African American Weddings

Menu Options

Hey y'all! It's been a while since I've been here. I was considering canceling the event, but DH wouldn't let me. I hope everyone's new year is going well. So, I decided to go with a romantic/Italian theme (mainly so I could do Italian food). I was considering:

Spaghetti (one with onions, peppers, etc. and one basic with meat and sauce)
Alfredo pasta (one with chicken and broccoli and one basic with sauce and cheese)
Pizza (ordered from an italian restaurant)
Garlic and non-garlic rolls/bread
Salad (Italian dressing and caesar or ranch)

I figure these are all budget friendly (Italian food in general) so I like the food type but I'm open for specific choices on the menu. My mom thinks pizza is too casual of a food, but it's Italian so idk. What do y'all think about these choices? Take some out? Replace something with another suggestion you may have? Let me know! Thanks ladies!

Re: Menu Options

• I love Italian food so I would be open to the pizza but for the event I agree with your Mom.  It's too casual.  Maybe have lasagna instead of pizza? 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• @island07b2b‌ yeah it is really casual I just love pizza! Would it be okay to have square slices of pizza and pasta salad as the "appetizers" to hold people over til dinner? Or would it be better to do grapes and cheese?
  • @island07b2b‌ yeah it is really casual I just love pizza! Would it be okay to have square slices of pizza and pasta salad as the "appetizers" to hold people over til dinner? Or would it be better to do grapes and cheese?
    I would tear it up!  Yes, I think that is a great idea.  

• Lol which one? The grapes and cheese or the pizza and pasta salad? @island07b2b
  • Oh, sorry.  I just saw pizza.  LOL!  The pizza and pasta salad I think would be great starters.  

• Listen if I saw pizza at a wedding my waist shaper would be bursting at the seams from eating so much
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Lol okay thanks y'all! Pizza and pasta salad it is! @island07b2b @M1ssJ I know everyone loves pizza, but y'all just made me so happy and reassured that I can involve it in celebration!lol
  • I love pizza im trying to get it into the menu along with mac and cheese and sliders for the cocktail hour!
  • @Knottie52923642 I just watched The Real the other day and they were making sliders! Yum. And I love Mac & Cheese too. My mom was trying to keep me from simply having a menu that's full of my faves, rather than stuff that goes together.lol
  • edited January 2015
    @Knottie52923642 I just watched The Real the other day and they were making sliders! Yum. And I love Mac & Cheese too. My mom was trying to keep me from simply having a menu that's full of my faves, rather than stuff that goes together.lol
    I dont even care lol if i gotta pay for it gonna be what i like he is trying to get chicago hot dogs in there lol! cocktail hour is full of southern comforts lol now only if i can get chicago popcorn and cake pops!
  • Lol that's a great point! Im paying for it shoot so we're having pizza!lol @Knottie52923642‌ I love your menu already!lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards