Getting in Shape

Anyone else with a Fit Bit?

Let's be friends to keep each other going until the big day!

Re: Anyone else with a Fit Bit?

• mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I just upgraded my Flex to a Charge. But not the HR version. LOVE it.

• I've been trying to get back into the groove of wearing mine

www.fitbit.com/user/28NMGN

• I'm starting to hate on my fitbit...

I go to the gym for an hour or more, and it logs like "12 active minutes," when I take an Insanity class- so I know I'm working my butt off

Then I'll eat the recommended calorie intake and it'll say "Nailed it!" as in, I ate the correct number of calories. Then the next day, it will say I went over on my calories the day before. Super annoying.
  • I've been trying to get one of the Charge HR. Online sold out, no one in the stores are answering their phones to see if we can reserve it in store! We don't live anywhere near where they are sold so we need a family member to go get it, and i doubt im ever going to get one! haha. It was supposed to be my christmas present...

Im really hoping it will keep me more accountable, give me a better idea whats going on!
  • I have the fitbit flex and not a fan.  DH just got the Charge HR and he likes it, but I'm skeptical.  I ran into the same problems as @charolettesmom0626.  I bought a Polar watch and even though I have to wear the HR monitor, I like it so far.  DH is trying to sell me on the Charge HR though LOL.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use a Polar F7 when I work out, I don't rely on my Fitbit for exercise. I use my Fitbit moreso just to make sure I move around during my entire day.

• Is the F7 the one that can pair with the app instead of the watch? I have one but it always disconnects from my phone like 5 minutes in.
  • Is the F7 the one that can pair with the app instead of the watch? I have one but it always disconnects from my phone like 5 minutes in.
    I don't believe so. I have it paired with a watch that comes with it.

• Mines an H7 now that I look. Explains the confusion.

• I got the Charge HR last week. I do a lot of hiking for exercise and im really liking it for that, really handy to be able to track heart rate and know when Im slowing down the pace and need to pick it up a bit etc.
  • I got the charge HR last week too. I wear it to work because I was curious how much I was actually moving throughout a shift. The pre-set recommended steps is 10,000. I hit 18,500 the first day! It's good to see the breakdown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a fitbit! I am planning on doing 5 days a week exercise and taking weekends to rest!
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I just started using my Fitbit again. I need more friends on it!

• Ah I just posted on the chit chat board about this - I'm thinking about getting the Surge. Do you guys with a charge HR like it? How did you get it - every store tells me its sold out? Do you think the Surge is worth the investment? 
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • OK - proud new Fitbit owner here :) I have no idea yet how to use it so... how do I add you guys? Do we PM each other our profile info or what? Sorry probably silly question.
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • I have had one but haven't even taken it out of the box.  How do you join with others?  What does joining do?  Can you see what others have done?  Sorry for sounding stupid, but it's all new to me.  I also start my first day on 21 day fix tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • so, I'm also new to Fitbit but there is a way of adding each other and then being 'friends' on fitbit - what this does is that your friends will see your basic statistics such as steps/ stairs/ active minutes etc (NOT weight or calories) and also you can participate in challenges i.e. lets see who walks more steps today/ this week/ etc. I'm still figuring out how to add people (unless its people I already know who fitbit suggests to me based on my address book). 
  • DH just got me the Charge HR for our anniversary, but I want to switch it for the plum one (he got me black).  Apparently, they're being used in all of the advertising for them but won't be available till July, I think.  I'm not impressed.  Sticking with my old Force for the moment

• I like my FitBit for the accountability. It doesn't accurately log the exercise as you do it- I put it in manually. I'm not expecting an EXACT amount of calories I burn, but I think it helps give me a good idea of where I'm at with daily activity and eating right. I like that it adjusts calorie intake based on your activity too. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was just given a fitbit flex over the weekend, and so far I love it. It's not a huge improvement over any pedometer I've used before, but it's convenient to have my calorie tracking and steps in one app. The main thing I love, though, is the silent alarm. My biggest stumbling block in getting fit has been getting up early enough to workout before work, but having my wrist buzz this morning was weird and it definitely woke me up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards