Nevada-Las Vegas

My 2nd scouting trip! masterpiece , gimme some sugar, Emily Reno

I am so lucky I was able to make it out to actually meet all my vendors and meet with my Day of Coordinator before my big day as I am planning long distance. I first met Emily, and she was just like an old friend, but one who knows how to plan weddings. She went over some ideas, she gave great advice, and had she not been going out of town the next day to plan her own destination wedding, she would have come to all our tastings as well. That was all so much more than I anticipated for a day of coordinator! We tried to go on a suite tour at Mandalay Bay so she could see the Vista and Hospitality to offer any advice about decor or seating, but unfortunately they were both booked. Mandalay offers daily tours at 2 at the concierge desk ONLY if they aren't being used. We went on one in Sept so I know what they both look like. I think we will be going with the Vista after all. Then we went to Masterpiece Catering for a tasting! Chris Lee has been my contact and he is so responsive to emails and said sure we can try the food! They have a nice set up, the table was dressed up beautifully, and the chef came out with every course and was just as nice as Chris. We tried prosciutto asparagus, sirloin caprese, crab cakes, lobster Mac and cheese, and 3 different sliders. Oh em gee all so delicious. Then we went to Gimme Some Sugar and met with the owner Ashley. They make all the celebrity cakes when they have their big elaborate bdays at Da Club, but she was so down to earth and nice! You would never have guessed she's the baker to the stars, No Big Deal!! The cake tasting was delicious and we ended up with red velvet, chocolate with cookies and cream, and a super delish fresh berries and white cake cream combo thing, one of their deluxe flavors. I am so thankful for all help on this forum and if you have any questions please ask away! Oh, I also reserved marquee lighting for the suite from LED uplighting for some cool decor!

Re: My 2nd scouting trip! masterpiece , gimme some sugar, Emily Reno

• Sounds like a good time.  How many guest will be attending?  I like the idea of heavy apps instead of a big meal.  Will you be going out with your guest after the reception?
  • I have just emailed gimme some sugar for a quote so this is really helpful. We are going for quiet plain flavours I think chocolate and vanilla inside. I don't need a cake that is too big as we aren't having too many people come, although I can see this changing rapidly once they start emailing me some ideas (eek!).

Thanks for the info re your scouting trip :D xx
  • 30 ppl about, we have DJ Godzilla until 11 pm then after I want to probably head to somewhere like EyeCandy lounge or House of Blues ...haven't really decided that part! Ashley at Gimme is super responsive and lovely in person and they are actually quite affordable for the quality you get.
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    OMG - I luvvvv Ashley and LOVE LOVE LOVED my cake - Ir was perfect and taste was to die for! I used Gimme, Master and DJ godzilla and all of them rocked!
    Anniversary
  • One more try
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020756/uploads/FileUpload/5e/b8d7fd3ed6a9ab576ffba35db9b229.png

Anniversary
  • That is a STUNNING cake :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    edited January 2015
    It taste even better! I vowed off cake for 2yrs! Yes, 2 yrs until wedding cake would cross my lips! I ate cake for a week after the wedding! It was so delicious!
    Anniversary
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    edited January 2015
    Sorry I'm posting them like this but, I don't know why it wont let me upload
    Ugh Still not working :-( Sorry for the zillion post :-(
    Anniversary
  • Yes I loved your picture of your cake, thanks for all the info and help @jayjaay But on a side note I have no idea how this fake profile picture got on my account! Those black people are not me LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards