Not Engaged Yet

Friday!

2»

Re: Friday!

• @Minskat30 is the chicken grilled?If yes I kinda wanna be your dog. lol

@AlPacina I forgot to ask,what is manicotti is it like ravioli or stuffed gnocci or I'm in the cold?

• @marylab - It is the large tube-shaped pasta that is typically stuffed with some kind of ricotta or other cheese mixture, and then you bake it with sauce over the top. It's like if you took a penne noodle and made it large.

• @AlPacina - With steak, I'd do something really simple. I love roasted asparagus--olive oil, salt, roast in a 400 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes.  It's easy to reheat too--just toss it back in the oven. Or, you could even just bring the stuff and do it at your friend's house, since it takes so little time.

For years, I hated asparagus, because my mother grew up cooking veggies like her mother did: boiling them.  But then we started roasting everything, and now sometimes I just make an entire bunch of asparagus for dinner and eat it.
    Roasted veggies in general are awesome. They taste soooo much better than boiled veggies and are really easy to make.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Why @AlPacina

A giant penne/cannelloni with cheese and broccoli?!
    And today it's leftovers day :(
    But about the stuffing..What was your stuffing except from bbroccoli
    You use soft cheeses only or have you tried with bechamel too?
    Use a piping bag.I use a big open tip when I have to finish a cake fast,
    layering it,it could do wonders for your stuffing,and you it's clean easy peasy.
    You don't even have to get a tip just cut the bag high enough for a wide opening.

• @alpacina put the cheese mixture with the chopped broccoli in a larger ziplock bag, then cut off a corner of the bag and squeeze it into the manicotti shells. 

@minskat30 Is the whole chicken along with dog food!? 
  • Sorry I haven't had much time for personals!!

@Minskat50 - I can't believe he stole the WHOLE chicken.  I guess if I wasn't looking my Pyr would take stuff, but my Newfie is much much much more the chow hound than my pyr!

My morning could have been worse.  I didn't hit the stupid cyclist (I'm a cyclist too - but I try not to give other cyclists a bad name and have yelled at others for not following the rules of the road while on my bike). I do try to stick to bike n hike paths though.  I honestly think I'm just sour because I have a MOUNTAIN of laundry and other tasks around the house that need to get done and I don't have time.

Anniversary
  • @speakeasy14 - Yes, he gets dog food too (several cups a day).  Trust me, if you felt him under all that fur you would say "Why don't you feed this dog?" He's got a lot of muscle (legs and chest) but you can feel his rib bones and spine pretty clearly.  Nothing sticks to him, I swear....wish I had that problem...I can smell food and gain weight.

@Dignity100 - Honestly, I can't believe it either.  He has never, ever acted out like that.  I have no idea what got into him (other than the chicken, obviously).  I actually asked H if the workers were still in the house and maybe they ate the chicken? They had left already though by the time H left the house so it had to be Rajah...or the ghost of course.  :)

• @minskat30 wow, he must be really active! 
  • @minskat30 wow, he must be really active! 

He guards non-stop pretty much, never sleeps through the night and when he does sleep he sleeps "with one eye open" so I think that plus a super metabolism = a very expensive dog.  :)
  • Rant:
    Medical billing and costs are so friggin stupid. I was charged about $500 toward my deductible for my second post-op appointment for "surgery." I called the billing department at my ENT's office today, and they said that because he had to use an endoscopic tool to remove the stints he put in my nose during surgery, it was billed as nasal endoscopy AKA surgery, and the charge must remain. WTF. I'm billed $500 because the ENT had to use a special tool to remove things he put into my nose during surgery that had to be removed after a certain length of time after surgery... 

I have another post-op appointment on the 26th. If he tries to use another specialized tool, I'm going to tell him thanks, but no thanks. I can pick my own nose for free, thankyouverymuch.

/rant

• eilis1228 said:
    Rant:
    Medical billing and costs are so friggin stupid. I was charged about $500 toward my deductible for my second post-op appointment for "surgery." I called the billing department at my ENT's office today, and they said that because he had to use an endoscopic tool to remove the stints he put in my nose during surgery, it was billed as nasal endoscopy AKA surgery, and the charge must remain. WTF. I'm billed $500 because the ENT had to use a special tool to remove things he put into my nose during surgery that had to be removed after a certain length of time after surgery... 

I have another post-op appointment on the 26th. If he tries to use another specialized tool, I'm going to tell him thanks, but no thanks. I can pick my own nose for free, thankyouverymuch.

/rant
    They did this to my mom as well, she spoke with the insurance person at her company and they said they will get the amount reduced.  
  • @speakeasy14 That's a good idea! Thank you! I figured I reached a dead end after speaking to the doctor's office, but maybe bugging my company's benefits coordinator will help. 

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    @eilis1228 BUUUULLSHIT. I hate medical billing so much. Typically, colonoscopies are covered completely/nearly completely (because they're preventative medicine/screening), but if the doctor takes a biopsy (OFTEN NECESSARY), it's now surgery. Which is utter bullshit.

ETA: I mean, I understand some of the logic, which is that taking a biopsy during a colonoscopy, or removing a stint using a surgical tool, makes a procedure more likely to result in complications. But don't fucking call it surgery and charge what you'd charge for surgery.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @speakeasy14 *sigh* Benefits coordinator says there's zilch I can do. At least I have a credit card through the ENT with no interest.

@phira Are you serious??? I mean, I get that if something is wrong than it's no longer a routine procedure, but at least cover the colonoscopy... insurance is so ridiculous. It's NOT surgery, and they're making it even harder to pay for the necessary surgery. SO DUMB!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards