Just Engaged and Proposals

Was your ring bought online?

13»

Re: Was your ring bought online?

• @FeeleyToBe Opals are a really beautiful stone.  I love how complex they look with all the swirls of barely there colours.  So pretty. 

• FI bought my ring online from Moissaniteco. Diamonds are too pricey, and I had seen Moissanite Co have rings that I loved for less than other places. I love it, it is perfect, and people can't really tell that it's not a diamond if I don't tell them. 
  • My FI bought my ring online- we didn't see the point in spending a ton of money on a ring when I really want a house/our cars in good condition/nice wedding, etc. I'd also rather have a ring I don't mind messing up since I work with my hands a lot. We determined that we can upgrade later on if we wanted. I gave him ideas of what I liked and we narrowed it down to three choices- he picked the final one without me. He spent very little on it and I absolutely love it! As long as you love it, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks about your ring. And they don't need to know the details of where it was bought, anyway!
  • My ring is from Overstock and I am very happy with it. The first try was one size too small and they were really great about returning it (you can't exchange- must return and then we had to re-buy the ring in the correct size. this was my only negative experience). If there were issues with the stone or anything else, their return policy made it very easy to resolve. 
  • My ring was also bought online, and I actually think it looks better in person than on the website!

• Officially bought our wedding bands. FI's from Blue Nile, mine from Brilliant Earth. Expected delivery : tomorrow!
  • My fiance bought my engagement ring online at thenaturalsapphirecompany.com and it's absolutely stunning.  It's a perfectly clear 2ct white sapphire on a palladium band.  He was having a hard time finding white sapphires and palladium in a store and the sales people at natural sapphire co were really helpful and walked him through the process through email.
  • No, but it could have been. I showed my sister in law a ring online at Jared I had liked, mostly I just liked the cut (radiant). Fiancé then went to Jared, showed them and said "do you have this ring?" and bought it. They showed him different potential bands but he just got exactly what the website had.

So bought in the store, but he could have gotten it online and it would be no different.
  • My fiancé bought mine on brilliantearth.com. Lovely selection and then you choose exactly which diamond you want and where its from.

Also, the store is based in California so if you're not in Cali (or have someone outside of Cali you can ship it to) you can several hundred dollars in sales tax.
    Same here! :)  He knows what type of things I love in terms of my values in this world- and he picked Brilliant Earth all by himself- a company I had never even heard of.  Love that company- and my ring is extra special due to it being ethically mined and that FI was thoughtful enough to figure that out about me.  We are probably going to get my diamond wedding band from there- but not sure about rings for FI.  They seem a bit pricey for just a band.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards