New Jersey

Affordable Water/Lake Front Wedding Venue?

bridetobe6207bridetobe6207 member
Name Dropper First Comment
edited January 2015 in New Jersey
Hi - 

My fiancé and I are looking to get married (both ceremony and reception) at a venue with a view (meaning on water, preferably a lake/pond). The original plan was to have a destination wedding, but after the realization of the price and guest limitations, that idea was quickly scratched off the list. The hope is to have a "destination feel" wedding, while staying local in NJ. We fell in love with The Place on the Lake, but found that they were out of our price range. 

Ideally, we are looking to spend $130 a person, including taxes and fees. Any help you can give us is GREATLY appreciated! It is so overwhelming looking for places, and I can't seem to find what I am looking for!  

Thanks in advance!

Re: Affordable Water/Lake Front Wedding Venue?

• My friend was looking for something similar and found these. I don't know the prices though. Inn at Millrace Pond, Lake Valhalla Club, Lake Mohawk Country Club and the Indian Trail Club. Good luck!
  • Thank you so much these are great!
  • I'd highly recommend The Place on the Lake. It was gorgeous but out of our price range. range. It killed me to have to pass it up. Here's the website for it. http://theplaceonthelake.com/

Good luck!
  • Oh wow I completely didn't even see you wrote abut the Place on the Lake! So sorry! 
  • @bridetobe6207 I'm getting married at Lake Valhalla Club...check it out! 
  • Hahahaha my fiancé and I loved the Place on the Lake also! We had the same issue regarding price, so we are keeping our options open. Thanks for your input though @Chrissyf729!
  • We looked at the Indian Trail Club. It was really pretty and on the lake. I believe the pricing started at $135 ++ when we looked. The ballroom is not that big, though - I would say no more than 150 people.
  • I'm getting married at Rock Island Lake Club, in Sparta.  Love it there- brand new and gorgeous!  Prices are reasonable, too.  Might be a little higher than you stated, but the menu is so huge, you might be able to take some things out to knock down the price a little.

Good luck!
  • I got married at Rutgers Gardens. The reception space is on a lake, and the whole area is a fully working garden so gorgeous grounds. We also looked at Mountain Lakes House in Princeton which is located within a 90 acre nature preserve and has a lake behind the house. Both venues are located near major roads/highways (and lots of hotels) but they feel very secluded.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• A friend got married at the Mill in Spring Lake. They had planned to have their ceremony outside but unfortunately it rained that day. The indoor ceremony space still had a beautiful view of it though
  • Thank you so much everyone! All of these suggestions have been extremely helpful. I am arranging appointments to see them in person! 
  • I went to a wedding at the Lake Valhalla Club and it was wonderful. We had the entire place to ourselves. I don't know the exact price, but I know the couple was on a budget.
  • How about Garden Falls.
    I haven't been myself, but this gem was created and is maintained by a landscaper. It seems like it will give you the destination-wedding feel you are looking for. It would hurt to give it a shot :-)

http://www.gardenfalls.com/about_us.html

~ K

• Hi there!
    My fiancé and I are having our ceremony and reception at the Oyster Point Hotel in Red Bank. It overlooks the Navesink River and is absolutely beautiful. We are on a extremely tight budget and found that their package prices are extremely reasonable. Definitely check it out and good luck with your search! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards