Nevada-Las Vegas

Too hot?

I'm going back and forth over whether I should have my wedding at the Villa we are renting. I'm already having the reception there. And I know they have held weddings there before. One knottie already has. My dilemma is that 6/27 may be too warm for an outside event. Any Vegas locals have any advice for me?

I thank you in advance.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too hot?

• It will be hot. What time of day are you anticipating your ceremony?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tcnoble

Well....since it's Vegas I don't want it too early. Maybe 4pm?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's just about the hottest time of day. Can you have it any later? The sun doesn't set in June until 8.
  • @ericandmarie I could most definitely have it later. My ONLY concern is photographs. I really liked the idea of natural light for my ceremony. We were initially going to have it 1pm at a chapel. Is that cool enough?  Maybe a night time wedding would be fun. I never considered it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Really, any wedding in the summer months will require guests to be dressed up in the heat. It's not impossible, but not preferable. 

A 4pm ceremony will be happening during one of the hottest hours of the day. I posted on another thread and said that really, unless your ceremony is at 9pm in the summer it's going to be hot. It takes a LONG time for things to cool down after being near 100 degrees all day.

That being said - if you want natural light, you can push that a few hours due to the hours of sunlight. Maybe try a 5pm or 6pm ceremony? Then you can lead right in to your dinner/reception afterwards. I would urge you to push an outdoor ceremony as late as possible.

A 1pm indoor ceremony wouldn't be horrible either, but it depends what you want to do after. Are you looking at doing a DDB tour or photos at strip locations? Definitely don't want to be outside during that time of day.

Lots to consider during our summer months in Vegas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How long will your ceremony be?  If it is not too long, most are not, then keep it simple.  Just have it at the Villa.  It means less traveling for guest.  They can arrive, get themselves a drink and start enjoying themselves.  They can also, stay there while you do your pictures.  Unless, you had something planned for the guest after the ceremony.  Plus, you'll save money.  You are already paying for a Villa.  You can have a minister come by for about $150.  You can also rent a misting fan. 
  • @tcnoble Here is how it work in both scenarios:

Outdoor wedding at private villa:  5-6pm ceremony per your advice in the gazebo. Guests could then mingle in or outdoors after wards with cocktails and snacks while we take some pics. Maybe dinner would be delivered by an unknown caterer around 7:30 and then dancing a merriment until about 11pm

Indoor wedding: I'm canceling COTF. May go with Plaza. I'd have my ceremony there in the early or late afternoon. I would then have a limo bus take all of my guests to the house where one of my friends or family members would handle making sure everyone had a glass in hand and food would be set out. They would also make sure that the DJ would be setting up. We would arrive after pics.

I would take care of transportation in both scenarios.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missbruiser I have never liked long ceremonies. I say 10-15 minutes tops. My cousin told me her minister lives in Vegas and she could probably get him to come if we decided to do it there. And she loved him.  I'm already renting out some rooms for those that didn't want to get a hotel. Some guests already have a time share so they didn't want to pay for accommodations. I love a good old fashioned house party so that's what I envision. My fiance and I are very laid back people and we just like to have fun. I want this to be fun for us and our guests. With all my research it seems that couples are paying hundreds if not thousands of dollars for 15 min out of the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tcnoble Here is how it work in both scenarios:

Outdoor wedding at private villa:  5-6pm ceremony per your advice in the gazebo. Guests could then mingle in or outdoors after wards with cocktails and snacks while we take some pics. Maybe dinner would be delivered by an unknown caterer around 7:30 and then dancing a merriment until about 11pm

Indoor wedding: I'm canceling COTF. May go with Plaza. I'd have my ceremony there in the early or late afternoon. I would then have a limo bus take all of my guests to the house where one of my friends or family members would handle making sure everyone had a glass in hand and food would be set out. They would also make sure that the DJ would be setting up. We would arrive after pics.

I would take care of transportation in both scenarios.
    Your ceremony would be a full hour, or you would have it at 5 or 6pm?

If that timeline is what you would go with (hypothetically) I think there is too much time between the ceremony and start of dinner at 7:30. That's a long cocktail (longer than an)hour. I think if you nail down that ceremony time, and it's kept short (think 20-30 mins tops) you could swing the outdoor ceremony.

The outdoor option seems to eliminate some transportation, which could be nice for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tcnoble I'm sorry. I meant to say I would have it at 5 or 6..And I guess no more than 20min tops. Like I said previously I don't like long ceremonies.  So if I did 5pm...then dinner can be served at 6:30?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tcnoble I'm sorry. I meant to say I would have it at 5 or 6..And I guess no more than 20min tops. Like I said previously I don't like long ceremonies.  So if I did 5pm...then dinner can be served at 6:30?
    That would be a great plan! 5:00-5:20 ceremony, start cocktail hour right after, then dinner served at 6:30 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So don't worry about the light so much. There is a thing photographers love called golden hour, its the hour of sunrise or sunset and you can get great photos! 

We got married in May last year and it was 97F day. It was hot and our ceremony was about 20 mins outside. It was long enough that people were getting hot, but it wasn't unbearable. We had a cold water station set up and fans for our guests. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @KikiMira‌ ...did you rent the fans? If so where? Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nope, I bought them from Michaels when they had the 20% coupons, I had my family use them and pick them up as well. It worked out to be like $12 for 15 with the discount. I can't find them on their site anymore. It was similar to this but mine were white with a silver pattern on it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards