Chit Chat
Options

Not wearing fake lashes

2»

Re: Not wearing fake lashes

• Options
    I didn't because I didn't need them; I already have very long eyelashes. I also have absurdly sensitive skin, and although I can tolerate a lot of face products, I didn't want to take the risk.

That being said, I don't think that there's anything inherently better about not wearing fake lashes. Like, do what you want. I know a lot of people who have shorter lashes and false lashes were a must for them; they looked incredible on their wedding days.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

I remember reading an interview (?) with a make-up artist several years ago about how to have really bold lashes just by using mascara. 

1. use an eyelash curler 
    2. coat the TOPS of your eyelashes with a thickening mascara 
    3. coat the bottoms 
    4. coat again with a lengthening mascara (so you need to buy the two different kinds)
    5. wiggle the mascara brush back and forth on the tips of your lashes 

It actually does make a huge difference, but you have to be careful that you use new mascara because if it's the least bit dried out, it's easy to get the weird spider leg thing. 
    This may be why I always get the weird spider leg thing. It drives me up a wall and down the other side.

I will definitely be investing in new, good mascara the day before the wedding.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I didn't. I splurged $10 for a lash-extending, waterproof mascara.  

It was nice stuff... with an improved eyeliner job, I did my own makeup and didn't look like my usual ghost-like self on my wedding day. 

• Options
    I planned to wear the individual insert lashes, but we forgot until it was too late so I went without.  I'm still married though!!  

• Options
    I actually got eyelash extensions for the wedding. They lasted almost 2.5 months. I did get the really dramatic ones so they gradually thinned out to normal mascara look.

I loved them so much! Got lots of compliments and never had to worry about running, even after swimming on my honeymoon. Well worth the investment if you want the drama and can deal with the price tag.
  • Options
    I just got home from getting eyelash extensions. No special reason. I love them. When I gained weight I felt like my eyes got smaller (obvi they didn't - the fat on my face got bigger) and I'm working on losing the weight but in the meantime I like my face better with the extensions. Plus I love that even with just the tiniest bit of makeup, I look "done up". They don't itch because they are attached to my eyelashes not to my eyelid.
  • Options
    I didn't wear them. And from pics like this, I don't think I needed them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I would love eyelash extensions, but my lashes are so blonde that I'd rip them off taking off my mascara every night. No knew a girl who had they. They were so pretty

• Options
    I didn't wear fake lashes because a) I don't really need them, and b) I've never been able to get them on evenly and securely.

If you feel like you need them, get them. Otherwise don't stress yourself about it!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    @WinstonsGirl‌ you're not supposed to wear mascara with extensions because it can ruin them anyways :) problem solved?
  • Options
    I'm doing lash extensions too...  Don't want to be bothered with waterproof mascara for the honeymoon.  If you get them done right you can't really tell that they are not your lashes.  But, I really don't think it's a big deal if you choose to go without them, it makes sense to look like yourself and not feel too made up if you're not accustomed to them.   

• Options
    @WinstonsGirl‌ you're not supposed to wear mascara with extensions because it can ruin them anyways :) problem solved?
    I know, but my real lashes are so blonde that I wear it every day.  And if I got extensions I'd have zebra lashes.  Beauty is hard.  ;)

• Options
    hellohkb said:
    It's kind of weird that your fiance is dictating what you put on YOUR eyes, but whatever. I am choosing to wear them because I genuinely loooove falsies and I love how they look on me. I have large eyes and I think they highlight them. I am also a total makeup whore and go wayyyy over the top with my looks. However, if the natural look is more your speed, go for it! How you look on your wedding day is totally up to you. I think most brides choose not to wear falsies, in all honesty. You just have to do what feels comfortable. If you want to be natural, be natural. If you want to wear 10 pounds of makeup and put Zsa Zsa Gabor and Nicki Minaj to shame, do that too! It's all about your style and comfort level.
    Yeah, I don't usually wear makeup and the one time I did wear falsies, I didn't really like them. I think I may have given the wrong impression in my OP. FI isn't really dictating how I should look, but he does have preferences and I do care what he thinks because I want to be pretty for him. He's not the one that made the final decision though, that was all me and my MUA. I have tiny eyes and MUA felt that falsies would just overwhelm them and I agreed it would be a little too much for me since I would really like to look like my normal self but a little prettier. I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing false lashes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm wearing falsies because I want that extra glamour they make me feel.  I'm actually a little more concerned about the rest of the makeup, because I don't wear a full face, ever, so it's gonna be weird. 

I'm most concerned about her putting stuff on my brows to make them stand out.  I've tried powder on them before and they just look huge or something - I trust her though - I have my makeup trial in March so we'll see. 

• Options
    I worse false lashes once for a photoshoot. They looked fab but I just felt uncomfortable and my eyes felt so heavy. So I told my MUA that I'd forgo them for comfort. Plus they could easily get in the way with my glasses (which I wore on my wedding day).
  • Options
    I wore the individual strips. I had only ever worn false lashes for the make up trial when she applied the individuals to let me decide if I liked them. I loved them. They made my eyes look great.
    Anniversary

• Options

My lashes are super blonde, but super long.  I don't like mascara, and didn't want to wear it for the wedding - I usually get them tinted, and was going to the day of the wedding, but my MUA and I had a couple crossed wires and she didn't bring the right tools.  So we did falsies instead, and after a few minutes of getting used to them, I didn't feel them for the rest of the night.

Have you thought about tinting them?  Do you have the right kind of lashes that it would work with?

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I did not.  I had tried them at one of my trials and when I got home my H (FI at the time of course) said "What did they do to your eyes."  He picked off the lashes and said "much better."  When I went for a different make up trial and said no lashes and they did a great job still making my eyes "pop."

Anniversary
  • Options
    vulpiepop said:

hellohkb said:

It's kind of weird that your fiance is dictating what you put on YOUR eyes, but whatever.

I am choosing to wear them because I genuinely loooove falsies and I love how they look on me. I have large eyes and I think they highlight them. I am also a total makeup whore and go wayyyy over the top with my looks.

However, if the natural look is more your speed, go for it! How you look on your wedding day is totally up to you. I think most brides choose not to wear falsies, in all honesty. You just have to do what feels comfortable. If you want to be natural, be natural. If you want to wear 10 pounds of makeup and put Zsa Zsa Gabor and Nicki Minaj to shame, do that too! It's all about your style and comfort level.

Yeah, I don't usually wear makeup and the one time I did wear falsies, I didn't really like them. I think I may have given the wrong impression in my OP. FI isn't really dictating how I should look, but he does have preferences and I do care what he thinks because I want to be pretty for him. He's not the one that made the final decision though, that was all me and my MUA. I have tiny eyes and MUA felt that falsies would just overwhelm them and I agreed it would be a little too much for me since I would really like to look like my normal self but a little prettier. I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing false lashes.

Then absolutely go natural. That is more your thing and you need to be true to your look. Don't let others pressure you into wearng more makeup! Hope all goes well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I wore them for my wedding. I tried the strip kind for my trial. They looked cool, but were a bit much, and half of one came unglued about halfway through the night (I wore them to a wedding as a guest), so that was uncomfortable and I'm sure looked dumb. For my wedding we wound up doing individual lashes, and I liked those so much better. It was more subtle, but my eyes still popped.
  • Options
    I wore them for my wedding and I still had a natural looking face. My MUA trimmed them a bit since I wear glasses, but they still looked natural and gave my eyes a pop.
    Anniversary
  • Options

My lashes are super blonde, but super long.  I don't like mascara, and didn't want to wear it for the wedding - I usually get them tinted, and was going to the day of the wedding, but my MUA and I had a couple crossed wires and she didn't bring the right tools.  So we did falsies instead, and after a few minutes of getting used to them, I didn't feel them for the rest of the night.

Have you thought about tinting them?  Do you have the right kind of lashes that it would work with?

No, I haven't thought about tinting. My hair and lashes are about as dark as they come, the mascara ends up more for volume and to add some length than to make them blacker. It's a good suggestion though as I've never heard of that until now!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have allergies and super sensitive skin, so I didn't want eyelash glue anywhere near my eyes. I have a hard enough time with mascara and shadow.

Plus, I have thick (but shaped) dark eyebrows, so I figured adding fake lashes to that would be completely overwhelming. I wanted my eyes to stand out, not drown in a sea of dark hair.

My MUA listened to my concerns and was able to make my eyes pop with minimal makeup and mascara that didn't make me want to claw my eyes out. I ended up buying some from her.

I think some people look amazing with fake lashes, so I might try it one day just for the hell of it.
  • Options
    I wound up wearing them. I was afraid of looking drag queen-ish but my MUA did individuals instead of a strip. I had her do one eye with and one without at my trial. My eyes looked so much better with them so that's what we went with. God bless those girls that wear them frequently I could never do it. To be honest my H didn't notice that I wore them. He was too busy A-getting married B-enjoying the day we worked so hard to pull off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards