DIY Wedding Forum

Uses for fabric? NWR

wandajune6wandajune6 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited January 2015 in DIY Wedding Forum
Several months back I bought a Groupon for an amazing fabric store in my area. I planned to use it for various wedding projects but managed to get married without using it.

This fabric store has amazing fabrics (it's an old factory that's packed with everything imaginable), lots of ribbon, random findings, and all sorts of other goodies. I find the place a bit overwhelming - but in a wonderful way. They do not carry things like yarn, thread, or other craft projects.

Unfortunately, I don't really sew. I can hand sew little things (which I enjoy) but don't have a sewing machine nor do I know how to use one- and I'm not really ready to take that on yet.

The GroupOn is only for $40 worth of stuff but their stuff is so inexpensive that it goes a long way.

Does anyone have any ideas for projects that a non-sewer can take on? Ideas for great uses of fabric?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Uses for fabric? NWR

• Do you need curtains? I've seen some great no-sew curtain ideas on Pinterest? 

• That's an interesting idea. We've been talking about new curtains for our bedroom. I like it! Thanks!
  • Rag quilts are pretty easy, but super time consuming.

PJ pants

Pillowcases (probably one of the most simple things you could make)

Curtains

Tablecloth?

Fleece tie blanket (another super simple project, and bonus, requires no thread!)

• The fleece tie blankets are an interesting idea. I have (another!) friend pregnant with twins so that could work. It never would have occurred to me that I could make pj pants!

Great ideas. Thank you!
  • It doesn't take a lot of fabric, but I cover shoe box lids with fabric to make decorative trays. I just use hot glue to attach. I have one on a coffee table, one in the bathroom, and one by the door to throw keys in.
  • cgss11 said:
    It doesn't take a lot of fabric, but I cover shoe box lids with fabric to make decorative trays. I just use hot glue to attach. I have one on a coffee table, one in the bathroom, and one by the door to throw keys in.
    Those are amazing.

imageimage

• I love that idea!
  • Wandajune, as good as you are at crafts, you need to get a sewing machine. I bet you'd love it.
  • Wandajune, as good as you are at crafts, you need to get a sewing machine. I bet you'd love it.
    I want one. I also want to take sewing classes. Unfortunately, we have no space for one. I'm also too crazy busy with work right now.

But I keep stalking old Singers on Craig's List anyway... My aunt suggested a Singer 401 and I keep an eye out for them locally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards