Flowers

Need opinions about my centerpieces...

So I went to pick out my centerpieces today and have now come home with a big decision on my shoulders.  I am having a banquet hall wedding and my centerpieces are included.  I can use roses, white cala lilies, or mini orchids.  Because my wedding colors are navy and orange I chose orange rose centerpieces.  Everything was great until the coordinator showed me what the centerpiece would look like.  It has maybe 8-12 roses and the rest is leaves/greenery and baby's breath to fatten it up.  So I asked her how much it would be to do ALL rose centerpieces (like a ball kind of) and she said it is $65 more per table.  At 10 tables that makes it $650.  I technically have room in my budget but I could also use the money for other things so I am really torn on what to do and would love all your opinions.

Thanks! 

Re: Need opinions about my centerpieces...

• To be honest with you, most people are not going to remember your centerpieces.  And no one is going to thumb their nose up at you having baby's breath instead of more roses.  I think you'd be better off spending the money elsewhere.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ajisailoveajisailove member
    First Comment
    edited January 2015
    I technically have room in my budget but I could also use the money for other things so I am really torn on what to do and would love all your opinions.

Thanks! 
    I am just like you, I am trying my hardest to go as low as possible on different areas of my budget so if I find something I really like that's over, I can just shift the funds over to that part :) I do agree with the above post in that you're better off spending the money on other things, because hidden costs do pop up (tax and gratuity are big ones for me). I see that you're only 2 months away from your wedding, so am I correct in assuming you're almost done with most of the big payments? In that case, you could probably get what you'd like. Personally for me, I'm not a fan of just having all the same flowers and sizes in a bouquet/decoration, but with the banquet hall setting it seems very appropriate and elegant. Try seeing how it looks with just baby's breath or perhaps mixing it with the other flower options they have. If you really don't like any of them, then "splurge" a little and get what you want. Ultimately, the guests aren't going to care if it's all roses or not. Oh, are they going to be taking home the centerpieces? Because then you're spending a lot of money on things you won't even get to keep. 

Best of luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I technically have room in my budget but I could also use the money for other things so I am really torn on what to do and would love all your opinions.

Thanks! 
    I am just like you, I am trying my hardest to go as low as possible on different areas of my budget so if I find something I really like that's over, I can just shift the funds over to that part :) I do agree with the above post in that you're better off spending the money on other things, because hidden costs do pop up (tax and gratuity are big ones for me). I see that you're only 2 months away from your wedding, so am I correct in assuming you're almost done with most of the big payments? In that case, you could probably get what you'd like. Personally for me, I'm not a fan of just having all the same flowers and sizes in a bouquet/decoration, but with the banquet hall setting it seems very appropriate and elegant. Try seeing how it looks with just baby's breath or perhaps mixing it with the other flower options they have. If you really don't like any of them, then "splurge" a little and get what you want. Ultimately, the guests aren't going to care if it's all roses or not. Oh, are they going to be taking home the centerpieces? Because then you're spending a lot of money on things you won't even get to keep. 

Best of luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

thanks so much for your response and to answer your question, yes the guests will probably take them home.  which now that i think about it, it seems crazy to spend $65 on them to then give them away.  i'm trying to find out if i can use hydrangeas instead of more roses and maybe it'll come out cheaper?  either way i think i am convinced that $65 per table is too much.
  • Hi---Not sure if it is an option for you or if you have someone creative in your family. I planned a banquet last year and ordered roses from Global Roses (they have all kinds of flowers). They were amazing! So my mom and her sisters are going to do the centerpieces Friday evening....wedding is Sunday morning. I bought the square vases at a floral wholesale store in my area.

Here is a photo of what I did for the banquet....the will be just like this minus the baby's breath and coral (peachie) roses.

I agree with not wanting to spend a lot on them....we are taking them to the Veterans hospital after the wedding....and 99% of people really don't remember
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards