July 2012 Weddings

What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing?

Most annoying deal for me. I wear a size 10, have very narrow feet and for some reason not all flats fit me. Peep toes look ridiculous on me with my feet being so narrow because it looks like my toes just want to slide right on through the hole lol! I'd like to wear flats the day of but I'm a little worried about being uncomfortable in them because I get very annoyed wearing closed toe shoes for too long. Recently I thought about wearing sandals, like cute beach sandals but then I thought the first dance and F/D dance could get complicated wearing sandals.. mehh I hate shoe shopping.

What is everyone else doing for shoes? Whether it's high heel, low heel or flat doesn't matter. You can specify below if you'd like.. I'm also curious to see how many will be wearing high heels or flats the majority of the day. (reception dancing does not count for this poll if you're changing into flats, slippers or flip flops later)

Re: What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing?

• I wearing heals with a peep toe, I also hate shoe shopping I wear a 9.5 and have super wide feet.  I was super lucky to have found a pair that are comfortable and cute.  I wear them around my house now so i get use to them and break them in a little.
  • mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing peep toe, I'm a 9.5 and wide so it's always difficult shopping for fancy shoes! My feet just roll over the edges and it looks gross! Haha. I say wear whatever is the most comfortable for you, nobody is going to be staring at your feet :)
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm wearing blue glittery toms. I'm not a fan of heels and I want to be comfortable. Plus these are something I can wear after the wedding :)

TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • I am wearing 3 inch heels for the ceremony.  I found some size 9.5 Betsey Johnson shoes on eBay and snagged them for $21.00 so I couldn't resist! 

• Wow!! We all have some big feet, lol!  I thought I was alone in this.
  • I'm wearing Jimmy Choos that are tall but with a platform to compensate for the heel. I am used to wearing heels pretty much every day though because I'm 5' tall and need the height! I have a feeling my feet will be falling off by the end of the night though so I may actually bring my (old) glittery Steven Madden flats with me just in case. I wear them on my commute to work and they are the most comfortable flats I've owned (I usually agree about flats being really uncomfortable).

Jimmy Choos: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/jimmy-choo-clue-glitter-slingback-pump-nordstrom-exclusive/3026917?origin=category&resultback=1184

Steve Madden flats: http://www.6pm.com/steve-madden-p-heaven-gold-glitter
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree Penny! I'm glad to know I'm not alone either!! I go through hell shoe shopping here because most women are short and wear size 5! Can you imagine?! I always wait to go home and buy shoes.. not that that makes it any easier lol but oh well.

Bridetobe I'm looooving those Jimmy Choos! Very sexy! I envy you btw, I'm still trying to train myself to wear heels more often. Not working out so well hahaha
  • Nati, I've been wearing heels since I was like, 10 years old, which is the only reason I'm used to it. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_kind-of-shoes-planning-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:069a5546-d0e4-4855-b5bb-f8f073d8a311Post:c29e6776-570a-4719-b95a-faa7849193e7">Re: What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nati, I've been wearing heels since I was like, 10 years old, which is the only reason I'm used to it. :)
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Well you're very lucky lol! You know most schools here have uniforms and on certain days of the week all adolescents/ teenagers have to wear dress shoes.. meaning 1"-2" heels for girls. FI says they were always told the purpose is so that once they go out into the business world men aren't stiff in their suits and women aren't trying to walk in heels for the first time looking ridiculous at their first interviews. At first I thought how awful!, but really I'm so frickin jealous haha. If I had ever gone to one of these schools, I'd be an expert by now! Like every other woman around here. And you! ;-)
  • I'm a size 9.5/10 depending on the shoe, and I have bought a few pairs of shoes and still can't make up my mind on which ones to wear so I'm keeping them all. I figure I'll use them all for different wedding related functions or just when I get dressed up to go out. I have a pair of pumps that are amazing and are ivory with rhinestones all over them and a blue soul with I do in rhinestones again, but they're 4 inches. Then I have a pair of peep toe ivory shoes that are 3 inch heels and also have some rhinestones but not the pretty blue soul with I Do. And then I have a pair of purple that are more similar to a strappy sandal with a 3.5 inch heel. As well as 2 different pairs of sparkly flats, but flats always give me horrible blisters so I don't know if I'll wear them. Might just change into them at the end of the night if my feet can't take heels any more. I've been wearing the heels around my apartment while I do things so I get used to wearing them again and break them in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • I am wearing fuschia high heals I just need to find them :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_kind-of-shoes-planning-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:069a5546-d0e4-4855-b5bb-f8f073d8a311Post:cadc9645-eac3-4b45-8d72-acc7a8710e38">Re: What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am wearing fuschia high heals I just need to find them :)
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha! Very nice Lady lol GL on your shoe search!
  • I wear an 11.  I have my shoes already.  I am wearing a wedge flip flop for the ceremony and a flat flip flop for the reception.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm wearing gold flats. I have to wear flats all the time because I have serious knee problems. At 16 I was told I could never wear heels. So flats it is! Anyway, I was really worried about finding shoes because it is not always easy to find comfortable flats in the right colors (i.e. the gray ones I have been looking for) but I found my shoes by accudent one day at DSW and they match perfectly!

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for big feet! Glad I don't feel alone in this too!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For the wedding im wearing a peep to low heal but for the reception I am wearing ballet flats just for comfort.
  • I bought my shoes last month. I love them.

http://ninashoes.com/evelixa-red-rouge-luster-satin--14602

I found them on Amazon for $30.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_kind-of-shoes-planning-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:069a5546-d0e4-4855-b5bb-f8f073d8a311Post:c8d52ef9-5339-401b-b1f7-eafaffc4ff07">Re: What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!! We all have some big feet, lol!  I thought I was alone in this.
    Posted by penny12986[/QUOTE]

Me too! I wear a size 10 - and people are always like "Omgz - size 10??"

I'll  be wearing flats - one way or another. I haven't decided on flip-flops or open toe..or sandal or anything yet - because I don't have a dress yet.

I hate high-heels. Sooo uncomfortable and I feel wicked unsteady on them.

Wedges are okay - and a possibility depending on the dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't decided exactly what I want, but it will probably be a sandal with a small heel. I can't wear high heels for long periods of time so there's no way I'm wearing high ones on my wedding day. I already bought slippers for the reception to change into!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm wearing gold Kate Spade flat sandals...supercomfy and I don't have to worry about breaking ankles!  

Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • I'm thinking of wearing flip flops if I can't find any cute flats which I haven't yet.Yayy for big feet I agree! I'm a 9.5 with fat toes lol and can never find flats unless I get a 10 and then when I wear them in they are floppy
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • I saw some really cute wedges at David's Bridal that were comfy when I was trying on the dresses and I didn't fall over in them either!! I have size 8 feet but my feet are wide so I always have issues finding shoes as well! I'll probably bring some flats or flip flops for the reception to change into.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_kind-of-shoes-planning-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:069a5546-d0e4-4855-b5bb-f8f073d8a311Post:06199d27-2703-4407-a575-6038d88b8bd1">Re: What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm wearing Jimmy Choos that are tall but with a platform to compensate for the heel. I am used to wearing heels pretty much every day though because I'm 5' tall and need the height! I have a feeling my feet will be falling off by the end of the night though so I may actually bring my (old) glittery Steven Madden flats with me just in case. I wear them on my commute to work and they are the most comfortable flats I've owned (I usually agree about flats being really uncomfortable). Jimmy Choos: <a href="http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/jimmy-choo-clue-glitter-slingback-pump-nordstrom-exclusive/3026917?origin=category&resultback=1184" rel="nofollow">http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/jimmy-choo-clue-glitter-slingback-pump-nordstrom-exclusive/3026917?origin=category&resultback=1184</a> Steve Madden flats: <a href="http://www.6pm.com/steve-madden-p-heaven-gold-glitter" rel="nofollow">http://www.6pm.com/steve-madden-p-heaven-gold-glitter</a>
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

I loooooove the jimmy choos!!!!!! They are exactly what I'm looking for!!!
  • I normally where a 5.5 shoe size and have a very narrow heel so shoe shopping is not the easiest for me . I definitely want to get some sparkly heels though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_kind-of-shoes-planning-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:069a5546-d0e4-4855-b5bb-f8f073d8a311Post:fb2e4637-9674-4a7d-8e91-5eda2ec00fb4">Re: What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I normally where a 5.5 shoe size and have a very narrow heel so shoe shopping is not the easiest for me . I definitely want to get some sparkly heels though!
    Posted by shelby8020[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Choos tend to run pretty narrow, I thought, but then I had to size down, so what do I know! They are definitely more TTS than Manolos though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll be wearing my total $10.60 find =) 

• I said other just because I have NO CLUE! I have a zillion ideas, but I haven't narrowed it down yet. I figure I have til May to decide because that's when I'm getting my dress altered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • littlemoments I totally have those same purple shoes that you posted. :) I was thinking of wearing them, but my fiance doesn't like pointy toed shoes and now I have like 5 pairs and still can't make up my mind on which to wear. LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • ElinetrouwtElinetrouwt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_kind-of-shoes-planning-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:069a5546-d0e4-4855-b5bb-f8f073d8a311Post:543883bb-34d2-4022-968f-cb50250a64a2">Re: What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What kind of shoes are you planning on wearing? : Well you're very lucky lol! You know most schools here have uniforms and on certain days of the week all adolescents/ teenagers have to wear dress shoes.. meaning 1"-2" heels for girls. FI says they were always told the purpose is so that once they go out into the business world men aren't stiff in their suits and women aren't trying to walk in heels for the first time looking ridiculous at their first interviews. At first I thought how awful!, but really I'm so frickin jealous haha. If I had ever gone to one of these schools, I'd be an expert by now! Like every other woman around here. And you! ;-)
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

<div>I dunno... Heels aren't really good for you as long as you're still growing, I don't know if I'd be happy about my teenage daughter wearing heels. Although I guess you can't tell teenage daughters to stay away from the pretty shoes. I didn't wear heels until well into my twenties and I'm pretty used to it now. It's never too late to learn!</div><div>
    </div><div>I first have to decide on my dress :)</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards