November 2015 Weddings

Weight Loss for November

Anybody else trying to slim down for November?  I want to lose 24.6 pounds (very specific!)  I have lost 13.4 pounds so far (prior to getting engaged).
Anyone want to join me in checking in and such?

LoveCrossesOceans

Re: Weight Loss for November

• @lovecrossesoceans‌ I'm in! I've lost 6# since before I got engaged and just started with a personal trainer this week! You can do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a Team Beachbody Coach and am constantly on some sort of workout/nutrition regime, so I'd be happy to help keep anyone accountable :) And if anyone gets stuck or need some advice, let me know!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I was determined to lose weight when I got engaged in March but I actually gained around 10 pounds since then....oops! I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago and I've lost 3 pounds so far, which is pretty good for me considering some health issues I have that affect my metabolism. I'm hoping to keep it up and lose around 20-30 pounds by November. Good luck, we can do it! 
  • I'm just trying not to gain any weight :) My dress fits me just right, so if I gain anything it'll be bad. I'm happy with my weight but in general I'd like to be healthier and more active and if it makes me look even more bangin' in my dress, so much the better.

Good luck ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am also a team beach body (Trying to complete P90X and then Insanity and then begin a running program... since we do have many days!  300 to be exact for me!)
    I am planning on buying my dress at the end of March/beginning of April, so I would like to be at almost my goal weight by then and just maintaining.
    This weekend was a pretty wild girls weekend, and I can feel I'm bloated. -_-
    You ladies seem like you're doing a great job so far!!  Keep us all updated.  I will let you know too :)
  • Had another training session today. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Lady!  I am jumping on this post!  My date is 11/6 and I am on a mission to drop a few more lbs.  in 2014 i dropped 25lbs...and I am hoping from now til teh wedding to do another 35lbs.  And it would be great to have your support!
  • We are here for you!!  Stick with it!!
  • I'm in! I'm not sure how much I want to lose, but my dress fits (for the most part) already so I just want to look my best in it! No arm flab or back fat!! I'm doing 30 Day Shred off of youtube and just completed level 1! I feel so much stronger just after 10 days and I can do a few REAL pushups! I made it my goal to go 30 days straight with this workout and when I'm done, I'll start Ripped in 30.  I haven't been focused on my weight (although I know I want to lose some) but I want to focus more on my measurements.  So be sure to track both! I used to give myself a goal of weighing what I did in college but I never make it to that weight.  But I noticed that even though I weigh more than I did in college, my body looks better! I guess I didn't have much muscle back then! 
  • So how is everyone doing with their goals? I made an appt to see the doctor about a diet and diet pills and shots. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I'd hate not to lose anything before the wedding.
  • Hey!  I am start the "21 day fix" on Monday with two of my friends who I dance with!!
    And I am ordering my dress on Tuesday, so there is some extra motivation!  
    After that I will be doing the P90X program and another 3 week "Clean Eating" jump off point.  And then just sticking with clean eating and then I want to do the Insanity workout program.
    Hefty goals... Let's see how this goes!
    Stick with it ladies!
  • I'm considering buying 21 day Fix! Hopefully if I enjoy it I can just get the workout dvds for the extreme version! Let me know what you think of 21 day fix! I'm taking a break from working out because I ran into some back issues and had to go for injections.  I have two herniated discs and they are causing sciatica.  Pretty crappy.  I'm going skiing and snowmobiling this weekend and my next injection next Tuesday so I didn't want to risk any injury before the weekend.  But after that I will be ready to start!
  • Beachbody programs are the best. You ladies will love 21 Day Fix because it really focuses on your eating habits. Sure, exercise is important, but losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

I'm starting week 6 of Insanity Max:30. Loving it. 
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What is the 21-day fix?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Denise40 It's a portion control and exercised-based program that doesn't require you to count calories or cut out certain foods. It comes with color coded sized containers for each type of food (i.e. carbs go in the yellow container, veggies in the green container, etc). So basically, if it fits in the container, you can eat it. And it comes with 6 different workouts that are only 30 minutes long that you do each day. 

If you do the program right and stick with both the exercise and nutrition, you can lose up to 15 pounds in 21 days.

Let me know if you would like to learn more.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @arrrghmatey‌ I would love to know more
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey!  I am start the "21 day fix" on Monday with two of my friends who I dance with!!
    And I am ordering my dress on Tuesday, so there is some extra motivation!  
    After that I will be doing the P90X program and another 3 week "Clean Eating" jump off point.  And then just sticking with clean eating and then I want to do the Insanity workout program.
    Hefty goals... Let's see how this goes!
    Stick with it ladies!

How's the 21-day fix working?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just ordered 21 day fix! I was able to also rack up some miles on my credit card for the honeymoon since I get 5 miles per dollar spent at beachbody.com.  Yay! Hope this program gets me the results I'm looking for! 

• Hey!  I'm a week in, but to be honest, I didn't follow it as religiously as I should have but I'm still down 2 pounds!!!!!  Woohoo!!  Today, I am meal prepping for the next week to make sure I am right on track.
    It's really easy to follow.  I ordered the extreme because I figured since I'm already in pretty decent shape the workouts would be too easy.  Let's just say, the other night I go through 12, read it, 12 minutes not even 1/2, of the lower body workout and the next day, people asked me why I was limping LOL!  It is extreme.  You will definitely lose weight.  I think it's a good kick off.  I'm really trying to focus on "this is how I want to eat for the rest of my life" meaning, eating clean MOST of the time.  So I am okay with a couple cheat meals here and there.  Obviously, I won't see the same results but I want to make this a lifestyle change with this being my kind of guide.  
    However, come April and May, I want to follow it EXACTLY because I will be in Europe all summer and I want this to be my first summer ever where I wear a bikini.
    I ordered my wedding dress this week, size 10.  It fits perfectly everywhere except for my waist where it needs to be taken in a bit.  I would like my belly to flatten since it sticks out a bit in the dress and my hips and waist obviously to reduce.  And I have some seriously back boobs going on that need to get dealt with.  And very chubby fingers :(  My fiance sweetly phrased it as, "let's take a picture of you wearing your ring at a different angle, your fingers look fleshy that way" HAH  So it's not all in my head :(

Stick to it ladies!!!  We can do this!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well I have fallen off the horse...but using Lent as my way to get back on track.  I have decided that i am giving up all junk food (chips, fried foods, and sweets) during the next 40 days.  And on top of that I am tracking on myfitnesspal.  Now I need to squeeze in the gym to make me feel better.
  • I'm down 3 pounds over the past 2 weeks. I'm 5'6" and started at 143 lbs., so I don't have a lot to lose. I mainly want to tighten up a little bit in a few areas. I have a lot of muscle in my upper body, too. Last night I weighed 139.8 lbs.

Just some helpful suggestions:

-Drink lots of water! Cut out ALL soda (even diet), sports drinks, and fruit juices--they are full of sugar.
    -The scale could be lying to you! If you're doing a workout regime that incorporates muscle/strength building, you may find that you GAIN weight in the beginning. This is because you are gaining muscle before burning fat, so don't be discouraged!
    -Your best gauge of weight-loss is measurements. Get a tape measurer and use it to track how many inches you loose.
    -Don't starve yourself. You need to take in (healthy) calories to properly fuel your workouts.
    -And on that note, don't completely cut out any specific food type, such as carbs. Instead, stick to healthy carbs (sweet potatoes, quinoa, etc) and eat them in proper moderation. You need a BALANCED diet, not a restricted one.

Good luck, ladies! Keep it up!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That's great advice!  I am down to 143.0!  My goal is 118-125, depending how I feel about where I am at when I get there, haha!
    Hang in there!
  • I just ordered the 21 day fix. I hope I got correct 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    Denise40 said:

I just ordered the 21 day fix. I hope I got correct 1

Good luck! Let us know when you start. Remember to stay dedicated to the program, and check back here if you need any help :)
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I really like 21 Day Fix so far.  Just started week 2!  I was talking to one of my bridesmaids about it and she ordered it this past weekend.  :)

• My 21 Day Fix jsut came in yesterday...going food shopping tonight and then starting tomorrow.  So excited!!!
  • My 21 Day Fix jsut came in yesterday...going food shopping tonight and then starting tomorrow.  So excited!!!

Good luck! Let me know how it is.  Mine was just shipped out today so I should be getting it soon!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am on day 3 and i am doing great!  I am not hungry or cranky like i have been before on other plans.  And the tapes really kick your butt for only being 30 minutes.  Its a lot of prep work and figuring out what your next day will look like but its great so far.  And even more excited my FI is away this weekend so i can really focus on making sure I dont allow cheats
  • I'm on day 12!  I really don't like the cardio workout.  I think I like weights a lot more.  But I still got it done.  I've found that keeping things simple is the best way for me to stick with it.  I bought a bag of grapes, some frozen cherries, oranges, carrots and green beans for quick easy snacks.  And I made turkey meatballs with tomato sauce mixed with ricotta cheese and some whole wheat pasta.  It was delicious and I had left overs for lunch for the rest of the week! Weekends are my biggest weakness.  I hate when I gain a pound or 2 over the weekend and feel like I got off track.  But I'm down 5lbs so far! :)  Really great program!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards