Just Engaged and Proposals

Addresses!

My (then) BF popped the question as we were exchanging late Christmas gifts after his deployment homecoming on January 7! We've decided on a May 2016 wedding. Just wondering when I should start collecting addresses! Is there a "too soon" for just finding out info for guests?

Thanks!

Re: Addresses!

• Congrats!

I think compiling a guest list so you have an approximate number of who you can/are willing to host is fine.  Addresses aren't as important right off the bat until you are ready to send out STDs or invites.  So collect addresses as you can but don't stress too much about this until things get a little closer.

• Congrats!

I think compiling a guest list so you have an approximate number of who you can/are willing to host is fine.  Addresses aren't as important right off the bat until you are ready to send out STDs or invites.  So collect addresses as you can but don't stress too much about this until things get a little closer.

Thank you!!!
  • I will tell you, it took me FOREVER to get addresses. My FI's sister got married a few years ago so thankfully his mom had some but not all and a lot of people had moved since then. I am the first of my parents' children to get married and I started asking for addresses in April probably and JUST got the last of them. We have a lot of family out of the country and hard to contact and that added to it. I would say start gathering as soon as you know FOR SURE who you are inviting..it could take longer than you think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started collecting addresses when we were getting ready to send out our STDs.  And even then, not everyone received one so we still had to collect addresses closer to sending out the invites.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards