Chit Chat

Polar Bear Plunge!

Have any of you ladies tried one near you?  I'm in NY and the water was brutal yesterday!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Polar Bear Plunge!

• pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    No way! I detest the cold, so there is no way I would ever try one lol. Do you always do them?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• It was my first but I'd like to do it again next year.  I'll be better prepared for sure, my poor toes almost fell off.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hell to the no.  I hate the cold and even worse I hate being in super cold water.  Even in the dead of summer I like my pools a nice 85 degrees.

Around here the plunge happened two weeks ago.  I watched some of the coverage of the super plungers (those that plunge every hour for 24 hours) and just thought "those are some crazy ass people."

One year though it was cancelled due to the weather (had a blizzard come through) and the fact that the water was freezing over.

• Ugh you are brave as hell. I absolutely can't stand being cold (because I'm ALWAYS cold) so I've never tried. I grew up on Lake Michigan so they have several in that area, but NOPE! 
  • I picked the wrong occasion for a white bathing suit, I'll tell you that much.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where was it, at Rockaway beach? What do you do after, I mean aren't you FREEZING? Can you run to your car after? Or somewhere warm?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• No way, Jose. I have no desire to do this. The water is usually too cold for me in August. 
  • pinkcow13 said:
    Where was it, at Rockaway beach? What do you do after, I mean aren't you FREEZING? Can you run to your car after? Or somewhere warm?
    Long Beach NY!  We changed quick and ran to the car but it was parked pretty far away.  After getting out I was dizzy as hell and almost had a full blown asthma attack.  It was like jumping into broken glass (but they said this year had the coldest water in a long time because we just had that blizzard and it was gearing up to snow again)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've done our local Polar Bear Jump for the past three years! Unfortunately I'll be missing it this year due to travel for work, but it's always a blast. The best part is the hot shower that follows followed by the free food offered by local bars for jumpers!
  • WHATTTT my location didn't have free food :( 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards