Favors

Beer glasses as favors

STPgirl88STPgirl88 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
edited January 2015 in Favors
Both my fiance and I are big beer drinkers. His cousin who is a graphic designer is doing all of our invites, save the dates, table numbers... and she suggested doing a beer glass as the party favor, which I think is a very cool idea. My only concern is I don't really want them to say our name/wedding date on them. I am just not a huge fan of personalized favors.

Ideas for something else we could put on beer glasses to make them cool? 

Re: Beer glasses as favors

• I'd skip. I wouldn't take this favor, I'd leave it behind. What am I going to do with one mismatched beer glass that could get broken on my flight or drive home? When I was college-aged, I didn't care whether my glasses matched. Anything was better than a red solo cup. Now that I'm 30, I want things to match.
  • I think some people might enjoy beer as a favor more than a glass.  Have you thought of beer favors?  Is there a place where you can make your own beer and design your own labels?  Then your labels could be in the same design family and look pretty cool and you could have fun making the beer.

Normally I won't take a random glass when they are out as favors.  But if there was something cool on it like an outline of the state that the wedding is in I might take it.

• Why are you choosing your favors for your guests based on what the 2 of you enjoy?  This is supposed to be their thank you gift, so you should think about what they would enjoy. I would not take random beer glass, wine glass, coke glass or any other glass because I hate random stuff in my cupboard.  What about your guests who don't enjoy beer as much as you guys?  What would they do with a beer glass?

I really encourage you to stick to edible favors because they don't take up space in peoples' homes or collect dust.
  • Ditto PPs.  We have no need for 2 random beer glasses.   We have a complete set of matching glassware.
  • Better yet since you two love beer why not make or have someone make you a beer special for the wedding. That is wht we are planning to do. But you may need to check with your venue on that as liquor laws are tricky.
  • Unfortunately I don't have a cool idea for your beer glasses, but I do want to say that I think it's an awesome and unique idea! I'm not for traditional favors like flower seeds and candy (boring!). I noticed everyone on this discussion was encouraging you to do something different.. But I say that this YOUR wedding so you know what's best. Good luck and cool idea!
  • I'd appreciate a bottle opener more then a glass. Plus it has a better chance of making it home no broken.
  • JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I just don't have the need for it. I happily drink beer from a bottle or one of my regular glasses.

Donate pile it goes.
  • Unfortunately I don't have a cool idea for your beer glasses, but I do want to say that I think it's an awesome and unique idea! I'm not for traditional favors like flower seeds and candy (boring!). I noticed everyone on this discussion was encouraging you to do something different.. But I say that this YOUR wedding so you know what's best. Good luck and cool idea!
    Of course, but we're just telling her that 9 out of 10 will be left behind or trashed.  I know I wouldn't want that and I'd want to know ahead of time so I could instead pick a more crowd-pleasing favor.
  • Ditto PPs. I would rather have the beer than one random beer glass. I am not a beer drinker, and when my husband drinks beer, he prefers it in the bottle. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • JoanE2012 said:

Unfortunately I don't have a cool idea for your beer glasses, but I do want to say that I think it's an awesome and unique idea! I'm not for traditional favors like flower seeds and candy (boring!). I noticed everyone on this discussion was encouraging you to do something different.. But I say that this YOUR wedding so you know what's best. Good luck and cool idea!

Of course, but we're just telling her that 9 out of 10 will be left behind or trashed.  I know I wouldn't want that and I'd want to know ahead of time so I could instead pick a more crowd-pleasing favor.

I agree. I'd rather a "boring " favor like candy than one a lot of my guests won't use.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards