Not Engaged Yet

Friday!

WOOT WOOT! 

What's up for the weekend?

Tonight, I'm hoping to have a lazy night with H. We haven't watched SOA in a while so I think a night of that is in order. And I'm making ST Bangin Good Chicken for dinner which my coworker made last night and said was delicious. 

Tomorrow, I have my cousin's baby shower near Philly. We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow, though, so I might not be able to make it. If the snow keeps me home, I want to organize my closet and finish unpacking my bedroom. 

Sunday, my aunt is stopping by in the morning and then my BFF is coming to see the house and we're going to lunch and maybe to the movies. 

I'm looking forward to a nice, low-key weekend!

Re: Friday!

• Tonight H has poker; so I'll probably catch up on my shows (parenthood, revenge, PLL) while he's out.  The rest of the weekend will be spent cleaning up the house and getting ready for our mini-vacation.  I also will need to give my dogs a bath at some point.

Anniversary
  • Happy Friday!

@swazzle, enjoy your quiet weekend!
    @southernpeach89, good luck at the 5k!

Tonight is for gaming. I'm going to finish the blanket on my needles and start knitting a scarf for my mom. She didn't like the last one - said it was itchy, which is pretty strange considering the yarn. Oh well, we'll try again.

Tomorrow my parents are coming to town and I'm going to a hockey game with them and my brother. FI will be gaming and doing house work (probably mostly gaming, but I can't fault him).

Sunday my mom and I are going to shop for bridal lingerie (maybe, not many stores up here) and ribbon for the invites. We got DIY invites online on major clearance back in June, but they're black and white and only came with black ribbon. I think we can add some ribbon in the wedding colors - randomly - for a pop of color on each one.
  • Hi ladies. We're expecting an ice/sleet storm tonight, so I'm thinking we'll be hemmed into the house tomorrow. Fine by me, I've got a book on my kindle to finish, wine in the fridge and our fireplace is ready to be fired up.

I do need to get to the gym either Saturday night or sometime on Sunday, but other than that, I have zero goals for the weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @minskat30, I'm thinking I'll get a spool each of the orange, yellow, purple, and teal. If I have to pick only one, it will be the teal - I worry a little about the orange-and-black suggesting Halloween even though that's 6 months away, I worry a little about the yellow suggesting bees (which is probably irrational), and purple isn't the main color (it's only there to complete the square complements).
  • Yay it's Friday! Sometimes I feel like having a day off makes the week go by slower. I have no plans for tonight except cleaning the house a bit.  H has a hockey game, so I should have some time to relax before he comes home. We're supposed to get snow tonight into tomorrow.  I'm supposed to have rehearsal Saturday morning and Saturday late afternoon our friends are bringing our goddaughter over so we can all hang out and we can give her her Christmas gifts.  Who knows if that will happen or not and on Sunday afternoon I'm supposed to have more rehearsal.  I guess we will see what happens with the snow. Either way it should be a decent weekend.

Anniversary

• @minskat30 - We're going to Disney World for a few days (extended weekend), from our wedding we got the annual passes, so we just paid for airfare and a room (both are cheap this time of year).  It'll be a nice break from the cold!

Anniversary
  • Happy Friday!

@Swazzle - Enjoy your relaxing weekend! I miss those...

@southernpeach89 - Good luck with the race, I hope your H has a good time running with you.

My weekend is going to be busy again. Shock.

Tonight FI and I have free passes to a wedding show in Toronto. This one is a lot bigger than some of the others that are run, so I'm hoping we can find a deal on limos because I STILL haven't dealt with that. I don't know how long we'll stay, we have most of our stuff figured out and the passes were free from our photographer so I don't feel like we have to stay for long.

Tomorrow is my shower from FMIL and FSIL. I'm not sure how many people are coming, I think they invited about 30 people, so we'll see. It's brunch at FMIL's and I have heard rumours of a waffle bar, so WIN! I have no idea how long that will go, but once the shower is wrapped up FI and I are going to spend the evening with the guys in his band and their wives. I think the plan is they can practice a bit while we hang out and then we'll all grab dinner. I don't know these 2 women very well, but now that FI is more or less permanent in the band I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

Sunday FMIL and I are playing hooky from church. We have to take her mom home (since she's staying after the shower) and then we're going to Buffalo to pick up our china. It's only another hour from her mother's place and the weather looks cooperative for the weekend, so it seems like the least inconvenient time to do it. And then hopefully we'll be home in time for me to take care of some thank you notes before evening church!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @southernpeach89 - Good luck and have fun at the race! That's so nice that your H is running too. 

@Dignity100 - I just caught up on Revenge the other day. I was 3 or 4 episodes behind. What are you up to?

@KeptInStitches - Remind me of your wedding colors?

@minskat30 - Your Italian date night sounds great! Enjoy cooking in the kitchen for the first time!

@cu97tiger - I want your Saturday! Maybe I'll get my unpacking/organizing done early tomorrow and then snuggle up on the couch with my book and Lucy and some of the kitters. What are you reading?

@Peaseblossom55 - I agree, the day off made the week go by wayyyyy slower than usual. Careful driving in the snow if you have to go out in it!

@lmcooper86 - Have an awesome shower tomorrow! What does your china look like?

• @minskat30, I'm thinking I'll get a spool each of the orange, yellow, purple, and teal. If I have to pick only one, it will be the teal - I worry a little about the orange-and-black suggesting Halloween even though that's 6 months away, I worry a little about the yellow suggesting bees (which is probably irrational), and purple isn't the main color (it's only there to complete the square complements).
    I'm sure they will love absolutely lovely with anything you choose.  I do love teal though...one of my favorite colors.  :)
  • I LOVE that wreath @SouthernPeach89 - so pretty!
  • edited January 2015
    hey ladies! Sorry I've been kinda MIA lately - they've actually been making me work at... work. So yeah, much less time for knotting. Anyways, this is my birthday weekend and I have lots of great things planned -

Today after work I'm going to stop by a beauty supply store that my hair stylist recommended so that I can buy clip-in extensions. Then I'm probably going to the gym for the first time since Tuesday - if I don't get there though, I'll do a good workout at home.

Tomorrow I'm driving out to Long Island at 9am, and going to buy strings of globe lights to use for the ceiling of my wedding venue. Through a blog I found someone who had her wedding at my venue and she's going to sell me the lights she used there for 50% of what I'd have to pay to buy them new! Then I'll meet up my mom at a hair salon for my hair trial. I know its a little early to be doing that, but I have no idea if this hairstylist is the right one, so I figure I should find that out as early as possible. After that, I'll be rushing straight home to 1) see my little sister's bridesmaid dress and 2) try my wedding dress on with my sash and with my hair done!!! I'm super excited for that :-) I think FI and I are planning on getting sushi in the city for my birthday, and maybe getting drinks after that. 

Sunday I'm supposed to go see my friend ride in a horse show nearby. It's going to be freezing and snowy and I'll have to wake up at 8:30 to get there on time, so I'm not really looking forward to it, but I want to be a good friend so I'll probably do it anyway...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @swazzle, our wedding colors are teal, dark purple, rust orange, and golden yellow.
  • @swazzle. Thanks be careful too, especially if you go to Philly! 

Anniversary

• @Hummingbird125 Happy early birthday! Have an awesome weekend!!

@beanbot2002 I demand all the dress pictures! Or at least as many as you can sneak...I'm so excited for your dress shopping trip!

@Swazzle Enjoy your low-key weekend!

Yesterday H and I received a STD to a wedding in up-state NY in July. We're considering going because I've never been to NY period plus it sounds like kind of a fun wedding. They're having their ceremony in a historic castle and then the reception is a boat tour around the lake that the castle is on. It'll probably be awhile before we make a final decision but I hope we go becaue then I can take an extra day and drive just a little further south to see all my NEY besties! Another bonus is it may be cheaper for us to fly in to Canada and then drive an hour to the wedding because it's practically on the Canadian/US border. I guess we'll see what happens.

No big plans today. I'm meeting @southernpeach89 for coffee this afternoon and taking Cinders to the dogwash because she got covered in mud this morning.

Tomorrow I'm renting a wallpaper steamer and I'm going to try to get the rest of the wallpaper down before the end of the weekend. Sunday I have plans to meet with a couple of girlfriends for lunch. Otherwise H and I are going to take it easy and just relax.

• @peekaboo2011 oh have fun dress shopping with @beanbot2002!! Yay can't wait for pics!!!

Anniversary

• Happy Friday!! I hope everyone has amazing weekends. It sounds like all of you have super things planned. 

I have to work tonight (two basketball games) so I won't get home till probably 1030 or so, which sucks because my soon-to-be brother & SIL are coming to visit, and they're bringing their new puppy!! Tomorrow I have a women's hockey game at 4 pm, and they're coming to watch, and then we're going to dinner - either to a local place that I loveeee or Dinosaur BBQ. 

They have to leave early on Sunday, and then FI & I are going to have a Nintendo day with one of my bridesmaids and her boyfriend. She got this awesome system for Christmas that plays Atari, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, etc. so we're going to have a Super Mario 3 tourney. It's my fave!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Swazzle - I think I'm only 1 episode behind on most of my shows; so the last episode of Revenge I saw was where Jack sent his son away because Black knows where he lives and that he has a son.  They also found out Louise was being drugged so she would act crazy (trying not to give much away for others that might be further behind).

@Minskat30 - Have fun at the Hockey game.  

@KeptInStitches - Honestly this time of year, Orange and Black around here, I'd think 'Cincinnati Bengals', yellow/black I'd think Steelers...

@Imcooper86 - If you haven't been to a wedding show, make sure you have a 'junk' email setup just in case.

@Beanbot2002 - I went dress shopping alone (without my mom) and a lot of the shops that didn't allow pictures, allowed me to take a pic of my top contender so I could at least show it to my mom for 'approval'.

Anniversary
  • @Peekaboo2011 - I have no idea why gluten free pasta is so hard to find.  I think we are going to try a rice-based pasta.  Maybe one from Whole Foods? My sister made amazing mac'n'cheese once from a gluten free pasta but I think that was more because of the amount of cheese/fat in it than the pasta being any good. ;)
  • @Swazzle - I think I'm only 1 episode behind on most of my shows; so the last episode of Revenge I saw was where Jack sent his son away because Black knows where he lives and that he has a son.  They also found out Louise was being drugged so she would act crazy (trying not to give much away for others that might be further behind).

@Minskat30 - Have fun at the Hockey game.  

@KeptInStitches - Honestly this time of year, Orange and Black around here, I'd think 'Cincinnati Bengals', yellow/black I'd think Steelers...

@Imcooper86 - If you haven't been to a wedding show, make sure you have a 'junk' email setup just in case.

@Beanbot2002 - I went dress shopping alone (without my mom) and a lot of the shops that didn't allow pictures, allowed me to take a pic of my top contender so I could at least show it to my mom for 'approval'.
    That's awesome. The first place I went to (with @swazzle, @hummingbird125, @buddysmom80, & @csousa1) would NOT allow any pictures (even though Swazzle was able to sneak some) and wouldn't let me FaceTime my mom, even though I begged because this was the first time I was trying on dresses. I was so upset.

*******************************************************************************************

• @dignity100, ok, I feel better. It is still football season, after all. Not to mention that by the time the invites go out it will be late February ... okay, NEY, color associations late February:

Orange-black
    Yellow-black
    Purple-black
    Teal-black

Go!
  • @Swazzle - Thank you! THIS is our china, just without the coloured accent plate. The edges for everything are a pearly white, but it photographs sort of beige.

@peekaboo2011 - I have been wanting waffles for a few days now lol

@KeptInStitches - In the order that they were listed: Halloween or tigers, bees (always), summer and summer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @dignity100, ok, I feel better. It is still football season, after all. Not to mention that by the time the invites go out it will be late February ... okay, NEY, color associations late February:

Orange-black - Tigers/Hallowen
    Yellow-black - Bees!!!!
    Purple-black - Witches/Halloween
    Teal-black - Modern/French

Go!

• @Swazzle Enjoy your low-key weekend!

@southernpeach89 I hope you and your H have fun at the 5k! A Hot Chocolate race sounds fun.

@minskat30 Ooooh your first meal in the new kitchen? That's so exciting! I hope you guys have a fabulous evening.

@cu97tiger I'm totally jealous of your weekend. That sounds wonderful! What book are you reading?

@beanbot2002 and @peekaboo2011 Please take ALL the pictures! 

@lmcooper86 Enjoy your shower! A waffle bar sounds awesome. What are you most hoping to get at your shower?

@hummingbird125 Happy Birthday!!!!

@GoldenPenguin Have fun this weekend with your FBIL and SIL!

@keptinstitches I'm probably no help on the color choices because I had the same thoughts about orange and black and yellow and black... but I also don't watch football. I think it depends on the shade of orange and yellow too though. 

TMI moment of the day: I was on the phone with a library, and as I exhaled a giant booger flew out of my nose. So gross. Sinuses, when will you start working normally again?

My PiYo workout kicked my butt last night pretty hard. My heart rate kept spiking into the 180s. Man, I am so out of shape. I'm so thankful today is my rest day. Getting back into shape is hard.

On a more serious note, could you guys keep my mom in your T&P? Her asthma is so bad right now. It's always been bad (at one point in time she had an attack a day), but it sounds like her lungs are getting worse. She said yesterday at work she could barely breathe while cleaning up after a catered lunch. I was on the phone with her this morning while she was at Target, and I could hear her wheezing just from pushing around her cart. I tried to convince her to go to the doctor and look into breathing treatments, but she kept telling me not to worry... but I'm worried anyway. If her lungs don't function properly while doing normal daily activities, then I think something is very wrong. 

• edited January 2015
    @goldenpenguin, I think I love you.

ETA: @eilis1228, you and your mom are in my thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards