Attire & Accessories Forum

What are your wedding colors? What is your theme?

We are having an apple themed wedding. 
Our colors are going to be red, brown with accents of a granny smith green.

Re: What are your wedding colors? What is your theme?

• Ooh fun :smiley: We are having a shabby chic winery wedding colors: grey, yellow and mint
  • Sounds so pretty. When's the big day?
  • Mine were gray and purple..no theme :) 
  • dvdplayer said:

Sounds so pretty. When's the big day?

August 7th!! When is yours??
  • Fall 2016. Not technically engaged yet, but we have talked about it extensively 
  • We are having a modern cityscape wedding. Colors: white, grey, and a hint of Tiffany blue  
  • No theme, no colours. Not my thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We mostly have a theme because it's been a theme in our relationship.  On our first date he brought me an apple pie that he'd made.  And we go apple picking every fall together.  
  • augbride87augbride87 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    dvdplayer said:

We mostly have a theme because it's been a theme in our relationship.  On our first date he brought me an apple pie that he'd made.  And we go apple picking every fall together.  

That's sweet:)
  • Navy, ivory and Kermit green. The theme was wedding :)
    *********************************************************************************

• dvdplayer said:
    Fall 2016. Not technically engaged yet, but we have talked about it extensively 
    If you're planning a wedding, you're engaged. Congrats! 

Our colors are navy + yellow, and the theme is getting married. 
  • Black with possibly some ivory or burgundy. No theme besides "wedding". I would like a midcentury retro "vibe", but that's how my FH and I style our house so it makes sense that we would style our reception that way too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Coral & gold! No theme
    --

• Gray and red..halloween
  • That sounds fun (and healthy)! Our colors are green, yellow and white and our theme is Spring, I guess; since we are getting married in the spring.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bridesmaids are wearing navy. No real theme, but our venue is an early-1900s era mansion and we're getting married in the summer. We're incorporating a lot of gold and silver and pinks - whatever flows with the vintage-y look of the venue and the time of year.
  • Our colors are white, blush pink, and a little bit of gold with a bunch of other pale greens and whatnot mixed in. I don't care much about having a strict color scheme. If some blue or yellow gets in there, cool. 

Our "theme" is just us. Not to sound cheesey, but everything we've chosen for our wedding will kind of tell our story; I stamped little gold ladybugs on the STD envelopes because FI calls me ladybug. There was a hot air balloon on the back of the STD and a vintage hot air balloon on the wedding invite because our whole relationship is "adventures forever"-- we travel a lot together and traveled a lot before we even met each other, and we love to explore and find new places and interesting stuff. So we'll also using some vintage maps at our wedding. And so on. 
  • @novella1186 I'm such a sucker for vintage maps... I bet that'll look beautiful!
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    @novella1186 I'm such a sucker for vintage maps... I bet that'll look beautiful!
    lol so am I! We've had one hanging in our office for a couple years and FSIL copied us and got the same one to put in her house (super flattering to me, because her house is PERFECT and she has really good taste). So we were like "hey let's do some maps at the wedding!" We're gonna dot all the places we've been to together. 
  • My theme is....wedding.

My colors are baby blue and celery green.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Blush, Ivory and Gold, and anything that goes with that.

• Teal, Brown and Fall colours.

Theme is wedding! haha. 

But if we had to put a label to it I would say that its 'Autumn with a hint of geekery' As we are incorporating a lot of fall colours and textures as well as some subtle nods to our geekiness (processional song - Concerning Hobbits, tardis cake topper, lego candy favours)
  • Our colors were navy blue and a deep red. No theme for us because most of the things we do aren't "weddingy", like our love of horror movies.
  • Ours is royal blue, purple and silver accent. 
    No theme but definitely repeated motifs--butterflies and our duogram/monogram
  • We did not have colors. We did in the beginning, but then ended up using them all. BM dresses were black with a purple, pink, white, ivory print. GMs wore purple bow ties with grey pants & suspenders. Our centerpieces were multicolored apples, greens, and florals. Our cake was white with yellow & purple fresh flowers. 

Our theme was AWESOMENESS. 
  • We're doing the trite colors of tiffany blue, coral and gray. But I own like 7 pieces of Tiffany's jewelry and I've been to the original Tiffany & Co so I'm alright with it :)

Theme: Getting married and getting waxassed.

• ElcaB said:

We did not have colors. We did in the beginning, but then ended up using them all. BM dresses were black with a purple, pink, white, ivory print. GMs wore purple bow ties with grey pants & suspenders. Our centerpieces were multicolored apples, greens, and florals. Our cake was white with yellow & purple fresh flowers. 

Our theme was AWESOMENESS. 
    Love your theme ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ours are navy blue and gold, because blue is his favourite color and gold because its fairly close to orange (my favourite colour) and sparkly. For a theme I guess it's just family-friendly fun, not sure if that counts! We're decorating with paper chains, (borrowed) fairy lights and DIYed Ikea lanterns, and that's it! Very simple. We're hoping to put family in the centre of the day, rather than the pretties and how well I can match center pieces to a theme :D
  • I should add it's also a Japanese theme to my wedding as he's Japanese.  We are incorporating several parts of his culture. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards