Pre-wedding Parties

Shower Thank You Gift

Hi ladies,

I have a shower coming up in a couple weeks and I'm trying to think about thank you gifts for the hosts. The shower is being hosted by my FSIL, a friend of ours and the friend's mother (family friends). I know my FMIL is also very involved in the planning and hosting, even though her name isn't on the invite. My default thank you gift is a nice bottle of wine, but none of these women drink! I'm thinking about possibly a spa or restaurant gift card, but would appreciate any other ideas; I'm just trying not to break the bank since there are basically 4 hosts.

Suggestions??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower Thank You Gift

• I gave the host of my bridal shower a card with a nice message and a gift card to one of her favorite restaurants. I think gift cards work well. What about a gift card to a movie theater?
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Ugh. Last shower I gave for a friend, she brought me a stinky candle for hosting. If the shower is still to come, a box of candy or a supermarket bouquet for each would be more than enough. Then they could share the candy if they don't want to pig out on it by themselves, or they could put the flowers in a vase to make the place look pretty for the party.

Really, I would have appreciated a handwritten thank you note the most. 
  • edited January 2015
    A nice box of candy and flowers is always a lovely gift, and allows for a little guilty pleasure.  If you are creative and can get to Marshall's, Ross, T.J. Maxx, you could make each lady a gourmet gift basket without breaking the bank at all.  For some reason, I have found some really high end treats in all of these stores and they are not overly expensive. Also, Michael's stores usually have a selection of Godiva chocolates near the cash registers. If you know these ladies REALLY well, you could get a selection of products at Bath and Body Works and make each a gift bag with those products. They often run really great sales.
  • I got my shower hosts really cute aprons from Flirty Aprons. These are both women in their 60's.
  • Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm leaning towards flowers and gift cards to a restaurant or movies (and maybe throwing in baby sitting for the 2 with kids!) and of course a nice thank you card :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FSIL and I hosted a shower for DF/FSIL's cousin and she gave us compact umbrellas (get it... for SHOWERS?). I thought it was such a cute gift, and it was so practical! Mine sits in a basket by my front door so I can grab it and go if it's raining when I leave for work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In addition to the thank you note, flowers or candy are appreciated by most.
    You may want to expand candy to any goodies. If these people cook or entertain much, a couple of pounds of nuts, large jars of honey, jam or jelly from a produce stand, a small bakery layer cake or cheesecake, or a tray of honey soaked baklava, any might be welcome.

Remember that these are not hostess gifts that you bring and present on entering, which the hostesses might just serve. These are thank you gifts given afterward, intended for them.
  • @charcoalandblush - That is hilarious! I love that, super cute! I think these ladies would have thought it was weird, but I might do that for the shower my sister is planning in a couple months.

@WhatawagSBNy - Yeah, they got their thank you gifts after everyone else had left and it was just me and them (and my mom and sister) hanging out and chatting. The shower was at FMIL's house, so I stashed the flowers in her basement fridge through the shower...I don't know what they would've done with them if I'd given them out earlier! That would have just felt weird...like "thanks for what you are currently doing"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @charcoalandblush - That is hilarious! I love that, super cute! I think these ladies would have thought it was weird, but I might do that for the shower my sister is planning in a couple months.

It definitely depends on your crowd. I'm only doing it for the one my MOH is throwing me, not the one that DF's mom's BFF is throwing me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards