. I've been putting up with this because my mom keeps pressuring me to do so, but now I'm getting a little ticked off. My MOH is my closest friend so she has been a great open ear to me but the other 5 are driving me up the wall. They don't seem to be taking everything seriously to the point where they don't answer my texts concerning scheduling a date for a initial fitting.

We don't have any clue what their dress sizes are, what their budget should be or what even will look good on everyone. Most of their excuses (except for my MOH) is that they are busy. My wedding is 12 months off and I'm already fed up.

This sounds like all your problems are self-inflicted. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards