We had an issue with the hotel where our room block was supposed to be (they closed and didn't tell us). The wedding is in a small town and there aren't tons of hotels around. It's also the local college's graduation weekend so some of the hotels are already booked solid, and others have refused to do a block for me because of the busy weekend.
100% of our guests are out of town, as well as the entire wedding party and our families and us. I think we finally managed to block a decent amount of rooms (25, and one hotel has told me that I can add more to the block if I need to, assuming they're not already sold out, and we're expecting around 120 guests. Ugh!) But we also started looking into booking out some beach houses. FI's family already rented one for the weekend. I figured if my family rented one and some of their relatives and friends stayed with them (cuz the house they're looking at has like 7 bedrooms and sleeps 18 ppl or something like that so they thought it would be fun to invite more people to stay), and the WP rented one for them and their SOs (they were excited about this because it's actually cheaper than a hotel if they split the cost so they're looking into it) and then FI and I rent one, we'll be covered.
The VIPs will be guaranteed a place to stay, and the room blocks will be left entirely for the guests.
There's a limited number of beach houses to rent too, though, and some of them are already booked. So I want to book ours NOW. I found the one that we want, and it's pretty much the only one in our budget (actually a little over budget but at this point what the fuck ever) so I contacted the owner. He e-mailed me back and told me to call his office to give them my CC number to reserve the house.
I called on Monday and got an answering machine so I left a message. Didn't hear back from them on Tuesday. So I called Wednesday in the late afternoon (first I had called around lunch time) in case that was a better time to reach someone. No answer. I called again this morning in case morning is a better time. No answer, in fact this time it just beeped instead of ringing. The answer message gives the owner's cell number. So I tried his cell number. It sounded like he answered but had a terrible connection so then the call dropped. I waited a little while and then tried again. Got his voicemail. So I left a message saying I haven't been able to reach anyone in his office and I still want to book the house. Granted, that was only a half hour ago, but because of all of the above information I'm getting really stressed about this.
I have a tendency to be really impatient. Especially when I get a sense of urgency (like this NEEDS to happen ASAP or we could end up with no place to stay! AH!) But I also don't want to harass this guy. Should I try e-mailing him and letting him know I can't reach anyone? Should I just wait a few days? Should I try to find a different house and just give up on this dude? This kind of sucks.