September 2015 Weddings

you guys are all so nice!

OMG! this board is soooooooo much nicer than all the other boards.... I seriously can't post anything without people jumping down my throat....so many opinionated people who hide behind their anonymous screen names..... Im not posting anywhere else but here.... Am i the only one having trouble navigating through all the bridezillas while trying to get my serious questions answered??!

I've even tried to stick up for some people, for the love of god dont do that!... they just turn on you instead....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: you guys are all so nice!

• TK has a lot of shark infested waters.  I only post on three boards here one of which is, of course, this board.  The other two are the DC and AAW boards.  I've not encountered too many snarky or petty posts there.  I always ignore the snarkiness.  Most of the rude comments people post they would not say it to your face.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• The boards are insane.  People seem VERY judgmental.  If what you like or what your situation is doesn't fit into their cookie cutter mold of the way they think things should be...it's just a disaster.  I have had the same thing happen to me.  I took a little break from The Knot because of other stuff my fiance and I were dealing with (and still are dealing with some of it).  But, you're right.  THIS board is nice.
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2014

I sincerely hate when others try to tell someone what to do and what to have at their wedding. However, on TK when you ask for opinions you have to be ready for anything.  **sigh**

I think your ideas for the junior bridesmaids are fine.  I believe they would feel more comfortable sitting with their parents as well.  My only thought about the head table is that it can be awkward separating the BP from their spouses.  However, it is not unheard of.  I personally prefer to keep couples together.

At the end of the day you need to do you for YOUR wedding.  :-)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I do not think the junior bridesmaid title is ridiculous.  I was a junior "bride" in a wedding before b/c that was the custom back then for preteen/early adolescent girls.  I don't remember feeling any sort of way about having that title and being included in some but not all bridal party pics.  

I also don't think anyone will know or care about your private cocktail reception before you go to join your guests.  About the head table, I personally don't like the idea of the entire bridal party sitting together, b/c as a bridal party member I'd prefer to sit with my significant other.  But it's what you prefer and I don't think it's a huge faux pas to have your entire BP sit together for the dinner portion.  
  • So glad I came across this! I'm getting married 9/26/15.  I've posted on other boards and think I'm done w that bc people get so NASTY! C'mon, shouldn't we all be sharing in the excitement of our upcoming weddings and not tearing others down for one "wrong" comment?  :)
  • Hi All

I just found this board today....and have to agree everyone here seems so nice! I am getting married on Sunday 9/27/2015 and the comments about a Sunday wedding have been so rude! 

It is nice to find people who really want to be supportive and helpful! My FI and friends are so happy that I have other brides that are getting married at the same time to "talk" with =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree!  I have looked at some other boards and everyone is so rude and judgey!  I like this little group of 9/15-ers!
  • Gotta say, so glad I found this board- after reading through the Bridal Party board I was terrified to even post anywhere on this site. 

Having my own Bridal Party issues and it seems like their standard response for any dilemma/question is "you're a selfish bitch".

My wedding is 9/12/15, and I was feeling really nervous that I had done too much too quickly, but now I feel much better that I've gotten everything mostly done!

Congrats everyone on your engagments & upcoming weddings :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Gotta say, so glad I found this board- after reading through the Bridal Party board I was terrified to even post anywhere on this site. 

Having my own Bridal Party issues and it seems like their standard response for any dilemma/question is "you're a selfish bitch".

My wedding is 9/12/15, and I was feeling really nervous that I had done too much too quickly, but now I feel much better that I've gotten everything mostly done!

Congrats everyone on your engagments & upcoming weddings :D
    OMG YES to the bolded.  It's terrible!
  • yes! I was just telling my fiancé that on another board everyone was calling me selfish and such nasty words.

This board is refreshing! 

• I know bridesmaids are not supposed to be at our beck and call, and I hope no one treats their bridal party that way, but it is also not selfish to ask your maids to do things with you regarding the wedding.

Why on earth would you accept a bridesmaid position and have no desire or drive to help with the wedding planning, or otherwise? What was the point then? "I think I'd like to spend $100+ on a dress she picked out and do nothing else until the wedding day, where I'll eat and drink for free, and then go home"........

riiiiiiiiiiiiight, we're selfish.

Besides, female relationships are a complicated dynamic because feelings. It's not selfish or ridiculous to have a certain expectation of your bridal party. /endrant lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards