Not Engaged Yet

AW: Ring Shopping!

BF and I went ring shopping today and it was awesome! I'm so glad we went in person because even though we've been looking online forever, it was totally different in person. I really loved some rings I didn't even think twice about when I saw them online. And I'd been waving between yellow or white gold but decided on yellow almost immediately when looking in person. So I picked out 3 that I really loved and BF is going to go back soon and pick one of those or something similar.

Oh and the girl who helped us was amazing. She didn't once push me toward getting a diamond instead of a sapphire and she was really helpful in helping me narrow down the style I liked.

These three were my favorites, some of them are pictured with a diamond but mine would be a sapphire: 

Re: AW: Ring Shopping!

• I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! YAY!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So exciting! FI and I picked my ring in a similar way - it's so nice to have that level of input on it. My favorite of the ones you posted is the first one - I like the way the band wraps.
  • yayyy! those rings are so pretty!!! Blue sapphire? white sapphire? 
  • AHH, that's so awesome! I adore sapphires, they're an awesome replacement for the traditional diamond. Online shopping is so frustrating, you just don't know what anything looks like wthout being there. Super exciting!
  • @KeptInStitches - Yeah, I really love that the first one includes the wedding band with it. It might be a little out of BF's budget though depending on the sapphire he picks.

• That first band is crazy awesome, but they're all gorgeous!
  • AHH, that's so awesome! I adore sapphires, they're an awesome replacement for the traditional diamond. Online shopping is so frustrating, you just don't know what anything looks like wthout being there. Super exciting!
    It's so different shopping online vs in-person! I'm really, really glad we went and looked in-person now. I'm sure I would've loved any ring BF picked out but I think I'll be even more in love with whatever ring he picks now.

@speakeasy14 - I know! It's so cool how the wedding band just slips into the engagement ring. When the girl we worked showed it to me I said "Oh! That's spiffy!" and she gave me a weird look but I still think it's spiffy lol.

• As something who is rather partial to blue sapphires, I'm going to adore your ring. I originally was getting a blue or purple sapphire as the main stone with just diamonds in the band, but when we were gifted the diamond we used, we went with just the side stones instead.

I literally squealed when I read this last night. H gave me a strange look haha
  • They are so beautiful! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yay, so exciting! All 3 are really pretty, I love that they're all similar styles with different details. I can't wait to see what he goes with!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @kaitlynmichelle - I LOVE the sapphires in your ring! They are such a pretty shade of blue!

• Gorgeous rings! Love them all!
  • @bethsmiles they are all so pretty and I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!

• So pretty! I am really excited for you!!!
  • YAYYYAYYAYAYYAAAAY

I love all of them. Oh my goodness. They're all beautiful.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @kaitlynmichelle - I LOVE the sapphires in your ring! They are such a pretty shade of blue!
    Aww thanks :) H went through a few pairs before he picked them.  He really liked a darker shade.  They are really different shades of blue every day, depending on the light.  Right now they look super dark, very navy coloured.  Other times they are vivid and bright blue!

I can only imagine how nice it will be to stare at ;)  Do you know if you (or SO) prefer a lighter or a darker sapphire yet?  I had trouble finding places that had sapphire rings for me to try that were a style that I was going for.  One place tried to sell me a sapphire without having us see it - she said they would set it for us (and we'd have no input on the stone).  That sales lady was a bit nuts, she was trying to ask how I wanted to pay as H and I were leaving.
  • I knew I wanted a darker sapphire and was actually a little disappointed when the jeweler brought out the sapphires for us to look at and they were very, very light! I ended up falling in love with a medium blue with a little bit of green in it, though.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    I knew I wanted a darker sapphire and was actually a little disappointed when the jeweler brought out the sapphires for us to look at and they were very, very light! I ended up falling in love with a medium blue with a little bit of green in it, though.
    The same happened with H apparently.  I never saw any of them, but he specified dark and they kept bringing in light ones. They would only bring in one or two pairs at a time too, so he went back a few times before he picked them.  I was torn between feeling so warm and fuzzy that he cared THAT much and also just pick a set damnit and give me the ring already :P
  • @kaitlynmichelle - I really love the darker sapphires. The place we chose to buy from actually sells their settings and gems/diamonds separately. So BF will pick a setting and then they will sit down with him, show him their selections of sapphires for him to pick from. It's great because then we don't have to worry about loving a setting with a sapphire we don't love. They showed us some of what they have when we were there and they had a really great selection!

• How exciting @bethsmiles!!! I can't wait to see what he chooses.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• That's such an exciting step, @bethsmiles!  I'm so happy for you. 
  • Beautiful rings! I think my favorites are the 2nd and 3rd rings though! The first isn't to my taste but this is something that's all about you so I hope you're able to pick what you love the most (and that it fits in your budget)!

• That's so exciting.  I agree the rings and stones look so different in person.  I thought I wanted a certain setting when I looked online and then totally changed my mine when we started shopping. They are all beautiful but something about the setting in the middle stands out to me and with the sapphire it will be stunning. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am incredibly EXCITED to see this post this morning! So happy for your @BethSmiles! Love your ring faves. Beautiful! I agree, the sapphire is going to look stunning with a yellow gold setting! It's amazing how much your opinions can change when you actually try something on in person, isn't it?
  • Yay congrats, they are all so pretty I'm so excited for you!

Anniversary

• @Allusive007 - Aw, thank-you! And yes, it's so different in person! I'm really glad BF suggested we actually go look at the rings. 

• YAY! So exciting!!!

• I really love the second and third settings. Would you use diamonds as the side stones in the second setting, or a different gem? I'm so excited for you! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards