Not Engaged Yet

WR: venue no show?

FI and I went to visit a venue today or so we thought. The guy never showed! The entire place was locked up and I called and emailed. We waited 45 minutes before just leaving. My mom wants us to go back and look at it but I'm just mad. That's just not good professionalism. Anyone had something like this happen?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WR: venue no show?

• no. That's.... yeah... just no. I would 't be going back unless they answer your call/ email with a good excuse/ grovelling. What place was this?? 
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I agree with @lilacck28‌. I wouldn't go back unless you get a phone call with some serious groveling and a valid excuse (like a death or family emergency). You don't want the stress of working with an unreliable venue.

Edited because TK mobile is a pain in the ass.

• Aw man, you called and emailed?  If he can't manage to meet you for an appointment, and kept you outside I would avoid going back. I am sorry that happened, especially if the weather was shitty.  
  • I agree with PP. I would only understand if they apologized profusely and had a very good reason. I had a problem like this with a baker- canceled my appointment twice. When I said that I was all set after the 2nd cancellation, they acted like I was overreacting. Um, no. That was just another reason for me to move on...
  • I agree with both @lilacck28 and @bethsmiles. I'm so sorry that this happened and I completely understand because I had a vendor do the same thing to us today too! Ours was the DJ that we hoped to go with, but still! We had a video conference and FI and I woke up early on I'm so angry that unless they come back groveling/had an emergency then we won't be using them, and if they do come back asking for our business then I am going to ask for a discount or we walk away. I was trying to return to the one that I used for my 16th birthday party and they were amazing back then, and they have awesome reviews, so I am really upset that they blew off a returning customer.

Now that my rant is over, I definitely wouldn't book a venue that acts like this. My thought is what if it happens the day of your wedding too? That's just added stress that no one needs or should have to put up with on their wedding day!

• @lilacck28‌ Storrowton Tavern on the grounds of the Big E

• I wouldn't book a venue that pulls that.
  • Ugh, that's really unprofessional. Unless you get a phone call with an INCREDIBLY profuse apology, followed by a believable explanation, followed by an offer of a discount or extras, I wouldn't even bother making another appointment. Nope nope nope.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Unless they had a DAMN good excuse for that, no way would I book with them.  We didn't do any tours or vendor meetings, just emails and phone calls since we got married 9 hours away. 

If they are very apologetic and can explain why that happened, I might re-consider.  But I wouldn't want to be stressed that something like that could happen again, so I would look elsewhere.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ugh I am sorry! That's pretty shitty of the venue. Honestly, I'd walk away. If you aren't worth his time then he most certainly isn't worth yours! If this is the first impression this owner is ok with leaving you with then I'd say run for the hills. Even if there was some sort of family emergency he should've tried to shoot you a text or an email to at least say he had to cancel.

• I have to agree with the group, if that is your first experience its probably not the right venue for you. Did you have your heart set on it or maybe your mom had high hopes for it.  Maybe they have a good excuse but IMO you should keep looking.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wouldn't bother. If they can't meet with you when you're trying to give them your business and your money how much more difficult will it be for your when they already have you in a contract and you've paid a deposit?

If they have an incredibly believable reason why they couldn't be there AND couldn't contact you to say they wouldn't be there I might consider going to see the venue...but it would be at the absolute bottom of my list as a contender.

Have you heard from them yet?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I can't believe they haven't even called or emailed you.  I wonder if it was a scheduling error and they didn't have it written down?  Surely they would have got your messages asking where the f they were by now.

I change my answer to hell no for going with them at this point.  Even in an emergency situation, they could have sent an email/asked someone to email you on their behalf by this point.
  • I would be so nervous that other things would 'fall through the cracks' with this venue.

Of course if they called and it was an acceptable excuse (as pp have stated) I would give the benefit of the doubt and a second chance. 
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• FI and I are going with a risk for our videographer. He's young, he's bad at emailing back and there's a real chance he'll flake... but the price is good (10 hours, two camera guys for $950 + hotel room, and I get all the raw footage to give to fbil to edit... the second best deal I found was $1500 for 6 hours, one camera guy, raw footage... and I did not like the videos that they made, and I was concerned about the shots they took). If he actually shows up, it will be worth it. However, we're only taking the risk because videography is an "extra" for us, and it will not be a catastrophe if it he flakes. I'll be pissed/ disappointed, but in the scheme of things it's not major and I know that.

Venue is a WHOLE other boat. That's arguably the most important thing you book, and I wouldn't take chances with that.
  • Would you ladies email like today and say I'm sorry im not interested since you stood me up or would you leave it alone?

• Blow them off! I'd drop them entirely at this point. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you want to give the venue one last chance to grovel, keep in mind that yesterday was a holiday, so maybe give them by the end of the business day to respond (only if you want to).

Personally I wouldn't take the risk of booking that venue and would send them an email ASAP stating that you are no longer interested in using their services. Leave it at that. You aren't obligated to launch into details as to why they weren't chosen.
  • eilis1228 said:
    Blow them off! I'd drop them entirely at this point. 
    This, It's not even worth your time to send another email or phone call.

• This is beyond unprofessional, I agree with some of the other girls 1 its not worth your time & 2 when your big day comes will they be as unreliable?

But question why did you pick this venue? Is it because you always dreamt of your wedding here or heard good things? I only ask because if it is a dream place of yours then 1 more chance wont hurt.
  • I wouldn't bother emailing back. I didn't email back the vendors/ venues I looked at or emailed but didn't pick unless they emailed first and asked if I was still interested. Maybe that was bad form though? But I emailed so many people that ... yeah. I lost track.
  • Have they contacted you at all?
    Anniversary
  • @phira nothing.
    Then I don't see why you should bother getting in touch with them. That's just shameful that they never even replied to your messages!
    Anniversary
  • If they're on Yelp/Wedding Wire/The Knot, I'd give them a negative review for no-calling-no-showing you as well. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @ellis1228, already Yelp reviewed. I should do TheKnot's too.

• 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Just because I'm nosy and curious- were the other reviews on yelp/weddingwire/theknot good? I want to the name of this place too lol so nosy...
  • @500days there weren't many reviews. It's the Storrowton Tavern in MA. Western MA though seems generally quiet for brides.

• Damn I thought you had updated with them calling you or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards