Chit Chat

Super Bowl Ad

Did anyone see/read this article about this super bowl ad?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/godaddycom%e2%80%99s-super-bowl-ad-yanked-after-being-blasted-by-puppy-lovers/ar-AA8EOEv

I'm glad that they removed it from the ad lineup.  Just seeing the clips of it on the today show were making me really sad. I love me some puppies :)

Re: Super Bowl Ad

• My husband said: "I never liked Danica Patrick, now I can't stand her". It's a terrible ad, what were they thinking?

• Did you see the budweiser one its mocking? Its completely ridiculous that I cried at it. But I did big time. I think it was extra bad because I just read such a terrible, terrible story about one of the Patriots and his dogs, but I did like the ugly cry at it. Even though its absurd haha.

I always hate the godaddy ones.

• teddygirl9teddygirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

So i havent seen it, but I just read the synopsis of it, and it doesnt sound that bad. There are legit breeders who sell dogs that aren't puppy mills.

eta - yes yes, all people should get from shelters. mine is, but I'm just sayin.

• So i havent seen it, but I just read the synopsis of it, and it doesnt sound that bad. There are legit breeders who sell dogs that aren't puppy mills.

eta - yes yes, all people should get from shelters. mine is, but I'm just sayin.

I watched the video and the problem was the lady (who sold the dog) just came across as greedy, the like puppy was just a paycheck to her. I didn't like it. The Bud one was adorable, though.

Did anyone see the earlier Budweiser commercial "Friends are Waiting"? It came out overthe summer. I was hysterical after that one. <clicky
  • Okay so honestly I feel like a terrible person but.... I laughed. I mean, I'm glad they pulled it because I think it was rather tasteless/tacky, but it was funny in that horrible, dark way that I guess I shouldn't really admit exists.
  • I didn't think it was that bad.
  • I didn't necessarily like it but to me, I didn't see the huge deal.

However, The Budweiser.commercial made me.ugly.cry at work. Budweisers commerciald always pull at my heart strings (at least the newer ones with he puppies)

I'm glad someone else agrees. I didn't think it was funny, but I certainly wasn't offended.
  • kat1114 said:
    I didn't think it was that bad.
    I'm glad someone else agrees. I didn't think it was funny, but I certainly wasn't offended.
    Yeah, I mean, I think it was kind of dumb. But was it OMG SO OFFENSIVE, let's petition it off the airOMG!? ...No.
  • I made a friend watch it and tell me exactly what happened because when I saw the uproar I was terrified a puppy was going to die in the commercial.

• So i havent seen it, but I just read the synopsis of it, and it doesnt sound that bad. There are legit breeders who sell dogs that aren't puppy mills.

I watched the video and the problem was the lady (who sold the dog) just came across as greedy, the like puppy was just a paycheck to her. I didn't like it. The Bud one was adorable, though.

Did anyone see the earlier Budweiser commercial "Friends are Waiting"? It came out overthe summer. I was hysterical after that one. <clicky
    THAT ONE MADE ME SO SAD. 

I haven't seen the GoDaddy ad - and I won't because anything that gets hype like that, I figure doesn't need one more view - but I hate GoDaddy's ad policies in general so I don't have a problem with them pulling one of their multitude stupid spots. One less stupid spot.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm old school.  It pisses me off that there are previews for ADS.    So ridiculous.

I did see the Budweiser one.  It made me cry.  But I'm still annoyed I saw it today and not for the first time during the SB.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • kat1114 said:
    I didn't think it was that bad.
    Yeah, I mean, I think it was kind of dumb. But was it OMG SO OFFENSIVE, let's petition it off the airOMG!? ...No.
    I'm more offended at how unfunny it is.  
    Anniversary

• I think it mostly got backlash from animal advocates and rescue groups. I think that the media hype was a bit much but I really disliked the ad. I know several knotties do rescue work and/or foster, myself included. and an ad like this aired to such a large audience is a huge step backwards for all the people who work so hard to advocate against and educate people on the horrors of puppy mills.

FWIW I have I am not against breeders that are responsible. I have four dogs, three rescues and my pug is from a reputable breeder. we did not buy her offline.
  • Seeing as how these breeders didn't even secure the puppies in the back of the truck, I wouldn't think they're being portrayed as responsible. Honestly, I think Go Daddy pushed the envelope like this HOPING for huge social media backlash. Any publicity is good publicity, or something to that effect.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @Cookie Pusher‌ I totally agree the ad did not portray the breeder as responsible. it was basically the perfect portrayal of a puppy mill breeder. so I think a lot of people saw it as them supporting puppy mills. and you are absolutely right people advocated to have it pulled but they still got a ton of publicity. lose lose situation.
  • apparently there is another commercial from some womens right group that is going to air during the super bowl and the commercial is all about the NFLs crappy response to domestic violence. I havent seen it yet just heard it on the radio
  • I guess my biggest thing too was I just didn't see the humor in it, and why they would think the majority of people would find it funny.  Idk... it just offended my soft puppy loving heart...

I have not seen the budweiser one yet...

I agree with this.  I mean it was in poor taste and they probably didn't really think it through, but does it really deserve the level of craziness it is getting?  Not so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards