Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording of invitation

I'm divorced. I've had my exes name for 31 years. That's how everyone knows me. My FI and I are hosting the whole thing. How would I pit my name on the invitation? I know I'm probably making it harder than it should be but I haven't done this in 31 years. Lol Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wording of invitation

• You could use only your first and middle name and your FI's full name. I feel like that's normal. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • You could use only your first and middle name and your FI's full name. I feel like that's normal. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

So something like this: Denise Marie and Xxx xxx xxx?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The pleasure of your company is requested
    at the marriage of
    Jane Ann Doe
    and
    John David Smith
    Day, date
    year
    time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State

You simply use your legal name.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    This is not possible if you are hosting your own wedding.  Just use your legal name.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thank you @CMGragain‌ so I should just use my first, middle and ex-husbands last name?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Denise40 said:
    Thank you @CMGragain‌ so I should just use my first, middle and ex-husbands last name?

------

Yes, if your ex- husbands last name is your legal last name.

I dont see what the big deal is. It has been your name for 30+ years. At some point doesnt the name stop belonging to your ex and start being part of your own identity.

And if you didnt like having your ex husbands last name as your own, why did you keep it for 30+ years?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CMGragain said:
    You could use only your first and middle name and your FI's full name. I feel like that's normal. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.
    This is not possible if you are hosting your own wedding.  Just use your legal name.
    Thanks - I knew you'd know! :) 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • KatWAG said:
    Denise40 said:
    Thank you @CMGragain‌ so I should just use my first, middle and ex-husbands last name?

------

I dont see what the big deal is. It has been your name for 30+ years. At some point doesnt the name stop belonging to your ex and start being part of your own identity.

And if you didnt like having your ex husbands last name as your own, why did you keep it for 30+ years?

I never said I didn't like his last name. I was just asking etiquette wise, if I needed to use my maiden name that's all. Thanks for your insight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Denise40 said:
    KatWAG said:
    Denise40 said:

------

I never said I didn't like his last name. I was just asking etiquette wise, if I needed to use my maiden name that's all. Thanks for your insight. 

---------

If you called yourself by your maiden name on your invites, I think the only people who would know who you are referring to, would be your parents.

30 years is a long time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you @KatWAG‌ that's true!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards