Chit Chat

Not to do on a first date (or ever really)

I love this radio segment where someone calls in and talks about this great date they just went on and they can't figure out why the other person hasn't asked them out again or is avoiding their messages. They call the other party and get their side of the story and it's always pretty hilarious.

Well this girl picked out a high end, expensive restaurant (@beethery STREGA!) and when their food arrived she took out a bottle of Windex from her purse and sprayed half the food because she's on a diet and doesn't have the self control to just not eat that half. The guy was like that's fucking crazy, I paid a lot for that meal and you're a crazy person who ruined it. Why didn't you just box it up?! The girl was like "I am not crazy! The Kardashians do that for their diets!". Clearly he declined the offer for a second date. I just can't believe the girl thought that was normal behavior. If that's what you need to do to diet in your own home with food you bought- whatever- knock yourself out. But at a fancy restaurant that someone you just met paid for?! NO.

Re: Not to do on a first date (or ever really)

• Well if the Kardashians do it then it is perfectly acceptable.

• They have a similar segment here, but I don't believe most of the crazy ass bullshit they talk about. It's pretty common for radio stations to hire actors for this stuff.
  • OMG I want to listen to this radio show so bad! That is hilarious! And that girl was really so baffled about not getting a second date? Really? 

If I were the guy I don't think I'd be as put off at the waste of money as I would be at the fact that this girl carries around chemicals and sprays them on food in public. WTF? 
  • Also I am now pressed as fuck with you for making me crave Strega.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• WTF. That's a hanging offense.

There are similar segments here - about why someone didn't get a second date, why their SO broke up with them, and the infamous War of the Roses to see if your spouse is cheating... the break-up ones ALWAYS sound totally fake, and it's a newer radio station so I know they're just trying to win listeners from the War of the Roses station.

True story though, some guy tried to take a picture of me on his phone on a first date. To send to his friends, to "prove how hot I was." Fucking NO, creeper. He also accused me of "stealing" his bread - you know, the whole loaf of free bread that comes to the whole damn table. I went to cut myself a slice and he was like "hey, that's mine." "What? No it's not, it's for the whole table." "No, it came with my meal. I get it every time I come here." "THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S FREE FOR EVERYONE DIPSHIT." He also insisted I try a bite of his salad, which I didn't want. If I wanted salad, I wouldn't have ordered soup. Fucking creep.

• jenna8984 said:
    @novella1186 There was one last week that had me dying. The guy was like "I'm sorry, I just can't deal with Uggs. I can't." And the girl was like "You seemed so nice, I thought you were different than all the jerks out there". And he goes "Nope, they all hated your Uggs too." hahahahha
    Wow that is amazing! lol I would have been dying!! 
  • FI and have a running joke between us called, "Shit I wouldn't do on a first date." 

It's usually thrown at him when he propositions me on the way to dinner. Or farts. 

Spraying Windex on your food would definitely qualify. 
  • @pinkcow13 what is that from? I always hear the reference but I don't think I've seen whatever it is

• jenna8984 said:
    @pinkcow13 what is that from? I always hear the reference but I don't think I've seen whatever it is
    My Big Fat Greek Wedding! The dad thought that you could spray windex on anything, even like cuts and stuff. And he went around spraying stuff the whole movie. 
  • @jenna8984 its from my big fat greek wedding
  • Oh. I'm that person, if I haven't seen a movie 18 times then it's like I never saw it. Don't remember a damn thing. (saw that one, have NO recollection of it).

• jenna8984 said:

Oh. I'm that person, if I haven't seen a movie 18 times then it's like I never saw it. Don't remember a damn thing. (saw that one, have NO recollection of it).

I must have seen this movie at least 18 times, it's one of my faves! No you need to go and re watch it!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• jenna8984 said:

Oh. I'm that person, if I haven't seen a movie 18 times then it's like I never saw it. Don't remember a damn thing. (saw that one, have NO recollection of it).

It's worth watching again just for the bridesmaids' dresses!
    Anniversary

• That just boggles my mind. Like, why would... how do you... you're an adult. Just don't.
  • To be fair--
    I interned at a couple radio stations in college, and one of those internships involved the morning show. They always had audience participation segments with the best of intentions, but if they didn't get any or enough good call-ins, they'd have the interns call in with various voice disguises to make shit up.

Either that's a real person who is batshit cray or it's a really creative intern who watches either/or the Kardashians / Greek Wedding. 

• I would be the idiot who forgets what part I sprayed the windex on and then eat it, and then have to tell the ER doctor what I did. 
  • I would be the idiot who forgets what part I sprayed the windex on and then eat it, and then have to tell the ER doctor what I did. 
    hahha right?! It's clear so the mac & cheese would still look delicious....I'd need something that looked disgusting. 

I'd so forget.

But I found out that if you ask real nice they'll usually box the food up before they bring it out. I mean, it's the less insane option of course, so if you wanna be a crazy pants, windex that shit.
  • Wow. I would definitely eat it. I wouldn't even forget, I'd just be like "Oh, fuck it!" 

But seriously, I can't believe she didn't realize that was a teensy bit nuts. 
  • WTF. That's a hanging offense.

There are similar segments here - about why someone didn't get a second date, why their SO broke up with them, and the infamous War of the Roses to see if your spouse is cheating... the break-up ones ALWAYS sound totally fake, and it's a newer radio station so I know they're just trying to win listeners from the War of the Roses station.

True story though, some guy tried to take a picture of me on his phone on a first date. To send to his friends, to "prove how hot I was." Fucking NO, creeper. He also accused me of "stealing" his bread - you know, the whole loaf of free bread that comes to the whole damn table. I went to cut myself a slice and he was like "hey, that's mine." "What? No it's not, it's for the whole table." "No, it came with my meal. I get it every time I come here." "THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S FREE FOR EVERYONE DIPSHIT." He also insisted I try a bite of his salad, which I didn't want. If I wanted salad, I wouldn't have ordered soup. Fucking creep.
    @lolo883, ohmygod. You said War of the Roses and I was instantly transported back to high school. We had open campus lunch for juniors/seniors and a good parking spot in the morning meant you could be one of the first cars out of the lot at lunchtime, so I'd show up like 40 minutes before school started and listen to Mojo in the Morning in my car.
  • You're right- That's totally a second date thing to do!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards