Florida-South Florida

Wedding reception on the beach?

Hi I live by Ft. Lauderdale and I'm planning a beach wedding. I would love to have the reception in a tent on the beach and was wondering if anyone knows where we could do that? I can travel hour down south or north each way. I'm finding it hard to find any location that will allow a tent reception. Please any ideas are welcomed.

Re: Wedding reception on the beach?

• You should probably post this on a local FL board...most of us won't be able to help you much on the Etiquette board.
  • I would ask the mod to move this to the south FL board to get more exposure.  This is an international board.

In the meantime here is the link to the board"

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @slothiegal @Liatris2010

OP - something to consider for outdoor weddings receptions are: lighting, bathrooms, dance floor, tables/chairs in the sand, electricity for DJ/lighting, caterer options (where would they keep food), etc. Lots to think about that makes things more expensive to do it this way. Consider a wedding on the beach and reception at a beach side restaurant?
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks for the tag!  Moving.
    Anniversary

• I have seen many ceremonies on the beach in Fort Lauderdale but never a reception.  Best bet would be to contact City Hall for permits.  Please keep in mind that you have to have a "Plan B" for a S. Florida wedding that is outside.  During our rainy season (basically end of May through Oct.) we get rain every single day.  The tents generally are not that great and parking will be an issue.  For the rest of the year, the weather is predictably unpredictable.  If a cold front moves through, it is preceded by storms, which is how we define "winter".  How many guests are you planning?
  • I have seen many ceremonies on the beach in Fort Lauderdale but never a reception.  Best bet would be to contact City Hall for permits.  Please keep in mind that you have to have a "Plan B" for a S. Florida wedding that is outside.  During our rainy season (basically end of May through Oct.) we get rain every single day.  The tents generally are not that great and parking will be an issue.  For the rest of the year, the weather is predictably unpredictable.  If a cold front moves through, it is preceded by storms, which is how we define "winter".  How many guests are you planning?
    LOL

This is so true. I love it.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards