California-Tahoe
Options

Help! Looking for a Great Location to get Married In Tahoe...time's running out!

Someone can you please help us???

Does anyone here have any advice on a wonderful place to get married at in Tahoe?  The wedding is planned for Sept.!!!  AHHHHHH!!!  We're on a SUPER tight budget...this is a very intimate wedding!  We're having about 50-60 guests.  I think I found a place that looks pretty good (our price range and not the janky 'ol typical chapel houses) but I don't think we can add any of our own touches...it's a pgk. deal set-up..so we don't choose any of our own colors or anything...and they charge such a high amount of money that buying flowers and cake to express our personalities is going to be very challenging.  HELP!!!!!!!

I'm soooo overwhelmed!  Oh...also looking for a place for a reception...a place where we can have a fun time eating food, listening to music & drinking....this place offeres "reception" but it's way to pretentious looking....and we would only have an hour or so.....I want to dance the night away!!!!!  Thanks!

Re: Help! Looking for a Great Location to get Married In Tahoe...time's running out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you contacted the person who rents the Beach House at Edgewood? It's very reasonable for the amount of guests that you are describing and best of all: No 10pm reception time cutoff. They do small weddings often.

The only reason why we're not considering it is because we have a projected guest list of around 250....

HTH
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how about picchetti winery? that's in south lake tahoe... you didn't specify whether you wanted north or south lake tahoe - there's a big difference in both locations :) 

try this link...

that's for south lake tahoe but i'm sure you could find a similar website for north lake tahoe.

HTH! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    surprise BFP 1/1/12 ~ EDD 9/10/12 ~ M/C 2/2/2012
    thank you, baby angel, for showing us we can DO it!
    appt with RE 11/1/12 ~ "you should take a HPT, your period's due soon" "yeah right"
    whoops! surprise BFP #2 11/2/12! ~ EDD 7/13/13 ~ you gotta stick, lil one!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow 250 people huh???  You will score on some gifts!!!  : ) 

Thank you so much for all your wonderful advice!  We're so happy we've decided to get married in June (next June) when we actually want to...and not give into the family.  Another upside...save more money!  It will be an even better wedding & I'll have more time to plan!

I'm going to look at the link you were so kind to give me.  We're not particular to north or south Tahoe, we just want something beautiful, where we have some kind of control but the bank isn't going to completely break and we don't get kicked out by 10 , like you said...that's ridiculous for what we all pay!!!  We actually fell in love in Mendocino and that's where his mom lives sooooo maybe.....we'll see.

I'm still so new to this I can't figure out how to put my profile picture up  : )  Or pictures of us  : (   Thank you and congratulations on your engagement!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many beautiful locations in Tahoe, and I've photographed a lot of them. Some of my favorites are: Thunderbird Lodge (beautiful old stone buildings), Heavenly Mountain Resort (stunning views of the lake from the mountain), Edgewood (pretty lodge and location), Sugar Pine Point State Park (so many places to take photos there!) and Northstar at Tahoe (beautiful mountain scenery and amazing staff). I hope that helps! www.tahoesbest.com has a pretty extensive wedding section, they're worth checking out.
    I hope that helps!
    Nicole
    Nicole Miller Photography
  • Options
    asudezineasudezine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the garden at The Ridge Resort. Very inexpensive, great to work with and gorgeous view. You can just do a ceremony and the reception somewhere else if you'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards