November 2015 Weddings

Need Advice

My wedding date is November 14th, and I have my heart set on it being a little bit Christmasy... i.e. Pinecones as place card holders, pine cone cake toppers, cranberries amongst the candles on the tables...Gold accents.
Is it too early to do this?  Should I be sticking with more fall?  Or do you think it's okay that it's more Christmasy?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Advice

• It's your wedding, so I say do as you and your FI wish! It would be one thing if your wedding date was in October, but I think mid-November is pretty close.

And sheesh, if Costco, Walmart, and Home Depot put out their Christmas merchandise in September, I think you will be okay, hahahaha.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you!!!  I just needed someone to tell me it's okay (as lame as that sounds).  I worry a lot that people will think it's too early, or ridiculous.
    Thank you again!

LoveCrossesOceans
  • Sounds good to me! We are wedding twins. I love Christmas theme weddings. I say go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay!!!!!!  Twinsies!!!!
    Are you excited?!  I feel like I'm still in a dream... And it's not really going to even happen.
  • Yay!!!!!!  Twinsies!!!!
    Are you excited?!  I feel like I'm still in a dream... And it's not really going to even happen.

I'm excited but nervous due to me being an older bride and second marriage. I thought I would only be married once, but that didn't happen. 31 years is a long time but I'm happier than I have been in a longggggg time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awww!!!!  I'm so happy for you!  That's amazing!!
    I think nerves are normal, regardless.  
    <3

LoveCrossesOceans
  • I wanted the same theme! We got engaged while hiking so I thought it would be nice to use pine cones and acorns, all those kind of things.  Not sure if you figured out center pieces yet, but I saw that you can get tree saplings that someone can take home and plant.

I thought it was a cute idea, but we went in a different direction!
  • I'm from Upstate NY/New England areas so for me October is Autumn and November is the beginning of Winter... I think you can go either way with November!
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thanks ladies.
    If anyone dislikes it well too bad for them!
    Kik, that's a really wonderful idea to incorporate into your wedding :)

LoveCrossesOceans
  • @lovecrossesoceans Just saw this post. I am also a November 14, 2015 bride and I was struggling with the same thing!! I live in CT and this past November 14 we woke up to a dusting of snow which I am hoping happens for the wedding also. We aren't doing Christmasy but it will definitely be wintery. Plum, berry, platinum gray and a lot of silver sparkly things. I say go for it! 
  • I'm the 14th also! Getting married in northern westchester, ny! We had very cold weather on the 14th and I'm hoping it isn't that cold on our wedding day because I would love to have our ceremony outside with everyone bundled up (it will only be 10 minutes or so).  Everyone we've spoken to seems fine with the idea but it's going to take a lot of hot cider and hand warmers to keep everyone happy! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards