Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday and a Mod Talk

13»

Re: Monday and a Mod Talk

• Options
    @swazzle - both, I've never had a radiator so didn't know if it was safe or even possible.  If the test works, I say go for it because that look is gorgeous. 

eilis1228 I have to do the same; just focus on the debt numbers getting smaller and that will make you feel better. 

• Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    @eilis1228  @swazzle

being an adult? BLEGH. Debt repayment? UGH. Yeah. I paid thousands in interest before the end of 2014 so that it wouldn't get capitalized, and I'm on the standard repayment plan right now (10 years). Right now I'm just paying that amount monthly (big chunk of change nonetheless!). I don't want to give away all disposable income, in case of emergency, especially since FI is in grad school now and not earning. But once he's out of school, and hopefully lands a job, then we may need to revisit our repayment plans. But striking that balance between paying back loans and saving for a house is confusing. Besides the house.... Camry (my car... unoriginal name) is probably coming to the end of her long lovely life.... and FI's Jeep prob won't last more longer. 

Thanks. I was really feeling like a bad friend. I agree that it really is no one else's business, and I'm kind of miffed that we even needed to talk about it. 

SO many things were taken into consideration besides close friendship (family feelings, group dynamics, physical space, budget.) On top of that, measuring the levels of close friendship is a very weird thing to do...  And that's what I did. I had space/ budget constraints, so I picked the 2 friends that I had been closest to/ spoken and seen the most within the past year or two, even though if circumstances had been different, I would have picked all four friends. But that's just what happens with the bridesmaids thing. And being a bridesmaid isn't even really all that fun!  

And beyond that, I do take some further blame. FI and I had been telling people right up through getting engaged that we didn't think we were going to do a wedding party. We shouldn't have talked about it at all! But everyone kept asking, or saying "i'll be your bridesmaid, right??". The no wedding party was our go to response, and we believed that was what we were going to do. And then, when that decision changed... I just ... I dunno... assumed they'd realize eventually? Even if that realization happened at the wedding? And hoped it wouldn't be a big deal? I think my friend's need for me being "upfront from the start" had to do with the fact that she just didn't realize I was having any bridesmaids. 

And, to be fair... my friend didn't TOTALLY put me on the spot. She spoke with my other friend about it last night, and the other friend told me "you should talk to her. She wishes you had been upfront. You should clear the air"... so then I sort of initiated with an apology this morning. My non-bridesmaid friend basically said "We're adults. We don't care. But you trying to brush it by was more awkward." I thought bringing it up like: "hi very good friend of mine, remember how I said I wasn't going to have bridesmaids? I changed my mind. I'm going with x and y, but not you" would have been worse! Oh well. Weddings are awesome and fun usually, but wedding parties... sheesh. They definitely inspire loads of guilt and angst!
  • Options
    @lilacck28 I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. People should just know better.

@swazzle Have you considered flipping the furniture in the room? I would flip it and have the TV in the corner...but then your media stand might not fit. But I feel like the room would be more open with the sectional facing the other way. The radiator won't be an issue. I have them in my house and I really love them. I feel like they heat the house up better for some reason.
  • Options
    AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    @WildMagelet‌ - WhyTheFrig aren't you AW-ing this?!?!? Congrats lady! It's so insanely gorgeous!

• Options
    @wildmagelet, congratulations!
  • Options
    @WildMagelet Congrats!!!!! AW this!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @wildmagnet - OMG!! CONGRATS! Your ring is so pretty! Also, I can't believe you hid this three pages into a weekend catch-up thread -this is the time to AW my friend!

• Options
    Haha :)   Okay okay I made a thread!  It's definitely worth celebrating!

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - I was lazy last night and didn't test the furniture :( I blame the weather and H! 

@lilacck28 - I hear ya. We have my student loans, H's car, and the mortgage. With me commuting everyday now, my car (which we own) is not going to last much longer so I'll likely be looking into a new car in the next couple of months. It's hard to figure out what makes the most sense to pay down first. I think we're leaning towards one of my three loans because the interest rate is the highest on that and it's the smallest debt. I think as long as you have an emergency savings JIC and you're paying down SOME debt, you're making the right choice. 

@500days - Do you mean to put the sectional where the TV is now and put the TV in the corner in between the 2 windows? The wall that the TV is on isn't very big, the picture I posted is a panorama so it's a bit distorted. I think a small sofa would fit on that wall but nothing much bigger than that. We had a really hard time deciding where to put the TV, actually, because the room is kind of awkward. We have the TV stand straight against the wall but the TV is angled towards that corner between the windows so if you're sitting on either of the 2 couches, you can see it. The previous owner had his TV against the staircase. 

• Options
    I missed this thread yesterday but I just wanted to say you are in my thoughts and prayers @CocoBellaF
  • Options
    @swazzle Yes, you understand my idea. It stinks that the wall isn't big enough where the TV is now. I'm also partial to having the TV facing away from windows...but I'm just crazy and don't want my neighbors seeing what's on my TV lol and I want to be able to see out the windows from my seat on the couch. I may be the neighborhood creep...
  • Options

My internet was being screwy at home yesterday, so follow up:

@CocoBellaF - I'm sorry you didn't get better news. So many prayers and good thoughts for you!

@futuremrshistorian - Keeping my fingers crossed that your man gets something nailed down that does NOT involve deploying again! I totally understand your frustrations, I'm glad you can be supportive though.

@Swazzle - Our cake will look like THIS except silvery and probably without flowers on top. We were just going to do 3 tiers/flavours (chocolate, vanilla, and probably lemon), but my mother is hell bent on there being fruitcake so we're doing 4 smaller tiers, and the top (smallest) one will be fruitcake. Because my mother IS a fruitcake.

@TwoDimes - Aw, I'm sorry that those friends won't be able to make it. It's so hard when it's something really good and exciting going on for them. I just found out yesterday that one of my oldest friends won't be able to come to our wedding. She's in grad school in Scotland and was really hoping it would work to come home on a break, but her schedule just won't allow it. I was super sad, I'm glad we were texting because I did cry. Le sigh.

@eilis1228 -  I did! I spent the whole day in sweatpants!

@AlPacina - I want more sharks please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @500days - I agree, that would be ideal! 

@lmcooper86 - That is GORGEOUS!

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - That cake looks awesome! I've never seen one like that, but it's beautiful, classy, and yet cute at the same time!.............. Also, there is an article I saw yesterday that showed pictures of one of the shark suit dancers. He has one of the most rockin bodies ever. Haha!

• Options
    @lmcooper86 I love that cake! I haven't seen one like that before. It's so pretty!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 - LOVE that cake. 
  • Options

@TwoDimes - That's how I feel. We've been friends since middle school, and although we don't talk or get together as much as I see some of my other friends, she's still someone I consider one of my oldest and truest friends. I'm so disappointed that she won't be able to make it, I cant imagine her not being there.

@Swazzle @AlPacina @eilis1228 and @CocoBellaF - Thanks! I saw some of the baker's other work in a magazine and fell in love with that cake as soon as I saw it on the website. We didn't want flowery or frilly, and the dots will coordinate really well with our stationary (bonus!). We're using a different baker though...the original girl would charge us 4 - 5 times more than we'll be paying; she does gorgeous cakes but she's ridiculously expensive!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Imcooper86 Where is this cake?? I went back through the thread, and I don't see a picture! I LOVE CAKE! especially pretty ones!
  • Options

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Imcooper86

I LOVE IT! Omg. Jaw dropped! its perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards