• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Chit Chat

Not feeling well, and can't miss work....

plainjane0415plainjane0415 The hills of Tennessee member
500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
I feel like death on a stick today.  I was up all night with a fever, chest congestion and terrible cough.  I also have a "crick" in my neck and I'm at work.  Our operating system has been down for 6 days, and is now back up so I have a pile of paper to sort through and phone calls to make and I feel terrible and I don't want to be here.  I have 1 day of PTO left until my days start over at the end of March, so I can't exactly take off today. Sorry I just had to whine for a minute.

Re: Not feeling well, and can't miss work....

• :( I'm sorry. You should be home in bed! (but you know that). Hot tea and vitamin powder. I hope you feel better fast. 
    plainjane0415
  • KatieinBklnKatieinBkln (NO SLEEP TIL) Brooklyn! member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary
    Ugh. Why this country doesn't have federally mandated paid sick leave is beyond me.

Feel better soon!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
    novella1186larrygagachibiyui
  • littlepeplittlepep South Carolina member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    Yuck! I wish companies were more understanding with sick days. Better to have someone out  so they can get better faster and don't share germs. I'm so unproductive when I don't feel well. I hope you feel better soon! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    plainjane0415
  • plainjane0415plainjane0415 The hills of Tennessee member
    If I don't feel better by lunch I'm going to have to go home.  I can't work when I feel this way.  We actually have PTO hours, and technically I have 10 hours, so if I left after lunch I would only have to take 2 hours from that and it would leave me a full day to use in case I needed to.  I don't understand why we can't have mandated sick leave either... it's ridiculous. I'm literally sitting here almost in tears because I feel so terrible, and I have to deal with the public so that makes things worse.  Urgh.........
  • levioosalevioosa Southern California member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Hope you feel better!  Only one more day until the weekend!

• anjemonanjemon Minnie and Paul (MN) member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    I hope you feel better soon. Definitely take the afternoon off. It sounds like you need the sleep and peace.
  • plainjane0415plainjane0415 The hills of Tennessee member
    Thanks everyone.  I got a hold of some Mucinex Fast Max Severe Cold (what a name) and I think I can make it through the afternoon.....But as soon as I get home..... my bed and I have a date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards