Chit Chat

What's the best chapstick?

2»

Re: What's the best chapstick?

• Plain old Vaseline ( white petroleum jelly.)
  • Nivea's lip balm has worked wonders for me. It's not waxy or heavy at all.
    Anniversary
  • I'm also a Smith's Rosebud Salve girl.  Great for chapped lips!  I also rub it in to dry skin patches or small cuts.  Both seem to heal faster. 
  • I am a big fan of Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick. SPF 15 and it makes my lips smell like chocolate.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Nivea's lip balm has worked wonders for me. It's not waxy or heavy at all.
     Yep - that's what I'm currently using and love it.

I also loooooove this one from Pangea Organics, but it's hard to find (and expensive).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Inkdancer said:

I am a big fan of Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick. SPF 15 and it makes my lips smell like chocolate.

I forgot about that! I used to use it all the time, though I probably used more of it on my elbows.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited January 2015
    The only thing I have ever used that worked is potted lip butters from The Body Shop.  I have them in coconut, mango, and my favorite pink grapefruit.  They are not waxy (which I find tears apart dry chapped lips).  If I put it on my lips at night, my lips are moisturized by morning. (benefit: they smell amazing and are long-lasting).  (pitfall: they come in tubs, so you either need a lip brush or really short nails) . I have a retractable lip brush from MAC that works wonders and stays clean.
  • Vaseline Rosy Lips (rose and almond oils with vaseline). :) It's a UK product, though, and I'm not sure if it's easy to get in the states.

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• My favorite lip balm is Neutrogena's Norwegian formula. That stuff was amazing. I think I got it at Ulta. Lost it tho. Miss it.

I picked up a tube of burt's bees ultra conditioning with kokum butter recently. The only thing that's 'ultra' about it, is that it's ultra shitty. It feels like it just sits on the top layer of your lips, doesn't make them softer at all, and wears off within 15 minutes or so.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I'm 8 and I still love Lip Smackers.  I just can't find them anymore, so I'm sad.  I'm quite liking those EOS ones in the little egg thing, but they're terrible to keep in a pocket.  And since I don't use purses, I have no other options.  

I am also addicted.  I have one in every room, car, sports bag, desk, etc.  

• I also love Aquafor. Or coconut oil.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    I love Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy. You can get it at Sephora (CLICKY). It's pricey for chapstick ($25), but one normally lasts 4-5 months+ for me, and it was the only thing that helped me during the harsh winters in Northern NY when I was in college. I tried pretty much everything else listed in this thread and nothing worked as well for me as this one did. They also have tinted ones with SPF 15 in them that are a little cheaper, and I have a red tinted one that I love wearing to go out. 

ETA: I am normally pretty cost conscious and not one to buy extremely pricey makeup normally (love E.L.F. products!), but this is worth every penny to me to not have lips that hurt because they are so chapped.  

• I'm 8 and I still love Lip Smackers.  I just can't find them anymore, so I'm sad.  I'm quite liking those EOS ones in the little egg thing, but they're terrible to keep in a pocket.  And since I don't use purses, I have no other options.  

Amazon!

Another Nivea lip balm user here....I LOVE it!
  • I like Carmex.
  • JoanE2012 said:
    I'm 8 and I still love Lip Smackers.  I just can't find them anymore, so I'm sad.  I'm quite liking those EOS ones in the little egg thing, but they're terrible to keep in a pocket.  And since I don't use purses, I have no other options.  

Amazon!

Sweet, thanks.  I never think of Amazon as a place for anything other than books cos we never used to get other stuff up here.  I will check it out

• JoanE2012 said:
    I'm 8 and I still love Lip Smackers.  I just can't find them anymore, so I'm sad.  I'm quite liking those EOS ones in the little egg thing, but they're terrible to keep in a pocket.  And since I don't use purses, I have no other options.  

Amazon!

Sweet, thanks.  I never think of Amazon as a place for anything other than books cos we never used to get other stuff up here.  I will check it out
    They also have Lipsmackers at Walmart!

• Not at my Walmarts.  :(

• Burt's bees. And if my lips are really chapped, I put coconut oil or shea butter on then at night.
  • DH just surprised me with a "raspberry pomegranate" Eos! My lips have been so chapped recently, this was very thoughtful! I love the flavor and the satin feel!

image   image   image

• I love Aquaphor . I don't have to reapply it very often and really helps with chappy-ness

• Carmex. Everything else makes me break out. I buy the 3-packs and have a stash everywhere -- my desk at work, my purse, near my computer at home, my coat pocket, anywhere I spend a lot of time.
  • Another vote for rose salve. I think the vasoline ones are basically the same thing. I put it on every night and it really helps. It's the only thing that keeps my lips moisturized for more than an hour or so. I use the baby lips during the day.
    Anniversary

• Not at my Walmarts.  :(
    Ah, that stinks. At mine, they're a bit hidden. There's a section in the makeup aisle that's clearly marketed for young girls and "play" makeup. They're in there. Sometimes you can find them at Drugstores kind of hidden in the makeup aisle as well.

• Carmex. It.does wonders and its my go to before I prime and apply lipstick

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards