Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Opinions...too sad?

Hi!

I posted a discussion a few weeks ago saying that my fiance and I were having a hard time choosing a first dance song we both agreed on. He suggested 'Fix You' by Coldplay. I really do love the song, I'm just worried some people will think it's too sad sounding. To us the song means that we will be there for one another even at each other's worst, and always there to lift one another up. The other one we really like is 'Sparks' by Coldplay.  He said he could picture us dancing to either song on our anniversaries, and he is sooo not a romantic so that makes me feel like I should choose one of these two, because I want him to love the song that much, and not just agree on one I like because I like it. I don't want to ask my friends their opinion because I'm hoping to keep the first dance song a surprise. Sorry for rambling! :) Opinions??

Thanks!!

Re: Opinions...too sad?

• Options
    Fix You - sounds perfect.  (Play Sparks another time during dancing, or as the last slow dance, or even during dinner....)

This is your song you both love.  I was at a wedding a few weeks ago, and the band played "For the Good Times" and dedicated to the bride's grandparents for their 55th anniv.  It's their song.  The first lyrics "Don't look so sad, I know it's over"......  ;-) 

Your song is your song.  Go for it.....

• Options
    Love both those songs! I think either would be good for a first dance, but Sparks might be a little too slow.
  • Options
    pick a song you both love. We went with Jason Mraz - I won't give up. Part of the song it talks about giving each other space and then "And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
    For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn" we had a few people say "but it talks about the possibility of not making it and about the rough side of a relationship. To me it was like exactley, that is a marriage, we're taking each other for better and worse and are willing to stick out and through the bad times to try to make it work.
  • Options
    I love both of Those.  I would pick "fix you" over "sparks" for a first dance

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I won't give up was my first choice, but he didn't like it so much...so trying to decide on something we both like :)
  • Options
    Our first dance song is going to be "Love" by Sonata Arctica. When both of us listen to almost all metal, it's hard to find wedding songs we actually like, but I love that song and he said it would be perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards