Wedding Invitations & Paper

Accidentally Seals RSVPs

I accidentally sealed all of my RSVP envelopes and put return address labels on them. Should I leave the envelopes sealed, try to open them, or take them out of the envelopes and start over?

Re: Accidentally Seals RSVPs

• Start over.  Those are useless to the guests now.

Sorry to admit, but I had a chuckle over this.  how exactly did this accident happen?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Ditto start over.   No guest can do anything with these.
  • lyndausvi said:
    Start over.  Those are useless to the guests now.

Sorry to admit, but I had a chuckle over this.  how exactly did this accident happen?
    This. You're gunna have to start over.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • People make mistakes. I never send out invites so sorry that I didn't know.
  • I did that with one of mine. It's just habit to seal an envelope. After I did it with one, though, I swore, then laughed, then remembered not to do it for the others.

Luckily, I'd ordered extra envelopes. :)

Even if you steam them open, you can't re-use them. The guests won't be able to use the glue. You're going to have to order more envelopes. Sorry. :-/
  • Just to clarify...when you get new envelopes you're not supposed to put the RSVP card INSIDE the envelope (let alone seal it!).  You just put the card under the flap.
  • We all male mistakes, you have to admit, this is a pretty funny one. In the big scheme of things, its no big deal. Just open them all and get new envelopes. Try to just breathe, you'll find things easier.
    *********************************************************************************

• Agree with PP. I know it seems stressful now but learn to laugh at yourself.
  • You don't see why this is a little funny? Really?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • banana468 said:
    You don't see why this is a little funny? Really?
    Seriously! I threw out a bunch of envelopes that I addressed upside down.
    I would have sent them, banana, if they were for my family. My grandmother always addressed mail to loved ones upside down. She said it means 'I love you.' She was a charming woman.

• banana468 said:
    You don't see why this is a little funny? Really?
    Seriously! I threw out a bunch of envelopes that I addressed upside down.
    I would have sent them, banana, if they were for my family. My grandmother always addressed mail to loved ones upside down. She said it means 'I love you.' She was a charming woman.
    I've heard that about stamp placement. Most greeting cards I sent have upside down stamps...most, not all...haha. :)
  • I accidentally sealed all of my RSVP envelopes and put return address labels on them. Should I leave the envelopes sealed, try to open them, or take them out of the envelopes and start over?

Seriously?
    What would you do with an already-sealed RSVP if you got one in the mail? Yes you will need to start over.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I've heard that about the stamps, too.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • People make mistakes. I never send out invites so sorry that I didn't know.
    Lighten up.  It's not a big deal.  Laugh about it, fix it and move on.  If this is the worst mistake to happen in your wedding planning, consider yourself lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards