Wedding Invitations & Paper

"Together with their families" - wording that doesn't have couples' names right at the top?

The wording I have right now for our invites is:

Together with their families
KeptInStitches
and
KeptInStitches's FI
Request the honor of your presence
As they are united in marriage
Saturday, the twenty-fifth of April
[time] in the afternoon (TBD after discussion with officiant - we know late, we're just not sure when)
Place
Address
City, State

On the card, this has our names pretty high up on it. A more conventional wording listing my parents would improve this aesthetically, but for a number of reasons that doesn't work well. Can anyone give me some advice to get a line or two more above our names, or am I overthinking this?

Re: "Together with their families" - wording that doesn't have couples' names right at the top?

• The wording I have right now for our invites is:

KeptInStitches
    and
    KeptInStitches's FI
    [time] in the afternoon (TBD after discussion with officiant - we know late, we're just not sure when)
    Place
    Address
    City, State

On the card, this has our names pretty high up on it. A more conventional wording listing my parents would improve this aesthetically, but for a number of reasons that doesn't work well. Can anyone give me some advice to get a line or two more above our names, or am I overthinking this?
    Well, if this is your biggest wedding planning conundrum, you're doing great! You're overthinking it. It's perfect and millions of couples, myself included, use that same wording in the same style.

KeptInStitches
    and
    KeptInStitches's FI
    Place
    Address
    City, State

Well, if this is your biggest wedding planning conundrum, you're doing great! You're overthinking it. It's perfect and millions of couples, myself included, use that same wording in the same style.
    Oh lord I wish this was the biggest conundrum ... this is just the one I'm fixating on. Invites have been a bane since I started actually trying to put them together. And all my considerable obsessive powers are pointing right at them.

KeptInStitches
    and
    KeptInStitches's FI
    Place
    Address
    City, State

Oh lord I wish this was the biggest conundrum ... this is just the one I'm fixating on. Invites have been a bane since I started actually trying to put them together. And all my considerable obsessive powers are pointing right at them.
    Haha, time to find something else to fixate on. Like cake flavors. And go taste them all :)

KeptInStitches
    and
    KeptInStitches's FI
    Place
    Address
    City, State

Haha, time to find something else to fixate on. Like cake flavors. And go taste them all :)
    But I already did! And the three we picked out are phenomenal - amaretto with caramel filling, pink champagne with raspberry mousse filling, and chocolate with chocolate mousse filling.
  • Is there any way for you to include a design, such as a motif or monogram or the like on the top to move the text down? That's how I designed mine in order to make them more centered.

KeptInStitches
    and
    KeptInStitches's FI
    Rrequest the honor of your presence
    Aas they are united in marriage
    Place
    Address
    City, State

Hey KeptInStitches! 

I think you're overthinking. If you want to move the names down, you could pick invitations that have a design up top or insert a monogram or some other/custom design. But the wording is fine. I fixed a couple finicky things though. :) 
    *********************************************************************************

KeptInStitches
    and
    KeptInStitches's FI
    Rrequest the honor of your presence
    Aas they are united in marriage
    Place
    Address
    City, State

Hey KeptInStitches! 

I think you're overthinking. If you want to move the names down, you could pick invitations that have a design up top or insert a monogram or some other/custom design. But the wording is fine. I fixed a couple finicky things though. :) 
    Hey @southernbelle0915! I've been hiding over on NEY - new job and dissertation cut down on knotting time generally. The capitals were correct on my template - I just can't type. Question on the time wording: what is correct, say for 4:30 PM? For 4 PM?
  • Hey @southernbelle0915! I've been hiding over on NEY - new job and dissertation cut down on knotting time generally. The capitals were correct on my template - I just can't type. Question on the time wording: what is correct, say for 4:30 PM? For 4 PM?
    Ahh, I see - well yay for the new job! And yay for making progress on the dissertation! All the good vibes for seeing light at the end of the tunnel! 

You'd say "at half after 4 o'clock" or "at 4 o'clock". There's no need for "in the afternoon" since no one is going to show up at 4am. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Together with their families
    KeptInStitches
    and
    KeptInStitches's FI
    request the honor of your presence
    as they are united in marriage
    Place
    Address
    City, State

Do not capitalize "request" and "as".

Here is an alternative wording that does not specify a host        ;

The pleasure of your company is requested
    at the marriage of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    Saturday, the twenty-fifth of April (etc.)

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @cmgragain, thanks for the notes. The capitals were correct on my template and I have no ability to copy/paste from one to the other. It is sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards