Chit Chat
Options

What's the best chapstick?

My lips have been outrageously chapped as of late & none of my normal chapsticks have done a thing. I used to use Blistex & would switch to Burt's Bees when things got really bad, but neither of those are helping. I've also tried Baby Lips by Maybelline & Softlips, but still nothing. 

Help! What do you ladies use that really works?

Re: What's the best chapstick?

• Options
    Aloe Gator!! We swear by this stuff and just bought a case of it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like EOS chapstick (the egg looking one), but the best chapstick I've ever gotten though is this (<--clicky). It works better than anything I've ever used and has all natural ingredients. At night though, I always put coconut oil on my lips. It makes a huge difference. It's not something you'd want to carry around, but it helps in the long run. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I like the bite beauty agave lip mask.  It's very thick so I only put it on before I go to bed.  When I wake up it's like my lips are brand new.  Its a little pricey, ($23) but a little goes a long way and it lasts forever.  I've had mine for almost a year now and I'm going to get a back up this weekend when I stop at Sephora.

During the day at work I really like nivea's lip butter.

I have severely dry lips, so regular chapstick won't cut it for me.

• Options
    The Burt's Bees honey kind. None of the others. Has to be honey.

• Options
    This is the absolute only thing that works for me. Plus they make a cherry-flavored one I like.

http://www.vaseline.us/product/lip-therapy/advanced.html

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Rose Salve by c.o. Bigelow. It's like pretty and good smelling Vaseline. It's amazing.

I feel more dry when I use those eos things
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Burt's Bees with pomegranate oil

• Options
    I'm obsessed with Blistex. I think I became addicted to it because I would need to apply it every hour. At least. I know use Classic Chaptstick and it's great. Less addictive.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Old fashioned Carmex is my standby. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I love the Blistex Complete Moisture kind. That stuff is amazing. I also keep a little pot of Carmex at work.
  • Options
    i have been using eos vanilla mint (love it). i over the summer was using bossum buddy stuff from pure romance. i loved it but ended up leaving it at my FI's months ago and just now realizing it. 

i technically use anything that smells good and makes my lips smooth and that FI likes the scent of
  • Options
    Try a sugar scrub on your lips (one specifically meant for lips) to help clear out the dead skin first. Then try something with Shea butter. You can also put pure aloe oil, olive oil, or coconut oil on your lips. (I think shea butter and aloe work the best) 

Sometimes when my lips are really chapped, I get way better results from lip gloss than I do from chapstick. Something about the stickyness of it or the oil in it or something just seems to do the trick. 
  • Options
    Right now I'm using Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning. I like it because unlike a lot of other chapsticks I've used, it actually keeps my lips feeling good for a decent amount of time. Pretty sure most of them are designed to make you feel good for like two seconds before you need to reapply, to keep us addicted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Also, do any of the ones you've used have SPF? If not maybe consider trying one that does. Your lips might be getting sunburnt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Chapstick Original. No scents, no flavors, no colors, just total healing power. That stuff is my jam for super chapped lips.

When my lips aren't so chapped, but I just want to use some chapstick, I like Burt's. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Also, do any of the ones you've used have SPF? If not maybe consider trying one that does. Your lips might be getting sunburnt.
    i second this. i have had it happen and it sucks.
  • Options

I will use any old chapstick day to day, but if you need a hardcore cracked lips bleeding sorta healing chapstick, then use Carmex. It's the only thing that I use when I get dry cracked lips. Just keep slathering it on (and watch what you drink or eat, because it tastes terrible). It's like medicine for my lips.

• Options
    Rose Salve by c.o. Bigelow. It's my holy grail lip product for sure. Pair it with elf's exfoliating lIP treatment.

I've tried like ever chapstick out there. I also like eos and Burt's Bees but Rose Salve is amazing. It also comes in like a strawberry flavor if you're not into the rose smell.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Aquaphor is the only thing better than Burt's Bees original (BB's flavors are crap)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Aquaphor by a landslide. . . . you can put it on at night before bed and your lips are still soft in the morning.  I am obsessed.  The downside, it sticks to drinking glasses just about as well as it sticks to lips!  It's tough to scrub off of them.
  • Options

I will use any old chapstick day to day, but if you need a hardcore cracked lips bleeding sorta healing chapstick, then use Carmex. It's the only thing that I use when I get dry cracked lips. Just keep slathering it on (and watch what you drink or eat, because it tastes terrible). It's like medicine for my lips.

QFT. I had a period in college where my lips were chapped constantly and HURT. Carmex was the only thing that helped.
  • Options
    I love the rose salve too. I tend to use it only when my lips are in awful shape. Otherwise, I'm like Lynda- whatever's on hand is my favorite.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Babylips and Burts Bees make my lips even drier for some reason!

To help chapped lips nothing beats the Blistex in the dark blue pot, I think it's called the lip medex.

For regular "keep my lips soft" stuff I love the Nivea Lip Butters!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    Vaseline lip therapy works well for me... by which I mean it's only a dollar so I don't feel like an irresponsible awful creature when I lose it, hahaha. I swore by Carmex for a long time but it got to where I couldn't stand the taste any more so I quit with it. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

To help chapped lips nothing beats the Blistex in the dark blue pot, I think it's called the lip medex.

What's your favorite of the lip butters?  @lovegood90 ? I love the vanilla macadamia one so much I haven't branched out to the other flavors.
  • Options

What's your favorite of the lip butters?  @lovegood90 ? I love the vanilla macadamia one so much I haven't branched out to the other flavors.
    Haha, I'm in the SAME boat! That's the only one I've tried. I can only ever find that one or the original in stores. I really want to try the raspberry one though.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I think it's technically for men, but my hands down favorite is Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm. All of the flavors (scents?) I've tried are great, although the plain old shea butter one worked best to help heal my chapped lips earlier this week. Plus they have SPF 25, which I love! I've always got at least two tubes in my purse.
  • Options
    I think I need to switch back to Carmex and/or regular Burt's Bees... 

I had really chapped lips last week so I thought I'd try something new. I bought Aquaphor and Blistex oitment. Sadly one (or both... I've been using them both in the same time period) gave me contact dermatitis on my lips so I had to go to the urgent care center and get prednisone this morning :(
  • Options
    Original chapstick is really the only thing that works. I've tried burts bees, and EOS, and and that other froufrou crap. NOPE.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards