Not Engaged Yet

Friday!

2»

Re: Friday!

• @beanbot2002 - ZOMGGGGGGG I AM SO EXCITED! @peekaboo2011 is under strict orders to send me as many pics as possible! Have an amazing time and try on EVERYTHING! 

@hummingbird125 - Eeeeek! I can't wait to see you in your dress all done up! Almost as much as I can't wait to see your face in 2 weeks from today. 

@LaPeanut1018 - I soooooo hope you go to the NY wedding so I can invite myself to wherever you are :)

@peekaboo2011 - Busy bee! Have fun with all that upholstering and backwards upholstering. Sounds miserable. 

@GoldenPenguin - TWO FREAKIN WEEKS, YO! 

@Dignity100 - Ahhhh I was really shocked by the death at the end of the mid-season finale. REALLY shocked. I didn't see that coming at all. 

@KeptInStitches - Pretty colors! I think any of them will look great with the black and white. I honestly don't think I would necessarily think of anything since the colors will be on a wedding invitation (I'm guessing the paper is white and the text is black?) but since you asked: 

Orange/black: Philadephia Flyers 
    Yellow/black: Bees
    Purple/black: Hmmm if it's a dark purple then I think goth, if it's light then nothing comes to mind
    Teal/black: Nothing I can think of

• @eilis1228 - Your mom is in my thoughts! I hope she takes your advice and goes to the doctor. It can't hurt and that definitely sounds uncomfortable. 

• @lmcooper86 - Your china is gorgeous! I love love love it. 

• @eilis1228 - Your mom should definately go in.  Asthma isn't something to triffle with...I've ended up with a cold with asthma that turned into lung collapse.  She should go in.
  • @Swazzle - is it just me or since David coming back does the show seem a little 'Off' ?  With the mid-season death - this season I didn't think that character just was jiving with the show (from the very beginning); I just think the writers didn't know what to do with them.

Anniversary
  • @swazzle @eilis1228- Right now I'm reading State of Wonder. I can't remember what else I have lined up after that, though!

RE: Revenge: @dignity100 - I just caught up as well. That show has totally gone off the rails, but I can't stop watching!

@beanbot2002 - I can't wait to see pics!

@hummingbird125 - Holy WR weekend! That all sounds like so much fun!

@goldenpenguin - Dinosaur BBQ is the bomb.com.

@eilis1228 - Aw, thinking of your mom and hoping she starts breathing better soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @eilis1228 - sending T&Ps for your mom; hopefully she'll seek help and get everything all under control. 

Anniversary
  • @swazzle and everyone else who's helped me without knowing what the invites look like, link to the invite. Sorry about the squinting, I'm kind of P&R right now and don't have time to look for a better one. I'm replacing the ribbon down the middle.
  • @eilis1228 your mom is in my thoughts!

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes - I'm actually just looking forward to getting away and spending some time with H.  Maybe that's my favorite part - getting away and not having to do anything; not having to drive, I don't take a laptop with me (but still have my phone) so I'm a little more disconnected.  I do have a list of things I hope to do while there this time though: Characters In Flight; Splitsville (maybe); I'm on the fence on Pick a Pearl; I also want to try a few snacks that they have in the parks too (Dole Whip and LeFou's Brews).  H can't go on all the rides, so I enjoy the ones we can do together.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 & @cu97tiger - I agree, this season definitely seems different from past seasons. They should probably wrap it up soon before it gets even more ridiculous hahahaha

@KeptInStitches - I think the purple or teal would look really, really pretty! I really think you could choose any of them except maybe the orange, it still would immediately make me think of the Flyers or Halloween. I wouldn't think bumble bee if you used the yellow. 

@TwoDimes - What are you watching on Netflix? Have fun at the rodeo! I've never been to one either. 

• TwoDimes said:
    @dignity100, ok, I feel better. It is still football season, after all. Not to mention that by the time the invites go out it will be late February ... okay, NEY, color associations late February:

Orange-black
    Yellow-black
    Purple-black
    Teal-black

Go!
    @keptinstitches

Orange-black: tigers or Halloween
    Yellow-black: Iowa Hawkeyes; I love these two colors together! (not sure if that's due to my association or not though...)
    Purple-black: regal, richness
    Teal-black: I don't have much associated with this color combination, but I do think the two colors would look really good together!

@KeptInStitches - These were the words that were on the tip of my tongue that I just could not think of! Purple and black seems very elegant. The teal and black combo has the same effect, but cooler, more laid back, like "Yeah, that looks awesome and I didn't even try to make it that way; what of it?"

@Swazzle - Thanks! I love that it's very neutral but not boring or super girly or fussy. And I love that FI did not care what I picked lol

@eilis1228 - Honestly, I just want to know who bought the damn cat apron that FI put on our registry. Someone bought it months ago and I suspect it was my mom or my sister but they're both denying it tooth and nail. Stupid cat apron. It's driving me crazy, if I don't get it this weekend I think I might go insane wondering who bought it. I also don't know why someone bought the apron and not the over mitts that FI so thoughtfully added. #goof

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 I can't wait to hear about the shower and who bought you the apron.  Could it be your FI?

Anniversary

• @twodimes - I LOVE House of Cards, but DH was not a fan. Did you like West Wing? I mean, HoC is a lot darker, but they have some similarities (well-written political dramas).

• @TwoDimes- Like @cu97tiger, I really love House of Cards. I have to finish season 2 ASAP because season 3 will be available so soon! Kevin Spacey is one of my all-time favorites. 

@lmcooper86 - That's exactly the style I wanted too! THIS is our china. It was a gift from my BMs and I can't wait to have a china cabinet or something for the dining room so I can finally see how pretty it is all the time. 

• @swazzle I love your china so pretty!

Anniversary

• Thanks for the T&P everyone! 

• I confess I haven't read through everyone's posts yet, but minskat30, if you live near a WalMart, they sell a gluten free pasta called HeartLand. It's rice based and SO GOOD. I've served it to non-gf guests and not one can tell the difference. The new Barilla GF pasta is supposedly the same formula, buy I haven't tried it yet, particularly because it's so much cheaper at WallyWorld.
  • @Peaseblossom55 - I did not even think of that...I doubt it was him, but that would be hilarious!

@Swazzle - PRETTY! I really like that. Our china is the gift from FI's brother and sister. The deal is FI and his brother bought their sister's place settings, his brother and sister (and her husband, I assume) are buying ours, and his sister and us will buy his brother's when he gets married. FMIL is amazing at finding deals, she got the place settings and bowls for about 1/3 of the regular price.

@eilis1228 - I am terrible, I forgot to mention your mom. I hope you can convince her to go see the doctor. I've had asthma my whole life and her not seeing someone about her consistent breathing problems is not a good idea. Lots of prayers for her, I hope she's alright.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 ha ha please update us on Monday!! I only asked if it was your FI because it's something my H would totally have done.

Anniversary

• @swazzle - I have my grandmothers (or great-grandmothers?) china and it looks very similar to that, except the edging is in a beautiful shade of green. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it tonight!

• @LaPeanut1018 Upstate NY is beautiful in July! While flying would be quicker, driving through the Catskills and Adirondacks is amazing! I could definitely give you some things to see, either along the way driving or in the area, if you let me know where it is! 

@eilis1228 your mother is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she goes and sees a doctor soon! 

@southernpeach89 good luck with your 5k this weekend! 

@beanbot2002 yay for dress shopping!!!!!!

Sorry that I have been a little MIA this week, work has been busy and I have started to venture to other boards, but I promise to always come back to you ladies :). I had many late night meetings with China this week, and nothing else really going on here. 

I'm so upset because my ring was apparently ready on Monday and the jeweler called FI and left a voicemail on his phone, but FI never got the call or voicemail. His phone is really acting up and I think we need to go get him a new one this weekend. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up my ring because the jeweler is closed. At least I get it back tomorrow though, and now it should fit me properly. 

I think we are just going to have a relaxing night in tonight, and then go get my ring tomorrow, bring FI's motorcycle in for service, and look for a new phone for him. We also have tentative plans to meet up with our friends here in SD to exchange Christmas gifts (yes....we are terrible at meeting up!). 

Also, the girl who I dropped out as a bridesmaid for did apologize to me, but I haven't responded and am having some trouble coming up with a good response to her. She wants to call me this weekend and talk things out too. The apology was basically "I'm so sorry for making you feel uncomfortable, and I am trying to work out the hair and makeup situation still so that you can be a part of my wedding." While I appreciate that she understands how she did make others feel, it didn't at all address the fact that she seems to care more about having a perfect wedding then having friends at the end of this. I want to tell her something like "I don't want to be a part of your wedding, whether or not we remain friends. I don't have the means to pay for your shower and other things that you are requiring." But I am not sure if that's the best way to put it? It's hard because I am good friends with the groom and don't want to be the cause of drama when she is trying to apologize, but I don't know how to say how I feel without her getting upset. I guess I just feel like we should work on repairing our friendship and keep anything wedding related out of it, but don't know how to convey that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards