Chit Chat

What to know before TTC

2»

Re: What to know before TTC

• l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    l9i said:
    mrsdee15 said:
    Thank you! I feel like no matter how much I read about fertility and pregnancy, there's still a ton out there I haven't even thought about.

This.  I feel so clueless :/  My friend is expecting right now and I'm hoping she'll give me the need to know after all is done.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.
    3 of my 4 sisters and most of my friends have had kids already, so I've heard a lot. :)

Yeah, I'm at the beginning of this where people are just starting to have kids.  It's a whole new world to me!
  • Also, you should NOT go to Web MD for every symptom you have during pregnancy or you'll be thinking the absolute worst every time. 
  • And do not browse any books on birth defects, or websites.
  • l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    banana468 said:
    Also, you should NOT go to Web MD for every symptom you have during pregnancy or you'll be thinking the absolute worst every time. 

This so much.  I've learned from this.  For anything do not go to Web MD.  I could have a paper cut and it would convince me I'm dying
  • You should generally not go to WebMD for anything unless you want to be told you have cancer of the (whatever's hurting).

• I know everyones insurance is different, but i really strongly suggest you call your insurance and ask if they require you to pre -register with the hospital.

I have blue cross, blue shield and I was require to call the hospital and pre register. So that way when I went into labor all I had to do was walk in the door and give my name. My pre-reistration gave them all the information the hospital could possibly need ahead of time)

If I did not pre-register, I would be charged $500. Even worse, I was register to deliver on my due date. But I didnt deliver on my due date, so I had to call the insurance company within 48 hours of being admitted to change my registration information or they would still charge me $500.

I also didnt get any bills for my pregnancy/ delivery/ NICU stay until everything was done. So its better to talk to your insurance and know what to expect than to be surprised.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

I know everyones insurance is different, but i really strongly suggest you call your insurance and ask if they require you to pre -register with the hospital.

I have blue cross, blue shield and I was require to call the hospital and pre register. So that way when I went into labor all I had to do was walk in the door and give my name. My pre-reistration gave them all the information the hospital could possibly need ahead of time)

If I did not pre-register, I would be charged $500. Even worse, I was register to deliver on my due date. But I didnt deliver on my due date, so I had to call the insurance company within 48 hours of being admitted to change my registration information or they would still charge me $500.

I also didnt get any bills for my pregnancy/ delivery/ NICU stay until everything was done. So its better to talk to your insurance and know what to expect than to be surprised.

This is how mine works as well, whereas my sister pays for all her prenatal appointments and then the delivery is covered.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards