November 2015 Weddings

10 months, how's the planning?

Hi everyone! Just checking to see how everyone is doing. Happy New Year!! I need with videographer tomorrow! After that, everything is booked. The florist and cake lady is in my package so I'm just waiting to hear from them. I go dress looking Saturday! I'm excited and nervous because I'm an older, second bride and not little. Please get me through this! Lol
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 10 months, how's the planning?

• You will do great! Once you start trying on dresses all that nervousness will melt away.

I still have to finish booking the officiant, secure a rental company for the lighting and dance floor, find a stylist, and I think that's it for vendors. At some point soon we have to prep the STD's and invites, and decide on favors. We're getting our cake from a grocery store so I probably don't have to worry about that until a couple months before.

Right now I'm taking it easy. Not feeling too stressed. I was stressed, but then I realized this only needs to be as stressful as I want it to be. And I don't want to be stressed at all. So...it's not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @flutteringinfl‌ what's a stylist for? I'm not sending out STDs. Should I? For our favors, we're having the deluxe caramel apples. This is what I want the cake to be. Very non-traditional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hair and makeup. I found one I like, just haven't contacted her yet.

STD's are generally optional, but for our particular needs, they're a good idea. We're having a DW, so our guests will need a decent amount of notice, plus the hotel we have a block at will only hold the rooms up to three months before, which is when invitations normally go out, so we'll probably send STD's out in the next couple of months, which is much earlier than the norm.

That cake is so cute. My mom had caramel apples when she got married in October a couple years ago. I'd like to have tea and some kind of cookie, maybe from a local bakery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi fellow Brides!

I feel pretty confident in my planning so far. If you ask my fiance, he'd say "we're done with the planning" lol.

We've got our venue, DJ, Photographer, Photo booth, stationary and cake all in contract. I still have to decide on florals so I'm waiting on the florist. I have my dress which is awesome (and I hope it doesn't require a bunch of alterations when I get it)

We just registered this past weekend which I know is early but we're sending out out STDs in a week or so because we have so many people coming from the military and out of town that we want to give them ample time to plan (plus a lot of people set up their vacation schedules in January) Our STD has the wedding website on it so I want it to be pretty complete when people look at it (have the registries and hotel blocks available)

I still need to find hair & make up, rehearsal dinner space and commit to a centerpiece idea.

• Wooo- Just hit the 10 month mark today! I'm trying to get one thing accomplished each month.  This month- looking into hair/makeup examples, next month- my trial.  I just officially booked the officiant.  

Done so far- Venue, photographer, DJ, officiant, engagement photos, Save the dates sent, figured out where I will be purchasing flowers (trader joe's- making my own bouquets with was very easy for my friend's wedding) figured out center pieces, hotel block done and already have 30 nights booked, so shuttle and honeymoon suite are secured.  I think that's about it! I need to think about decor but my venue is being redone this month so I will check it out once they are finished!

• Holy moly you guys are champs!  I'm a Friday the 13th bride (eee!) and have just now sorted out the church and the venue...getting those to be available on the same day was quite the task.  We've also got a photographer, but that's it!  We have engagement photos coming up next weekend.  This is going to be okay, right?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @goblue111315‌ it will be ok! Breathe lol. We haven't done engagement pics yet. I think we're too old for them?? I booked videographer yesterday! Yea me. Now all that's left are invitations and dress. I think. I still have to meet with florist, baker and bar tender but they come with venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just have the Church, makeup (my friend), cake (my friend), videographer (my friend!), and the photographer, and we will book our venue for the reception this week.  I am also meeting a florist this week.
    I keep feeling like I'm not on track and at the same time like I'm well on track!!! :S :S :S
  • arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    I haven't been on these boards much lately--been too busy with the holidays!

@goblue111315 I am also a Friday the 13th bride! Woohoo!

So our date and venue are booked. Engagement photos are done. STDs were mailed out a week ago--a bit early but my entire family and extended family live out of state, and since our wedding is on a Friday, I need to give people notice so they can request the time off. Our photographer is booked, our DJ is booked, and we've deiced on our baker for our cake. We meet with her next weekend, and she is bringing us some mini cakes to take home and sample. We are also meeting with our DJ/lighting company in a few weeks to discuss lighting options. My sisters are flying in for a weekend at the end of the month to go dress shopping with me, which is the part I dread the most. I HATE trying on dresses for any occasion!

The only big things we still need to do are find an officiant and a florist. We decided not to do a photo booth or a videographer--neither is our style and it saves us $$$.

Happy planning, fellow Novie brides!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey... WOW!!  You are basically done!  *clap clap*
  • I go looking for dresses tomorrow! I'm so nervous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • November 21st here!

So far, we've talked to a local church official to discuss officiating our ceremony. The End. 

We haven't done a lot besides talking about ideas. I have my dress and we have designed our STDs. 

We have started our guest list and it looks like we are going to have a smaller wedding which will determine where our reception will be and what it will look like.
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • With a November 6th date I feel in a good place!
    I have venue, church, photographer, videographer, dj, limos, hotel, STDs, guest list, centerpieces.

I have started dress shopping and once that is done I can do flowers.

I love being able to check things off my list
  • That's awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Found my dress last night!!!

With every new planned thing its becoming more real and more exciting!!!
    :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @sbe0984‌ congrats! Show us pics! I'm going looking again today. I went Saturday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards