Florida-South Florida
Options

South Florida Venues on a budget..Help!

Hello all,

I have been looking at a handful of venues (only online so far) and would like some input/advice.  My fiancé and I are thinking of doing our wedding in March 2016 but are trying to keep a budget of around $7-8000.  So far we are leaning toward Floridian Ballrooms, Pelican Grand, and The Grand Ballroom.

I would prefer to find a venue that already has a menu package in hopes of saving a headache of searching for a caterer for the occasion that will meet the budget, too.

Any advice helps!

Re: South Florida Venues on a budget..Help!

• Options
    How many people and are you doing a full bar?  Embassy Suites(17th street) and Crown Plaza Air and Sea Port (State Road 84 and US 1) in Fort Lauderdale are pretty reasonable for food.  Everybody takes a jump in price when you add the bar.  For a smaller group (80 or less) Bimini Boatyard, also on 17th street does 5 star food and you can be at $30.00 Per Person before alcohol.  Cafe Mezzaluna, on Cordova Road also has decent pricing and a nice room, but no views.
  • Options
    I recently attended a wedding at the Addison in Boca and loved it!  The food was amazing and the courtyard area where the ceremony took place was beautiful.  I don't know the prices.
  • Options

@ Lauderdale - Roughly 70 people, but are looking to cut down if possible. We would like to do a full bar. I actually checked out crown plaza and really like it. Do you know if they offer the packages with limited bar choices?

@ abell - Thanks I'll check it out!

• Options

I am having my July wedding at The Venue Fort Lauderdale.  This place is quite unique and isnt the typical ballroom venue.  It has a unique vintge feel and gives you full run of the entire place upstairs, downstairs, downstairs patio, upstairs balcony....and the prices are quite reasonable and are within your budget.  We aren't doing a bar package which kept are total package at about $7,200 for approxiamtely 125 people.  With 70 people you shouldbe well below your budget.

I have their packages available and could scan and send to youif you like.  Just let me know.

• Options
    I'd love to see them :)
  • Options

@ Lauderdale - Roughly 70 people, but are looking to cut down if possible. We would like to do a full bar. I actually checked out crown plaza and really like it. Do you know if they offer the packages with limited bar choices?

@ abell - Thanks I'll check it out!

I don't know the bar packages at Crowne Plaza, sorry, the party I hosted there was a work event so it was OK to have a cash bar.  If your numbers are that low, seriously check out Bimini Boatyard.  If weather permits, their outside area will be gorgeous for ceremony, the food is strictly 5 star for $30.00 per person and that leaves room for a bar tab.
  • Options
    I'd love to see them :)

what's your email address?
  • Options

mstabbytab I would too! My email is blees28@hotmail.com

Lauderdale Pink - I will check them out for sure. I am meeting with three different venues tomorrow and will take it from there.

Thanks for all of your help!

• Options
    BecomingMrsRogers@gmail.com

TIA!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards