Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Flower Girl drop Sequins?

Sequins are going to be all over the place at the wedding but not overwhelmingly. Gold sequin ribbon (mixed with other, solid ribbon colors) will be tied to the bouquets and the maids are to be wearing gold sequin/glitter gowns. I was debating on having the flower girl drop sequins instead of flower pedals. Does that sound like sequin overload? Am I going bridal sequin crazy? :D Has anyone else had the flower girls drop something other than flower pedals? 

Re: Flower Girl drop Sequins?

• Who's cleaning it up?

My venue doesn't allow glitter/loose sequins or otherwise things that will get everywhere. I'd check with them first and go from there. (Personally, I dig glitter/sequins but I think you're going a tidge overboard :) )

• I think this is one of those ideas that's fun to think about but doesn't make sense in execution. It would be kind if weird and hard to see what she was dropping and they don't exactly float gracefully to the ground. Your venue will most likely not allow it anyway.

Since it sounds like you love sparkle, what if you got fake petals that are shimmery or have glitter on them as an alternative?
    *********************************************************************************

• Who's cleaning it up?

My venue doesn't allow glitter/loose sequins or otherwise things that will get everywhere. I'd check with them first and go from there. (Personally, I dig glitter/sequins but I think you're going a tidge overboard :) )
    Poop. Didn't even think of that. I think that does it right there. It's outdoors and they probably won't allow it. Goodness, so many tiny details to consider! Thank you! 
  • Who's cleaning it up?

Poop. Didn't even think of that. I think that does it right there. It's outdoors and they probably won't allow it. Goodness, so many tiny details to consider! Thank you! 
    No worries!

• Sounds like PP brought up a great answer.   Considering that you can send glitter as a way to annoy someone, I'd be really careful with anything that's loose and sparkly.    
  • If you really wanted to include glitter or sequins for the flower girl to drop you can ask your vendor about biodegradable items like the flower petals or certain type of leaf and spray some of them with a glitter to pop when the flower girl tosses them. If your having an aisle runner, you could always have sequins sewn to the edges of that too

• My concern would be safety. If the flower girl would drop a bunch of them in one spot and you have a guest or bridal party member in heels that have a slick bottom that is walking at a normal pace down the isle (even after the cermony) they could loose their footing & fall and that would be bad.
  • My concern would be for the environment.  If it's an outdoor wedding, I guarantee birds will think those sequins are food and try to eat them.  It may look pretty, but it's not very practical.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Please don't use glitter. That shit is annoying. I'm still vacuuming glitter from Christmas cards.

• Please don't use glitter. That shit is annoying. I'm still vacuuming glitter from Christmas cards.

my fiance and i hate glitter. gets everywhere and never goes away. i said sequins. 
  • Don't use sequin for an outdoor wedding. The birds will try to eat it.

my fiance and i hate glitter. gets everywhere and never goes away. i said sequins. 
    The problem is that they're very similar.   DD does art project all the time and I still find random pieces in the bathroom....and the living room...and her bedroom...and the kitchen floor.
  • Glitter sealant or modge podge over the items where glitter may fall works awesome. I wanted to use glitter on some wedding items and also didn't want to make a glitter mess. I can rub my fingers over the items I've glittered with no glitter falling off.

• banana468 said:

Please don't use glitter. That shit is annoying. I'm still vacuuming glitter from Christmas cards.

The problem is that they're very similar.   DD does art project all the time and I still find random pieces in the bathroom....and the living room...and her bedroom...and the kitchen floor.
    I agree with this. It would be a disaster to clean up inside and even more of a disaster outside. It would look very pretty but it sadly isn't too practical. I would also worry about little animals trying to eat them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards