April 2015 Weddings

Getting In Shape

I know there's a specific forum for this, but I wanted to pick your guys' brains. 

What are you guys doing to get in shape for your wedding? We don't have that much time left, but I find myself losing motivation to get up and go workout. 

Any work out suggestions? Or healthy recipes you guys have?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting In Shape

• I guess mostly what I'm doing is just trying to be more aware of what I'm eating - I eat at my workplace and it's easy for me to eat right (lots of fruits and veggies, etc.) if I pay attention. I can also have large lunches and then not eat much for supper, something more like a light snack. I'm doing ok - the number on the scale isn't going down (I don't like the gravity at my parents' place, I weighed 8 lb more when I stepped on their scale than when I weighed myself at FI's dad's place several months before), but my waist seems smaller according to my jeans.
  • I hate gravity! It always seems to be stronger when I'm at my parents place too (especially after the holidays).

Sounds like you've been gaining muscle, congratulations! And that's what I really want, I guess. I don't necessarily need to lose weight, but I really want to tone up and gain muscle.

I live in Kansas, and have been doing the C25K training, and I really like it, but it's soooooo cold. I started it in TX, where the weather was 55-70 degrees. And I do NOT like the cold.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also in Kansas, the weather has been really nice lately but I still haven't had the motivation to go for a run or anything. I feel like since I already found a dress that fits and looks great the pressure to get in shape has worn off. That being said I want to do P90X since I have just a little over 90 days to go! :-O
  • I also have lost motivation to workout lately. I have been eating really good and snacking less and drinking TONS of water. Great appetite suppressant and a good way to lean out a little in the home stretch!
  • I don't know why it's so hard for me to get motivated sometimes. I just hate the thought of running and being out of breath!

Why can't life be just like the Sims? Then I can modify myself however I want! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know why it's so hard for me to get motivated sometimes. I just hate the thought of running and being out of breath!

Why can't life be just like the Sims? Then I can modify myself however I want! lol
    haha Seriously. After posting that I wanted to start P90X I decided to actually do it. All the workouts are written in my planner and I did the first one today. It sucked! :-P
  • I just started a kickboxing class and it is super fun. So I am hoping to do that a bunch and see some changes! I am not thinking anything major -- but my dress is silk & lace and just kind of..lays on my body, haha, so being more toned would be a big plus.
  • msmandzmsmandz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
    There are lots of videos you can follow on youtube like fitness blender or even Pop Sugar fitness...they have videos that are like anywhere between 10min to way longer! I've even searched "Beginner Zumba" for some fun stuff.  I've also been simply marching or jogging in place while watching TV or running up and down the stairs during commercials.  

Myfitnesspal has helped me really pay attention to what I'm eating as well at using a FitBit to track my steps and calories burned.  

ETA - Edited by mod
    Visit my blog oh-mandie.blogspot.com for recipies, workouts, beauty tips, my wedding planning and weight loss journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards